SOTD : Saturday 25 th - Friday 31th May 2019

OTD 20190528.

rwLSqow.jpg

Vie-Long foroafeitado SE 2019 synth.
Oatcake "Lavender Melt" shaving soap.
Rockwell 6S R5 only / Stork "Advoco" handle.
Rainbow Super Stainless (5).
Loris "Lavanta" EdC.

28/05/19

Dovo,6S,SH,Moka.jpg
Pre shave Prep: 1912 Scottish Heather
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 24mm
Soap: 1912 Scottish Heather
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Razor: Dovo Classic 6/8" Classic / Rockwell 6S - R4
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Floïd AS Balm
Aftershave: Floïd Mentolado Vigaroso

A great shave today.
Curiosity got the better of me and I resurrected 1 of my SR's, the Dovo Classic, I started shaving with it years ago but work took over and the SR's were stored as I got lazy. 100 laps on the Strop and thought - Ok it still seems shave ready, give it a go.
Today I only wanted to shave my cheeks with the Dovo, so as not to push my luck and chose the 6S to finish the job.
A fine silky lather mixed up from the 1912 and Moka, i may become a synth convert, they work really well with my technique. using the 1912 pre shave soap for a base then lathered up.
I carefully completed the left side using the SR and found my old angle almost immediately, moving WTG from sideburns & high cheekbone to jaw bone, i remembered i always shaved both side with my right hand and changed angle as i never did feel confident with my lefty, i reversed the blade and completed the RH side, no issues and a very close, comfy 1st pass.
I moved on to the 6S and the rest of the shave was a doddle, very comfortable. Finishing 1st pass then full XTG & ATG to follow. Nothing at all from the block, a splash of cold water and a rub of homemade witch hazel. I left that to settle and cleaned up the tools and workstation.
A nice Balm Massage with the Floïd Balm and a splash of Mentolado Vigaroso.
That was a success and i am a happy shaver today.
Have a nice day all.

Back
Top Bottom