SOTD: Saturday 25 November - Friday 1 December 2023.

Friday 1 December
Not seen any Blackbirds outside this morning, quite a few brass monkeys searching around the place though. However, my blackbird was ready willing and able to come alive this morning. After applying some creamy Proraso (not sure about the scent of this one but it lathers up well) 2 passes and pick ups gave a very acceptable finish, but falling just short of bbs. The Personna Super was on its 5th outing so is now going off message, to use plonker political speak :ROFLMAO:
Have an enjoyable, :rolleyes: soon be here fellas!

IMG_0394.jpeg

SOTD: 01/12/2023

Razor: Above The Tie SE1
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild 20, 10th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Collection Cream
Balm: Nishman 2in1 Cream And Cologne Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Wish you all a grand day!

01/12/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor - Rex Ambassador
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - OSP Sandalwood
Wk 48 (7).jpg
Another great shave from the Rex today. I just kept it on 2.25 for 2 passes with some touch up for an easy comfortable BBS finish.
Enjoy your day all.

These incense sticks are very effective against flies and mosquitoes.

iu
Thanks mate i’ll try check them out

Razor = Occhams Oren •••
Blade Schick Proline ( 1 )
Brush = Turn n Shave 26 mm Custom Boar
Soap = Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick
Splash = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Loccitane Cade
IMG_0135.pngIMG_0135.png
This shave was actually two days ago but the wifi here in Angola is extremely poor,
Some days i get on some i don’t.
why most of these shave sticks have been discontinued is beyond me,
The lather & performance are excellent.
i guess we all moved to canned goo or Artisan style and stopped buying these wonderful sticks.
I think i now have a life times supply or maybe i hope i don’t lol.
Stay Safe boys n girls

Edit

the shave was So good i took it twice :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Friday 1st

ADCreHecgpNr8n80iTPhBoqIS9SW3N6Om6fuK-vSE10qfr4JPxs3PBR-GrTm3Ug7LDOjEz8j-yxvu_Q0jGKbeG4m8WnGzD_2VpwNFMfUz1caq5klO-ufYHIFK1tCrFPCRuVaYxHZ3nF5rUOwRCUaXpJE1E8W3g=w800

Dr Selby Lavender Shaving Bowl & VieLong Amphora w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
Muhle R89 w/Muhle Rocca (Polished) Handle & BIC Chrome Platinum (1)
Brut Original Aftershave

After really enjoying this R89 on a shorter handle for a couple of days, the Souplex bakelite which had the effect of helping me lighten my touch, I thought I'd try it on my Rocca ... but actually ended up putting the Rocca handle onto the R89. Unsurprisingly, it's a good fit and gave a sound weight and balance to the head. I'll try the Rocca with the Souplex bakelite handle over the weekend.

Also, following what was actually a highly enjoyable shave with a rogue half of a BIC Chrome Platinum in my Leaf Twig, I vowed to try the full blade in a double-edge soon ... and tonight was the night ... and I'll be continuing with it over the weekend.

Yeah! It's a sharp blade, like Shark Platinum kinda sharp rather than Personna Platinum Chrome ... all probably about the same sharpness, but like the Lord Platinum you do need to give it some respect. Light touch and it scythed away practically everything in the first pass and I really didn't need a second but did anyway ... and probably gave it a bit too much pressure. No blood, just a bit raw? I applied the alum block to see and that confirmed I should have stopped when I thought, or made that second pass with a very light touch. Don't get me wrong here, not at all what I'd call a rough shave ... just one where you do need to pay attention to pressure.

Enjoyed? Sorta ...

I guess I'll form more thoughts about this somewhat strongly hated blade which I hated the first time I used it maybe a decade ago, but not so much this time. It feels like it could have come from the Lord house, but thinking it through, I think it's more like those Tatra/Tiger Platinum blades came onto the market a few years ago.

Have a great weekend folks!

Back
Top Bottom