Monday evening

Tabac Original
RazoRock BC Silvertip 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette ‘Sportsman'/Aluminium Tech 1968
Gillette 7 o' Clock Yellow
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Tabac Original after shave

Two light passes tonight; as I used my Gillette Old last night with the Yellow (didn't have time to post an SOTD) and it resulted in a shave so smooth to the extent that, even tonight, there's not a huge amount of bristles to deal with.

Monday 27th May 2019 PM

Pre-shave:- Warm Rinse / Proraso White pre-shave cream / Hot flannel
Brush:- Stirling Soap Co. Finest Badger
Soap/Cream:- Alvarez Gomez Barberia cream
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Fatboy setting 3 / Gillette 7 o'clock Green Super Stainless (1)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia moisturiser/ Bart's Lime aftershave lotion
EdC:- Alvarez Gomez Agua de Colonia

23774ce9a5e4096413c847c33b63da56.jpg

Wow. Just wow.

Have a great evening folks.

SOTD-27-5-19.jpg

Sotd - Saturday the 25th and today - Monday - 27th of May -

Saturday -

Razor - PAL Injectomatic
blade - Schick Platinum Plus vintage (1)
brush - Semogue 2000 boar
soap - Kent hard tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid Mentally Vigorous LE
balm - Floid
scent - Tabac EDT.

Today -

razor - PAL Injectomatic
blade - Schick Platinum Plus vintage (2)
brush - Vie Long Anniversary two-band
soap - Kent hard tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Epsilon Blue
balm - Floid
scent - Copycat - Bleu De Chanel.

Result - bank holiday mimsy shaves - excellent and interesting.

I'm fond of my vintage injectors - I find them great razors - the safest of 'safety razors' in use for me - if I need to be well shaved in the minimum amount of time - with no chance of claret - this is what I will reach for - you can toss them around your face with gay abandon - hurting yourself - would take some considerable effort - in my experience. My Schick I, L, N and O types live on the 'top tier' of the den - normally used with modern twin blades - so - I was delighted to be gifted the Injectomatic. Marketed - I'm told - as the 'Schick-buster,' - is this the case? Well no - but it certainly is different in some respects - feels the same in use - just as comfortable - but definitely more assertive - my usual two passes left me bbs without the need of a bit of a polish in the problem spots. Very impressive indeed. A keeper - for sure. So many excellent razors - only one face.

Jury still out on Copycat fragrances for me - certainly not bad - my other half has taken to the 'Tobacco Vanille' - it smells gorgeous on her - as a cheaper every-day alternative to her signature ADP Colonia 'Leather,' - I know - weird - its supposed to be for boy bears. See what you think yourself. The emails you get from them really get on my 'threepenny bits' - no, I will not 'reach out to you' Josh if I have a problem. Harrumph.

Enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

@Barry Giddens - thank you mate - generous as ever.

Oh - I know next to bugger all about Injectomatic razors - a brief perusal of threads indicate that @Fergiebilly @mpf9ret or @Blademonkey might help me date and identify it - the head is gold coloured.

View attachment 44178

Sotd - Saturday the 25th and today - Monday - 27th of May -

Saturday -

Razor - PAL Injectomatic
blade - Schick Platinum Plus vintage (1)
brush - Semogue 2000 boar
soap - Kent hard tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Floid Mentally Vigorous LE
balm - Floid
scent - Tabac EDT.

Today -

razor - PAL Injectomatic
blade - Schick Platinum Plus vintage (2)
brush - Vie Long Anniversary two-band
soap - Kent hard tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Epsilon Blue
balm - Floid
scent - Copycat - Bleu De Chanel.

Result - bank holiday mimsy shaves - excellent and interesting.

I'm fond of my vintage injectors - I find them great razors - the safest of 'safety razors' in use for me - if I need to be well shaved in the minimum amount of time - with no chance of claret - this is what I will reach for - you can toss them around your face with gay abandon - hurting yourself - would take some considerable effort - in my experience. My Schick I, L, N and O types live on the 'top tier' of the den - normally used with modern twin blades - so - I was delighted to be gifted the Injectomatic. Marketed - I'm told - as the 'Schick-buster,' - is this the case? Well no - but it certainly is different in some respects - feels the same in use - just as comfortable - but definitely more assertive - my usual two passes left me bbs without the need of a bit of a polish in the problem spots. Very impressive indeed. A keeper - for sure. So many excellent razors - only one face.

Jury still out on Copycat fragrances for me - certainly not bad - my other half has taken to the 'Tobacco Vanille' - it smells gorgeous on her - as a cheaper every-day alternative to her signature ADP Colonia 'Leather,' - I know - weird - its supposed to be for boy bears. See what you think yourself. The emails you get from them really get on my 'threepenny bits' - no, I will not 'reach out to you' Josh if I have a problem. Harrumph.

Enjoy your shaves one and all - yours - I.

@Barry Giddens - thank you mate - generous as ever.

Oh - I know next to bugger all about Injectomatic razors - a brief perusal of threads indicate that @Fergiebilly @mpf9ret or @Blademonkey might help me date and identify it - the head is gold coloured.
I think the ‘Injectomatic Gold' started to be produced in the 1950s through to the 1960s, Iain. They are, indeed, fine razors and, as you say, can be whipped around the chops without fear of too much damage.

Prep: Cella Gel pre barba
Bowl: Fine
Brush: Brad Sears Shaveworks Preacher
Soap: Acqua di Parma Barbiere
Razor: Raw Shaving RS-10, mild Plate
Blade: Gillette 7 O‘ Clock yellow sharp Edge
AS: Acqua di Parma
AS: Acqua di Parma

SOTD-20190527.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

A bunch of days worth of growth and it was a toss up between whether it would fall to the Muhle R41, Merkur 37C or 39C...short and swift was the decision. Love the 37C and I mentioned previously it just balances better than the 39C for me. Voskhod in this razor is smooth as can be.

Soap of the day was Barrister & Mann Seville which is slick and a wonderful performer. The Chubby 1 makes quick work of this soap and is quickly becoming my favourite brush. However, the Paladin Sumo will be giving it a run for its money me thinks.

Lathered up and got through an easy two pass DFS! No third pass needed! Hope your weekend was good, good luck with the week and Happy Shaves All!
Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Pre-Shave: The Real Shave Co. - Oil
Lather: Barrister & Mann Seville
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Seville
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block

F5CE8228-148C-4615-9BFC-4FDB71193B7B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom