SOTD: Saturday 25 November - Friday 1 December 2023.

View attachment 114003
Mikes Natural soap
Yaqi brush
stahly live perma sharp

I see you byassed the vibrating handle option ... it's a nice enough head though, isn't it?

I have that Yaqi brush in my sights. I do have the Hive already but I think a more traditional fibre in the same shape handle would be good - I take it you like yours.

30/11/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Bay Rum
Razor - Focus R28
Blade - Unknown Extra Stainless
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Bay Rum Argan Oil
A/S - DR Harris Bay Rum
Wk 48 (6).jpg
The Focus Slim is, for me, the best half-blade shavette out there and i have tried a few. Its the only one that has managed to stay in the den.
I am really enjoying the "darker" scents for the winter months and the Bay Rum seems to be coming out on top lately. A wonderful face lather today with a face-full of soft badger producing massive amounts of the good stuff.
2 passes with a little touch up here and there and then, for some inexplicable reason, i tried to touch up ATG on the top lip, something i never do and managed to give myself a small nick, what a plonker. Ah well?
A nice post shave routine to finish of a very enjoyable shave.
Sorry to hear about your fall @Rip my flesh, Hope all is OK.
Enjoy your day all.

Thursday 30th November

ADCreHeUBhvbSt6zcEoeTTosFpof8571xiQzCxt1tyTY_2x3tBYOSAm5evJvA30rQ3P8gO8sldTzilkYqcM-CbUAaYU9-o9PoaUWNg-v6o9HWiCt4rvY5_vxh_daLZvGQIP4NDM9p9xqo7aNMIeyHt1mNdz3cg=w800

Dr Selby Lavender Shaving Bowl & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Muhle R89 w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & Treet Platinum (3)
Ach Brito Eau de Cologne Lavanda (as Aftershave)

Why Hello. Has life been busy or what? Or what what? Anyway to correct my poorly attended SOTD display this week I have finally found time to throw some rubbish together.

It is my great pleasure to bring to your screens this evening my last two shaving efforts with the theme, 'Lights, camera and.....action'

20231130_191303.jpg

Woke up this morning to the arrival of a film crew and entourage. At first I thought The Caravan Club of Great Britain had declared our street a new camp site and had visions of open fires, folk songs all day and people crapping behind our hedges.

Conversation with a security guard:

What's going on here then mate?
They're filming with Martin Freeman
Marty Feldman? He died years ago didn't he?
No, Martin Freeman. The Hobit
You telling me we got bloody Hobits roaming around the street? They're mythical people from a Tolkien book.
They're filming the next series of 'The Responder'
They need any naked old men? Me and my mate Frank will happily get our kit off. Frank's only got one leg though, but he's hung like a......
No naked old men required thanks
Oh, shame like. When they filming 'Naked attraction' down here?

I think he must have thought we got some nutters around here, better call the police

Shaving matters

20231128_171545.jpg

Take one - 3ONE6
Take two - Feather
Take three - PAA Pelegrino
Take four - Proraso
Take five - Proraso balm
Take him away
'Oooooops. I thought they were a kind of wafer'

Three sure fire winners here. Three items which have knocked my shaving socks off with their unexpected performance. The 3ONE6 removed my first sock. The Pelegrino my second sock. And the Proraso soap my third.

Sorry, a bit of a delay here while I count my feet. 1, 2 and.....3?

A real top flight shave all the way. The 3ONE6 may well be a contender in my SPOTTY awards due this coming month. A mediocre manufacture masks its true capability as a shaving tool and delivers nothing short of wonderful. The Proraso removes the third sock because I am a dinosaur who took a lifetime to discover it.

So happy you can have two lots of Japanese ladies this evening. Starting with......

Again again again

20231129_164312.jpg

Take six - Tatara Nodachi
Take seven - Feather (popular these days)
Take eight - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Take nine - Floris Elite soap
Take ten - Simple moisturiser
Take eleven - Floris Elite Cologne
Take no more

'Oh my God! Hobits'

Another SPOTTY contender in that Portuguese perfectionist, the Tatara Nodachi. I can't say I have ever had a bad shave with the Nodachi, but I can say I've had more than my fair share of smooth superb results. This outing being one of them. Exceptionally suited to a Feather, but equally at home with most other blades I've fed it. Word of warning. Don't feed razor blades to anyone or anything else for that matter. Thank you.

The Floris soap wasn't one of the cheapest soap purchases this year. But it is one of those purchases where after the cash has been extracted from your bank account and you've had your 'Ouch!' moment, you can happily say, 'Now that is good' and forget what the outlay was.

Slap everything together and so much grin value involved I almost forgot to end with some more girlies from way East....

SOTD 30 November 2023

Happy St Andrew's day.

Pre-shave:
Hot shower - cold tar soap - followed by cold water splash, Proraso (Red) Shea Butter & Sandalwood Pre Shave Cream.
Soap: Proraso (Red) Shea Butter & Sandalwood.
Brush: Simpsons 2 - Best Badger.
Bowl: Captain's Choice.
Razor: Karve Overlander (SS).
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3).
Post: Cold water splash, Proraso (Red) Sandalwood and Shea Oil aftershave splash, Proraso White aftershave balm.

IMG_0116.jpg

Decided to go (predominantly) Proraso red, to combat the lovely cold, dry, winter weather and its effect on my skin. If I may say, excellent choice. The whole package today (hardware and software) left me with skin feeling very smooth, soft, comfortable, hydrated.

A 2 pass shave WTG and XTG - BBS finish, with no issues to report.

All the best,

Chris

SOTD 01-Dec
20231130_124045.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Eyespot' V18
Soap: PAA Space Nog
Razor: Blackland Tradere SB
Blade: Treet Platinum

Lovely shave this morning, the Tradere SB and Treet pairing working...well a treat. Wonderfully smooth run and finish. The Space Nog adding a bit of holiday spice to it.

With the 1st of December here at last, the advent calenders have been dished out to the little one, including a very rough wooden one that I had a bash at making. Now I can stop bombarding my workmates with this every time one of them tells me they've decorated.

Reminder-1701214575091.jpg

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom