SOTD : Saturday 25 June - Friday 1 July. 2022.

The midday Sunday shave thematically called, 'Sharks and other nasty marine life (including myself)'

20220626_113708.jpg

Hammer head shark - Stainless Mongoose
Great white shark - Feather Super Professional
Frilled shark - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Silky shark - Abbate Y la Mantia Matteo
Mako shark - L'Occitane Cade
Tiger shark - Banana republic Neroli Woods

Dangerously annoying and incompetent ship's Captain - Me

'Glad to see the back of you, you useless old bastard'

A great shave with the most bodacious Mongoose. And yes, it is that good

I will wish you all a most fantastic week ahead and very happy here, Thursday is Rammstein down in Cardiff. Looking forward to this one. Still I couldn't end on yet another track from the German industrialists as I have a duty to maintain my loyalty to the Lady musicians from japan. And just to prove a point as to the word 'musicians'.......................

Oh, and I forgot to say.....'I love you all'

SotD

Zingari Man Socialite - Shaving Soap.
Morris & Forndran SE - Shaving Brush.
Vintage Zwilling Henso - Safety Razor.
Zingari Man Socialite - After Shave.

-
43888744jf.jpg

43888746um.jpg

43888750zq.jpg

Sunday 26th June

Soap • SV Cosmo
Brush • Yaqi Rocks
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post • Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla

It's a funny old game this - soaps and creams coming out of my ears, and still I couldn't decide what to use.
I opened the 'bottom drawer' and picked the closest soap - SV Cosmo. When I first used this soap i was underwhelmed by It's weak scent, but it's grown on me, as it really is a good performer.
Timeless 0.68 & Silver Blue for me is a winning combination - smooth and efficient.
My first use of this Yaqi Rocks Brush, acquired from the BST, thanks to @Boycie83
It's a very handsome (and large) brush, that was a pleasure to use. Soft tips, decent backbone & splay, and it made short work of making enough lather for two shaves.
Finished with Classic Vanilla splash.

UgKt4Z5.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Omega Pro 48 Boar
Cream: Omega
Razor: Fatboy (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (7)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Proraso Aftershave Lotion

Simple but oh so satisfying.

Mon 27 SOTD
Soap/Cream Suezbana Lemon & Tea Tree
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM PTFE 11th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Reuzel Wood & Spice + Frost Drops
It used to be soft cream but is now harder than most of my soaps so I'm calling it a soap. Fabulous lather from the soap...thickly creamy and very slick...the scent was very nice too...refreshing!
Today's shave with this razor paired with the blade was good and uneventful. 3 smooth passes for a dfs finish without any issues. The aftershaves were good for a hot day ahead...
20220627_123638.jpg

SOTD 27-June
20220626_171801.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Amphora' V13
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: CB Karve (B)
Blade: GSB (1)

Needed something on the mild side for today, yesterday's escapades hadn't left visible irritation but the skin was a bit sensitive. So out comes the little used Karve B plate, here I was thinking it was consigned to gathering dust.

Tried to go for the standard two pass but I'm going to say I probably haven't got the familiarity with this plate to make that viable. It wasn't too bad though, very obviously mild compared to my norm so the break was welcome. Outcome was an acceptable finish, but could have done with another pass to pick up a couple of areas on my neck. Normal service hopefully resumed tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Monday Morning:

Gym session - good start to the day.

Made better with a decent shave thanks to Valentia - no, not some posh classy chick, but one of Brian's soaps! :) [When I was talking to my brother and I said I shaved with Valentia, he said "who the f*ck is Valentia?" him thinking I was playing away and having some weird shaving relations!!!! :D:ROFLMAO:]

Attachments

• IMG_20220627_090337__01.jpg
    IMG_20220627_090337__01.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 6
27 June

Stirling Campania
Yaqi Dandelion
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Stirling Campania balm

A45D0664-0ABD-47D9-8347-C5C7AD3D8DAC.jpeg
The Feather razor is one of my oldest DE razors, but time has not tarnished it. A wonderful two passes and I am really smooth. The Feather razor is certainly mild but it is also quite efficient. I just love this razor, it surprises me every time I use it.

Back
Top Bottom