SOTD : Saturday 25th - Friday 31st July 2020.

Red Tuesday 28 SOTD
Soap Cella
Bowl Red Nubs
Brush Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Razor Yaqi DOC Mellon
Blade Silverstar 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Cella Balm + Polo EDT
Good soap. Thick, creamy and ok slickness but zero scent for my nose. Shave with razor paired with blade was good. Quite sharpish, ok smoothness and ok comfortable. 3+1 multiple passes with no issues. More bbs than dfs result. Icy water rinse then Thayers then Hyaluronic. A good session. 9.5/10
20200727_194732.jpg
20200728_073531.jpg

28/07/20
Anniversary Shave (30 yrs)
Pre: Whickams pre shave soap face wash
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Famillia
Soap: P&B Trafalgar
Razor: 5/8 Thiers Issard Evide Sonnant / Razorock ECO
Blade: Perma Sharp SE (2)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
View attachment 57675
Very nice shave today, up early and took my time.
A nice lather, slick and nicely scented,
I completed 2 WTG passes with the T-I and on the second pass i completed some XTG strokes where i felt comfortable, leaving me with a SAS result.
I then completed a buffing pass with the ECO to finish BBS.
Confidence is growing and the old muscle memory starting to kick in from my last excursion into straight razor shaving.
I have not used the Floïd post shave products for a while so they were given a run out, very nice and smelling very old school barbershop (to my nose anyway).
Sadly Mrs TC is still not able to move around much so it will be another day of me looking after her instead of taking her out for a special meal, i will have to pull out all the stops later today.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
Happy Anniversary to you Both , Tony.

Tuesday 28th July

Wedding Anniversary Shave ... 19 Years!

ACtC-3cppJmmr9QlKBmcGnMwsmhAjg0rAsT2D_6jRJuY3nWw0IQNiFBDvUikukdSJ5A6EPIL5b3oPj7rNuTVqdgv3t9Wg-ryRRBfd-6B_lVjcWIan_1IAnYgv7vEjgxMzxk2t1l85en87P_QaFpFw1H6fSBLMg=s1200

Wash with Ach Brito Glyce
Lather up with Rose of Bulgaria Shaving Cream & Yaqi 'Heavy Metal' w/Tuxedo Synthetic 24mm
Shave with Gillette Tech pre-War American NDC & Treet Carbon (1)
Single Pass, Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave Cologne
Oudh al Anfar Jamal Ayounak EDT ... Mrs likes Rose :)

Tuesdays Shave

Razor: The Hallward 11/16 Sheffield Straight
Brush: AP Shave 24mm Synban
Soap: S.V. Tundra Artica
Pre: African Black Soap
Aftershave: Aqua Velva
ASB: Bart's Bergamot and Vanilla
EDT: 401 E Amatrice

Lovely shave with the "The Hallward". I honed it yesterday as it was NOS and it took a lovely edge, A nice comfortable 3 Pass Shave and a very smooth result.

20200728_001845 2.jpg

Tuesday 28th July

Wedding Anniversary Shave ... 19 Years!

ACtC-3cppJmmr9QlKBmcGnMwsmhAjg0rAsT2D_6jRJuY3nWw0IQNiFBDvUikukdSJ5A6EPIL5b3oPj7rNuTVqdgv3t9Wg-ryRRBfd-6B_lVjcWIan_1IAnYgv7vEjgxMzxk2t1l85en87P_QaFpFw1H6fSBLMg=s1200

Wash with Ach Brito Glyce
Lather up with Rose of Bulgaria Shaving Cream & Yaqi 'Heavy Metal' w/Tuxedo Synthetic 24mm
Shave with Gillette Tech pre-War American NDC & Treet Carbon (1)
Single Pass, Hot Rinse & Cold Rinse
Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave Cologne
Oudh al Anfar Jamal Ayounak EDT ... Mrs likes Rose :)
Happy Anniversary

Tue 28th July

Cyril Salter /MS. ED2band
Cyril Salter Solid Shaving soap -100g
Schick E2-Canada
Schick S/S single-Japan [ 4 ]
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

An excellent Razor /Blade combo today, add a superb lather from the soap = One of the smoothest ever Shaves with The E2, and a Top Notch Finish too. Glad I found that I had this unused puck of Soap, as it really is good and currently hard to find. This is the Tallow version[ 70/100g] and not the Veggie version [57/99g] , which apparently is not as good.

IMG_0912.jpg

28/07/20
View attachment 57675
I completed 2 WTG passes with the T-I and on the second pass i completed some XTG strokes where i felt comfortable, leaving me with a SAS result.
Confidence is growing and the old muscle memory starting to kick in from my last excursion into straight razor shaving.
I have not used the Floïd post shave products for a while so they were given a run out, very nice and smelling very old school barbershop (to my nose anyway).
Sadly Mrs TC is still not able to move around much so it will be another day of me looking after her instead of taking her out for a special meal, i will have to pull out all the stops later today.
Happy Anniversary to you Both...Have a wonderful day.

Regards Barry.

Last edited:
28/07/20
View attachment 57675
Have a lovely day

28/07/20
View attachment 57675
Hi Tony,
Happy Anniversary. Hope you have worn your Mask when you nipped down to The Shops to get the ingredients for that Special meal you are cooking for Deborah.
Just make sure she does not overreach herself, thinking its OK to do things as normal.
All the Best- Mike

28/07/20
View attachment 57675

Congratulations to you and your Mrs for the 30th Anniversary, I hope she's able to continue making progress on her recovery and when things return to normal you're able to go out for a special meal (which if I'm providing a suggestion it should be a curry, but other types of food are also available)

28/07/20
View attachment 57675

Happy Anniversary to you both

28/7/20

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 24mm
Soap - MWF
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Voskhod (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
AS - Old Spice

I had a terrible shave yesterday, the lather wasn't quite right and the blade left a lot of irritation and got back on the MWF horse today, and I produced a superb lather with it today. I think I might have cracked my MWF gripes, and it's quite simple I don't think I was loading enough soap.

I'd not used a Vosk in a while, and I forgot how superb a performer it was. It was delightfully smooth and efficient in my FHT.

Anyway gents, have a good day.

Tuesday 28th July

Wedding Anniversary Shave ... 19 Years!​
Happy Anniversary to you both Paul, a good date to get married.

Thank you everyone for your congrats,
@donnie_arko we both love an Inian Curry and we will probably end up in one of our favourite restaurants, The Goa on the Sea front.
Very nice.
T & Mrs T

Back
Top Bottom