SOTD : Saturday 25th - Friday 31st July 2020.

Wednesday 29th July

ACtC-3cyiKQhwDpnDQA_zL4OxTFmdWbepj3Brggma-0pFo_TYkQQqPkPtkXx9kz-vQ1wQFRtEIdBselQW3o-VK5BECp_DKpNmn9lqJ8XDfJMFJgToJ6nUOP5rlQb6Ow0TDBSGRZiSO3GW05DqS8m4YORWZ-2CA=s1200

Wash with Ach Brito Glyce
Lather up with Herbs of Bulgaria & Yaqi 'Heavy Metal' w/Tuxedo Synthetic 24mm
Shave with Gillette Tech (1951) USA & Treet DuraSharp (2)
Single Pass, Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Ach Brito Lavanda Aftershave​

Valobra stick
Yaqi Aqua 24mm Synthetic
Colonial Stainless General
Feather Super (1)
Aloe Vera Gel

You eventually changed the blade. Will this one last as long as the previous feather do you think?

________________________________________​

Wilkinson Wednesday

Pre - Shower / Face wash
Soap - Wilkinson blue bowl
Brush - GFT Best Badger
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (5)
Post - Alum followed by some moisturiser

I though I was having a good shave until I used the Alum, only for it to disagree. Still it's a close shave.

IMG_7900.jpg

28/07/20
Anniversary Shave (30 yrs)
Pre: Whickams pre shave soap face wash
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Famillia
Soap: P&B Trafalgar
Razor: 5/8 Thiers Issard Evide Sonnant / Razorock ECO
Blade: Perma Sharp SE (2)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
View attachment 57675
Very nice shave today, up early and took my time.
A nice lather, slick and nicely scented,
I completed 2 WTG passes with the T-I and on the second pass i completed some XTG strokes where i felt comfortable, leaving me with a SAS result.
I then completed a buffing pass with the ECO to finish BBS.
Confidence is growing and the old muscle memory starting to kick in from my last excursion into straight razor shaving.
I have not used the Floïd post shave products for a while so they were given a run out, very nice and smelling very old school barbershop (to my nose anyway).
Sadly Mrs TC is still not able to move around much so it will be another day of me looking after her instead of taking her out for a special meal, i will have to pull out all the stops later today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

A belated Happy Birthday. Congrats on 30 years.

Belated Happy Anniversaries to @Tony'schin and @pjgh and congratulations

It was also mine and Mrs Satanfriendly's anniversary yesterday the 28th but there is a big but attached. It was our anniversary for the first time we were married to each other and so we don't celebrate. Our present one is on the 10th August which will be 20 years married for the second time.

Not presently planning a third time around

I'm rapt - by your sea tales - how did - even within the pantheon of maniacs you both describe - did 'Rockets,' get his name? - or indeed 'Captain Jesus.' I used to climb with a guy - not for very long - who was known as 'Harpic,' - which I fairly quickly came to understand - meant - that he was 'clean round the bend.' :). I.

@merchant_seaman

Rockets? So I believe as I wasn't there thank God, but understand he ran aground off the East Coast and fired off all the pyrotechnics. Floated free and buggered off without updating the Coastguard or anyone. What started off as a stranded ship became a search for a sunken ship. All this while they were sat in port somewhere. He was simply a complete idiot. I ended my time with him stood on the quayside refusing to come back onboard as I had had enough. The company were quite understanding as I don't think I was the first.

Best name I met down the years was 'Rubber Spanner'.

I could write a book on my life at sea but it would be considered fiction. Plus I can't write

Married to the sea and divorced from reality

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom