SOTD : Saturday 25th - Friday 31st July 2020.

Sotd-28-07-20.jpg

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Gillette Slim (3)
blade - Tatra (5)
brush - Chubby 1 - best
soap - Ach Brito Lavanda cream
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
balm - Weleda
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

More hair on your chin than scalp? Time for a shave. I did my head with a razor - but three days ago - the regrowth is surprisingly quick - it is like the Play Doh barber - and currently - you could stick Fuzzy Felt on it - no danger. The healing power of lavender - all good - everything went right - nothing went wrong - not much more to say really - have tremendous shaves - one and all - yours - I.

@Tony'schin - happy anniversary both.

View attachment 57689

Prep - facial scrub
razor - Gillette Slim (3)
blade - Tatra (5)
brush - Chubby 1 - best
soap - Ach Brito Lavanda cream
post - witch hazel
a/s - Quorum
balm - Weleda
scent - Homme de Caron edt.

More hair on your chin than scalp? Time for a shave. I did my head with a razor - but three days ago - the regrowth is surprisingly quick - it is like the Play Doh barber - and currently - you could stick Fuzzy Felt on it - no danger. The healing power of lavender - all good - everything went right - nothing went wrong - not much more to say really - have tremendous shaves - one and all - yours - I.

@Tony'schin - happy anniversary both.
Thanks Iain,

T

When I first saw this photo I had some kind of a weird memory response...it reminded me of something and I couldn't quite figure it out. I'm a collector of DVD's and Blu-Rays and it was only about ten minutes ago I realised why I had an urge to re-watch one of my favourite sci-fi movies: 2001 A Space Odyssey ...that bottle of 'Sport' whatever brand it is...it's the 'monolith'!
I'm not joking...the image really did seem to have a subliminal effect.
It must have something to do with it being a cool monochrome image ...and having Proraso in it!
My point? 'Just a pic' is never 'Just a pic'.(y)

Tuesday 28th July SOTD

Soap - Signature Soaps - CoIra
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl - 3D Printed Bowl @Northam Saint
Razor - Karve SB C Plate
Blade - Astra SP (2)
Post - Quorum Aftershave

The Karve C Plate is so smooth it feels almost benign. No blade feel at all.
I find regrowth is quite a bit faster than with my recently used razors - Timeless 0.68 & Rockwell 6C on plate 4.
I'll use the D plate for my next shave. It is quite a step up in assertiveness in my experience.
@BrianH has said that his soaps are quite thirsty, but to me it seems to have the ability to handle more water than other soaps, rather than being 'thirsty'.
Rich glossy lather was easily attained thanks to the Simpson T3 and 3D Printed bowl.
Way too much for my shaving needs, the remainder used as a post shave wash. I'm sure my skin will benefit from this procedure.
Finished with Quorum Aftershave, which to my untrained nose, compliments the CoIra soap quite well.

Tuesday 28th July SOTD

Razor - Karve SB C Plate
Blade - Astra SP (2)
Post - Quorum Aftershave

I find regrowth is quite a bit faster than with my recently used razors - Timeless 0.68 & Rockwell 6C on plate 4.
I'll use the D plate for my next shave. It is quite a step up in assertiveness in my experience.
@BrianH has said that his soaps are quite thirsty, but to me it seems to have the ability to handle more water than ether soaps, rather than being 'thirsty'.
Rich glossy lather was easily attained thanks to the Simpson T3 and 3D Printed bowl.
Way too much for my shaving needs, the remainder used as a post shave wash. I'm sure my skin will benefit from this procedure.
Finished with Quorum Aftershave, which to my untrained nose, compliments the CoIra soap quite well.
Thanks Paul, (that's) probably a better way to explain it. Cheers Brian
Tuesday 28th July SOTD

Razor - Karve SB C Plate
Blade - Astra SP (2)
Post - Quorum Aftershave

@BrianH has said that his soaps are quite thirsty, but to me it seems to have the ability to handle more water than other soaps, rather than being 'thirsty'.
Thanks Paul (that's) probably a better to explain the use of water. Cheers Brian

When I first saw this photo I had some kind of a weird memory response...it reminded me of something and I couldn't quite figure it out. I'm a collector of DVD's and Blu-Rays and it was only about ten minutes ago I realised why I had an urge to re-watch one of my favourite sci-fi movies: 2001 A Space Odyssey ...that bottle of 'Sport' whatever brand it is...it's the 'monolith'!
I'm not joking...the image really did seem to have a subliminal effect.
It must have something to do with it being a cool monochrome image ...and having Proraso in it!
My point? 'Just a pic' is never 'Just a pic'.(y)
Thanks - I know what you mean about the monolith - remember it well a great movie.
The ASB is Autograph, for some reason it didn't show on the photograph, too shiny.

Date:- 29 July 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Bruce Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ TSM Fougère
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Fatboy (7 & 5) G2 1961 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #12
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

Wed 29th July.

Vulfix 404 mixed
Williams Mug soap
Personna Super S/S Injector
NOS Personna Platinum [ 1 ]
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

First use of this blade, and Personna seem to have perfected the manufacture of Dispensers that do not want to load a blade [easily]. I Found the Razor/Blade combo to be smooth but very mild, which meant that with a harsh beard Shave Time was lengthy and the finish was nothing to write home about.

IMG_0913.jpg

Wed 29 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Summer Fig Sample 1st Use
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor RR Game Changer.84 SB
Blade Gillette Gillette 7oclock Super Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Another nice lather from A&A. Scent was very good fig like.....kinda refreshing. Thickness & creaminess was just okok. I just used a pea size. Slickness was just ok. Overall was good scent while the rest acceptable.
Shave with razor paired with blade was not so smooth especially going atg...however, no weepers & no irritation and the best thing is after 3+1 multiple passes, unexpected BBS result...wow!!
Must be the razor clamping hard on the blade keeping it rigid. Haven't had this close shave for past week.
Icy water rinse followed by chilly Thayers then Hyaluronic and finish off with AV Musk. Great shave session for closeness and post feel. 9.7/10 rating
20200728_233025.jpg
20200729_131158.jpg

29/07/20
Pre: Whickams pre shave soap face wash
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte
Razor: Dovo Best / Brass Karve C Plate
Blade: Dorco ST301
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Bergamot and Vanilla Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
20200728_173249.jpg
A very enjoyable shave today, made more-so by the wonderful edge on the Dovo, the shave was smooth and crisp, Thanks @RussellR5555.
I really like these A&E soaps and today lather was slick and well scented, thanks @Boycie83 & BST.
2 Passes WTG with a little XTG thrown in for good measure, Confidence growing and managed the LH side of the neck using my left hand. Still struggling going over and under the chin though.
Result SAS easily,
i Completed a buffing pass with the Brass Karve to pick up anything i missed.
A nice post shave routine leaving me with a DFS+ finish, feeling and smelling good.
I am ready for the day ahead and whatever it brings.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom