9f05558dad92f6118fe95f7f3e6f43be.jpg

Enviado desde mi MI 5 mediante Tapatalk

26/5/19

Razor - Gillette Blue II
Soap - Arko
Brush - Omega 10075
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum Mentholated

After yesterday's disaster shave I had some trepidation for shaving today, but the addiction's got to me I wanted to test out a new brush. The edge of my lower lip isn't up for shaving so my solution to allow that skin some time off shaving is to grow a 'soul patch'!

First time using the Omega 10075 which didn't really hold much lather past the first pass which I normally would have minded but for today's shave I was only planning to do a pass with clean ups, and also it is the brush's first shave.

An unlikely choice of razor as well, I don't think I could face using a DE razor after cutting my lip/lower lip yesterday. The cut in question has almost healed, it proved to be a bit of a PITA for eating yesterday!

Anyway chaps, enjoy the Bank Holiday Sunday!

26/05/19

View attachment 44140

Pre shave prep: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Yaki Mysterious Space 24mm
Soap: Stirling Sandalwood
Razor: Blackland Sabre L1
Blade: GEM PTFE Stainless steel (1)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Barts Sandalwood
A/S: Barts Sandalwood oil & CC Oud wood

Sandalwood Sunday.
(sorry about the wrong date in Yesterdays SOTD, stole your bank holiday)
A Fantastic Shave this morning, Maiden outing for the Sabre and boy did he turn up.
Again the Synth Yaqi and Stirling soap really working giving me a nice scented lather, enough for 3 passes of slick loveliness.
Using a similar angle as i would with a 1912 i started, smoooooth, gliding through the lather taking the stubble with it, with a soundtrack but not as audible as the 1912. He is obviously carrying much more weight than a 1912 but in a very well balanced way, the handle in the hand feels great, easily manoeuvrable taking care of business easily. I like this Razor.
2 passes later, WTG & XTG/ATG mix, he did a brilliant job, even on my "devils whirlpool" areas under the jaw line and under the cheek bones.
The block gave me some light indications and disappeared just as quickly as it came, a splash of cold water and some witch Hazel on my face then cleaned everything up.
The Barts Balm really hydrating the face area, i used both the Balm and lotion and again they complimented the soap choice carrying on the theme. i was not sure at first about the Oil/lotion, but it works and i will use it. The balm does its job well.
A splash of Copycat Oud Wood and i am ready for my visit with the Mothership. Then take the darling out for Lunch, then, meet the lads for a few beers and watch the match to see if Sunderland can actually win a game at Wembley.
Have a great day everyone.
Obviously not. Well done Charlton.
"Get the port in Danny"

Sunday 26th May 2019 PM

Pre-shave:- Warm Rinse / Nuage Men Shaving Oil
Brush:- ES Medium Jock synthetic
Soap/Cream:- ES Natural cream
Razor/Blade:- ES Claymore / Schick Proline (2)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Boots Freshwood aftershave / Boots Freshwood balm

ed374b1573b25b210193d672f2dc27da.jpg

I took things back to basics this evening as some shaves haven't just hit the spot recently.

A smooth and non rushed shave with a lot of concentration going into the blade angle. The results speak for themselves with a BBS finish after 3 passes and some pickups.

The Natural shave cream from the Executive Shaving Company is a pleasure. The pine needle scent has really taken over the bowl and the cushion and glide is good.

Likewise, the Claymore is effortless. No pressure and some concentration.

I haven't used the Boots Freshwood for a while but it gives a nice evening scent and the balm matches perfectly. No irritation or feedback when the aftershave was splashed on.

A chilled and relaxed shave which has me ready for the week ahead. I hope those that are off tomorrow have a great long weekend, and I hope everyone has a good week.

All the best. [emoji1303]

Back
Top Bottom