SOTD : Saturday 25 th - Friday 31th May 2019

Sun 26th May
Razoock Syn. 24mm
P & B Spitfire
Gem Micromatic
Gem S/S [ 5 ]
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

Though not a relaxed Sunday shave, there is no doubt that treated with respect the original Micromatic is going to deliver an excellent Shave. In fact I found it to be a more comfortable Shave than the one with a Starling yesterday.

IMG_1019.jpg

Yesterdays shave and very nice it was.
54479621c82b9cc0ad8167f4b2b5169b.jpg

I've been using the progress a fair bit recently and it's a great little razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monday 27th May

Murphy and McNeil Triskele
Semogue Owners Club Cherrywood Boar
RazoRock Gamechanger .84
Polsilver Super Iridium
Humphreys Witch Hazel

Another day, another shaving soap gifted to me by @Boru62, and another excellent lather. Triskele is an interesting take on the barbershop theme. It reminds me of something but I can't quite put my finger on it. Aramis Tuscany? Have a good day gents.
Cheers Kevin.

16D7ECB2-4724-4876-85C4-E0D3AD3189C9.jpeg

Monday 27th May

Cold Water Shave
Vitos Preshave Cream
OSP Grapefruit and Menthol Shaving Soap
Semogue 'Taj' Badger/Boar Brush
Gem Featherweight Razor with a Treet Carbon Blade
Mentholated Witch Hazel
Dove Moisturiser
Epsilon Blue AS

The Treet blades give a good shave....but it is a little off putting how quickly the main body of the blade tarnishes despite a coating of Ballistol. I don't think I will be restocking.
3 passes for a perfect finish and it is off to the Hay Festival for a talk on the D-Day Landings!

27/05/19

Vec, Lime RR400 (2).JPG

Pre shave Prep: Pears Transparent
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: Stirling Lime
Blade: Kai Captain Pink (8)
Razor: Blackland Vector
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Lime Oil
Aftershave: Barts Lime Oil, 1912 Citrus Musk

A great shave with a sharp lesson.
A great 3 pass shave with the vector this morning, everything worked well and I believe the blade is now done, I don't want to push another shave and spoil the experience. 8 shaves from 1 blade, I am happy with that.
The sting in the Tail.
I dismantled the razor for cleaning and was sure the blade was in the head so started to rinse the cap, i took about a 5 pence piece size of bark from my thumb, the blade was actually in the cap. School boy error. What a plonker.
Note:- Totaly dismantle the razor and bank the blade before cleaning. Hopefully it will stop bleeding soon and i can get this big roll of tissue tape wrapped bandage off.
Have a great day all.

27/05/19

View attachment 44163

Pre shave Prep: Pears Transparent
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: Stirling Lime
Blade: Kai Captain Pink (8)
Razor: Blackland Vector
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Lime Oil
Aftershave: Barts Lime Oil, 1912 Citrus Musk

A great shave with a sharp lesson.
A great 3 pass shave with the vector this morning, everything worked well and I believe the blade is now done, I don't want to push another shave and spoil the experience. 8 shaves from 1 blade, I am happy with that.
The sting in the Tail.
I dismantled the razor for cleaning and was sure the blade was in the head so started to rinse the cap, i took about a 5 pence piece size of bark from my thumb, the blade was actually in the cap. School boy error. What a plonker.
Note:- Totaly dismantle the razor and bank the blade before cleaning. Hopefully it will stop bleeding soon and i can get this big roll of tissue tape wrapped bandage off.
Have a great day all.
Owwww hope it is not too bad Tony !

27/5/19

Pre - Soap Free Face Wash
Razor - Gillette Aluminium Tech
Blade - Treet Classic (1)
Soap - Arko
Brush - Omega 10075
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling Kick
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum Mentholated

First time using the Treet Classic, a carbon steel blade which I think has the same grind as the Treet Black Beauty albeit without the black colouring on the blade faces. Like one might expect it's not a very sharp blade, but an incredibly smooth one and one that with the aluminium handled Tech produced a superb shave. Ok, the combination of a very mild blade in a mild razor might not seem like a great one but I think it's all about getting the right angle dialled in, and for a Tech in particular if the technique is right then it produces great results near enough every time.

Second shave with the Omega 10075 and any problems I might have had with the brush holding lather were long gone, it managed to hold a comfortable 3 passes of lather without the slightest bit of bother. I was really surprised at how well the brush has 'broken in' just by it's second shave, really pleased with the brush so far.

Best of luck managed to get in 3 passes without any cuts, nicks or weepers! Absolutely delighted!

Back
Top Bottom