SOTD : Saturday 25 June - Friday 1 July. 2022.

F24BAF97-530D-45DF-A2ED-5497513E35A8.jpeg
SOTD: 26/06/2022

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword, 2nd use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Special Edition Puck
Aftershave: Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A superb Sunday shave the Saponificio base is amazing and reminds me of the old Italian soaps my Nonna used to have. The Masamune gave an even better shave on day 2 with the Gillette Wilkinson blade. Just a delightful Sunday shave.
Have a great day guys.

SOTD 52.jpg

Soap – A&E The Undersea
Brush – Zenith BP / Boti Pro 3 band synthetic
Razor – R41 / EJ 3D handle
Blade – GSB (3)
A/S – A&E The Undersea
Balm – Lea 3in1

My first use of the re-knotted Zenith and it was very nice indeed. The original knot was super stiff and had a nasty glue bump so it had to go.
Softer tips and a much better splay with the Boti knot and more than enough backbone. It felt lovely on the face and whipped up a great lather easily and a massive improvement on the original. ( YMMV )

Damn that was a close one !

Enjoy your Sunday folks and enjoy your shaves.

SOTD 26-June
20220613_134133.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 SiLVERTiP
Soap: MSC Night On The Town
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: Feather HS (2)

Well that was rough as a bears arse, strange as I've got on with the feathers in this before, especially on the second run. Perhaps I'd caught this one or it was dodgy, ah well.

Time for a lazy day today after the chaos of yesterday and the naff weather, see if I can convince the little one to enjoy a movie. Never know I might get her to sit still for 20 minutes!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Razor = Karve CB Aluminium ( D )
Blade = Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum ( 3 )
Brush = C&H 26mm V15 Fanchurian
Soap = Castle Forbes Lime
Splash = Old Spice Champion
Balm = Castle Forbes Lime
46B63266-8061-4004-B383-3F71AD447AB9.jpegDay Off today & i like nothing better than having a chilled out shave.
I’m at my happiest shaving, im at my most relaxed shaving & im totally chilled out.
I actually didn’t need this shave today but like others stated about i just couldn’t help myself.
For me The Cream is one of the best out there, the brush is up there with the best & the razor again is fantastic.
I would say it’s my favourite razor but shave wise it’s certainly up there.
Was going to go for a Beer today but changed my mind so now it’s movie time.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Stay Safe Boys & Girls

26 June

Signature Soaps Eboracum
Yaqi Dandelion
Blackland Vector
Schick Proline P30
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

F430D4C3-C5BA-4F6F-9CD9-1EDAACF83ABF.jpeg
Well that was a superb Sunday shave. I had a wonderful peppermint lather from the Signature Soaps Eboracum and Yaqi Daffodil, and two smooth and very comfortable passes with the Vector. What a terrific way to start the day.

Sotd-26-06-22.png

Karve Overlander alu (on loan)
Treet DuraSharp carbon (5 and out)
Frank Shaving two-band
Arlington
warm water, witch hazel.
Ginger Spice.

Great, last use of the Overlander - I have been very impressed with it. A definite candidate should I change my everyday razor for a more modern design. Next up the ATT Windsor pro alu. Have a good week all - cheers - I.

Slow Sunday

Up late, very late, so, a very late shave.

I'm still not that sure that I really enjoy using the feather like with a Pro guard blade. I'm seeing off more like I 'should' be trying it. I'm getting better, but still need to finish off with a DE razor.

That said, I did take my time and only needed an ATG pass to tidy up.

Another fresh scent with the Barber Blue.

Chill out everyone, I know I am!

Attachments

• IMG_20220626_154407__01.jpg
    IMG_20220626_154407__01.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 10
Sunday AM 2022-06-26
National Barcode Day (date in 1974 when the first UPC-marked item, a 10-pack of Wrigley's Juicy Fruit gum, was scanned, Troy, OH)
nYxYekb.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Ivory Finest (22/56)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow) + Coate's Sandalwood shaving cream
Wilkinson Bonded System (3)
Dopo Barba di Camaldoli
UTDLHLu.jpg

Saturday 25th June

AM-JKLXAaVSqV_2ilvaSMJLX842T7PUcYSPhBlAGPnLV3owaLNdsVW6f8dX6yMBaXKul2fdfbcdJiIDaXNmrm_uY9ixaoXBLt72m3yl7uSRw9zkt0LkEqzeQjHMCwSH0JrAThzFQuZn59CARBRKk0SCTKLQ50A=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Moon Soaps Sorrento Shaving Cream
Razorock 400 Limited Edition w/Plissoft Noir Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Stainless Handle & Super Shave X
Denim (Vintage) Aftershave

Fun to re-try the Super Shave X Platinum. It is a good blade, but not as immediately good as I remember ... it is better (to my face) than practically all Gillette Platinums, but not quite up there with (current) SuperMax. Still good ... and enjoyed.

Back
Top Bottom