SOTD: Saturday 25 November - Friday 1 December 2023.

SOTD: 25th November 2023.

5.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power 24H Fresh Effect Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: APShave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch & Lanolin Shaving Soap.
Razor: Merkur 34C. (Face) - Lord Silver Star. (D1)
Razor: Supply V2 (**) base plate. (Head) - Personna Injector PTFE. (D3)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Wilko Men's ASB./Brut Oceans ASL.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...

I really like the Haslinger soaps I have tried so far I consider them a "no bells and whistles shaving soap". The basic plastic packaging wrapper with two sticky labels is nothing elaborate to look at the scent of both the aloe vera & Schafmilch to my nose have a mild clean soapy scent, performance wise both of these soaps are fantastic the slickness protection, and post shave feel are amazingly good, which i consider the most important qualities in a shaving soap or cream.

The schafmilch soap texture reminds me of MWF/ Kent shaving soap that all contain lanolin of which my mature skin type loves, what I instantly liked about it was it lathered without the addition of blooming creating a wonderful luxurious slick protective lather which doesn't dissipate on my face between each pass leaving a superb post shave feel.

An enjoyable comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Brut Oceans ASL.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Soap - B&M's Muir E Woods
Razor - R 41
Pre shave - Fitjar Island Stubble Softener
Brush - G&F STF
Bowl - Stef Baxter Lathering Bowl
Blade BIC CP (3rd use)

The R41 is getting to be my go to razor for daily shaves. Have never shaved anything that's as efficient and smooth as the R41. The Muir E Woods was a sample I picked up from Maggards and the scent is absolutely fabulous! Super sweet notes on the top which give way to the woods . Loved it. This, lavender and cool have become my go to soaps from B&M :)

1000001734.jpg

SOTD November 25. 2023.

Razor - Feather Portable fitted with a SS fat handle
Blade - Souplex
Brush - Highlander Brushes - TSR LE 2023 walnut with silvertip fan knot.
Soap - Boellis - Panama 1924
Bowl - Captains Choice heavyweight copper
Post - Thayer's astringent
Frag - Panama 1924 from Boellis

A treat to use my Panama 1924 soap again, whipped into a luxurious lather with the aid of the wonderful TSR LE brush.
The Feather Portable fitted with a Souplex blade made short work of knocking down a week's stubble and left my skin smooth and supple.
I love the Panama 1924 edp from Boellis, not cheap but worth every penny!

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy.

Paul.

SOTD 25-Nov
20231124_143123-01.jpeg
Brush: MOAR Boar
Soap: PG Love Is Crazy
Razor: WR3 0.50
Blade: GEM PTFE

First use of Pinnacle Grooming, not bad at all, the scent is lovely. It sort reminds me a little of P&B BlueBird with a few other bits and pieces thrown in. I might be completely wrong of course, but that's what it seems like. The splash is nice and strong as well, hopefully the scent sticks around for a while.

Smooth and smelling good, hope everyone has a good one.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 25/11/2023

Razor: Leaf Shave Twig
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Cream
Aftershave: Saponificio Bignoli Violetta Di Parma Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Aluin
Additional Care: Koud Water

Have a nice weekend!

Today's shave:

rdt231125x9ewa.jpg

- Noble Otter Logbook
- Hone Type B G5C Synthetic
- Hone 15s with Feather blade
- Isana Free Space aftershave

:D

Saturday 25 November
Respite from the incessant rain at last, now clear blue sky, cold and frosty. Has normality returned? Well from my shaving perspective it seems that way. I do believe that I have settled in to a comfortable format for a morning shave. I can now use different everything, mix and match, as long as each part works ok. The blade has to be sharp natch, but use of a mild or aggressive razor will still deliver bbs with a little care and patience. The soap and brush elements are important obviously but as long as a good lather can be deposited in the right places on the old fizog then fine. The one caveat though is I really don’t enjoy soaps that irritate my skin. Several in this bracket have been binned.

So, today a Feather Popular, Perma Sharp blade. An ideal daily driver, light and well balanced. More towards aggressive than mild but can be swished confidently about without threatening to do any real facial damage. Of course it isn’t much to look at, plain vanilla but it does the job admirably. To be fair it would be an ideal razor for travel or if someone is pressed for time in the morning.
I re-knotted an old Vulfix brush, bristles are still a bit harsh but it delivered the EJ Aloe no problem. Not sure about the Aloe as it did leave my face tingling although only for a short while.

One main pass wtg, then re lather and pick up, some atg polishing for bbs finish.
On with Rex 1955 Balm and ready for the day

Have a fantastic weekend fellas!

IMG_0388.jpeg

25/11/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Rex Ambassador
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk 48 (1).jpg
Its been a while since i used the REX. It really is a well made bit of kit. Very nice.
Enjoy your day all.

Razor = Schick Disposable
Brush = None
Cream = Whatever It Is
Splash = None
Balm = None. .

Well What a dreadful shave but hey the biggest question is why did i post it lol.

I got this little shaving kit in a hotel in Singapore.
A Schick i said to myself well it must be ok ish surely.
I don’t know what to expect with cartridge these days but i thought they were better.
The cream was made in China for a company in Australia,
I’m in Paris heading to Angola so it’s a multi cultural shave.
The cream smelled exactly like toothpaste and my face is stinging a bit so it probably is toothpaste.
Anything for a laugh
even although it’s not funny.
Enjoy your weekend boys n girls
IMG_0079.jpegIMG_0080.jpeg

IMG_3816.jpeg
SOTD: 25/11/2023

Razor: PAA Starling
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated Single Edge Blades , 1st use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Mirto Di Sardegna Puck
Balm: Tea Tree Balm Sample Balm
Fragrance: Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Eau de Toilette EdT

My first shave with the newly acquired Starling was a real surprise. It is a very light razor obviously but didn’t feel too fly weight, the handle is nice and grippy and the shave, well it medium aggressive just buy very, very smooth. It’s very good and almost a 2 pass shave but there’s no irritation at all. The shaving angle feels natural and intuitive, all in all a very happy return to GEM shaving! You need to be careful on its corners as I nearly gave myself a nick or two but I’ll get used to it, it’s more user error on the first shave than anything else. It was a bit of a bargain!
I got a good deal on the Spicebomb an though the opening is a little strong once settled the se t is warm and amazing!

Back
Top Bottom