SOTD : Saturday 24th April to Friday 30th April 2021.

Saturday 24th April

ACtC-3dHI1hbrOAPdilkrtlN7WJ6l3Kjw32PfSYOrUa3oPvgQTFCgiEOjHJ8I9tIbpdqY9Vupx2wyHZlTpN5WMjlMvG1WooO5IkNwu5FFYSUkCX4GntsoLrNJqaP3Ek7_0l8PeVft5kdnRrhRbhQgR6-wIk-FQ=w800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Meissner Tremonia 'Natural Brown' Bay & Rum Shaving Soap
DSC w/Blonde Boar 24mm
Yaqi Katana w/Windrose Darwin Handle
Lancet Double Edge Stainless (Green) (1)
Pinaud Clubman VIBR

After a good session in the garden and reaking of decking oil and Creocote (modern, fake Kreosote), somehow Bay Rum felt right ...

First go with my new DS Cosmetics boar. It's good! I say that, but it shed and absolute ... well, shedload of hair when I first got it but you'd not notice looking at it. It does like a longer soak than my Semogue and Omega boars and with a good warm soak gets that almost elastic springiness. It's a scrubber! Semogue SOC are soft. Omega Professional are soft, but have those "less than premium" hairs interspersed which gives it a bit of a scritch; this one is a good scrubber! I like that! Not every day, but it'll have its place.

Super lather built up on the Meissner Tremonia soap. What a shame this formula never saw the actual market - it's literally brilliant! The scent did, a least and it's also a very good Bay & Rum.

But ...

Alas, the blade was not right good. It's the Lancet Double Edge Stainless which I had high hopes for, personally enjoying a good, pedestrian stainless blade. I don't think Lancet have anything to do with either Malhotra or SuperMax - one on their own. Anyway, it started well but it soon became apparent that it was neither particularly sharp nor smooth and so with a maintenance shave done, I can't say I'm very interested in having a second shave with it. It's better than the Willy's Stainless, actually better (to my mind) than the Chinese made Gillette Wilkinson Sword but not quite as good as the Gillette Winner Stainless, which on paper I didn't particularly like. I give it a "Nah!" rating at 5/10.

No problem, though ...

Damn good splash of Pinaud VIBR and all is well with the world. Face, neck, back, chest and hair, all nicely refreshed with a good dousing of VIBR!

Saturday AM 2021-04-24
Greeks entered Troy using Trojan Horse on this date, 1184 BC
0vtYQR9.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Ivory Finest (26/60)
Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap (tallow)
Wilkinson Bonded System (1)
Calvin Klein Eternity aftershave

The Bonded razor was easy to use, although it requires a different angle of attack. Because of its extremely light weight, which makes it feel like a disposable, I found myself exerting more pressure than usual, which resulted in one slight nick. It was very smooth, but with no auditory feedback at all. After 3 passes, the end result was a BBS shave pretty much the equal of what I get with my double edge razors. The aftershave is quite soothing and has a nice juniper berry note that complemented the soap's bright fern scent quite well.
U2FTijC.jpg

Saturday

Phoenix and Beau Star Noir
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
Fa Tip Lo Storto Original OC
Gillette London Bridge (2)
Thayer’s Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Phoenix and Beau Star Noir splash

Took delivery of the new Fa Tip this morning. This is a very efficient fellow indeed. I rushed a bit and got a wee bit rash on the neck. It’s certainly more assertive than my other slant, the Merkur 37C.

Admittedly, the Fa Tip range gets a bit crit for the finish of their razors, but they perform well (I sold my Piccolo some time ago; to fund others and I sometimes miss it).

0A189258-5457-4933-8E8D-991EC03CA987.jpeg

Last edited:
[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine..
:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Henckels Friodur Solingen Full Hollow 7/8th
Mason Pearson Pure Badger
Vitos Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

A Wicked Shave this Morning with My Friodur 7/8th.Whacked Down a Heavy Growth Like the Wind..These Henckels Razors Never Disappoint..I Have a Fair Collection of Em Now..Superb Solingen Shavers..She Sports a Surgical Black Arkansas 20 K + Edge..Uber Sharp & Smooth..They Darn Sure Rock My Boat..Wunderbar..
:D

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..
:git:

Billy..
:chores016:

Saturday 24th April

• TDS Semyonich
• Simpson Trafalgar T3
• Timeless Aluminium
• GWS (2)
• Puig Quorum Aftershave

My first shave with the recently acquired Timeless Aluminium razor, courtesy of the BST and @wayne_m
First impressions are good - nice fat handle, and it clamps the blade perfectly.
I was a bit rushed this morning, so I only did one pass. It shaved as close as it's Stainless and Bronze counterparts with equal smoothness.

This TDS soap came to me from The Emporium of @Boycie83
Chris was kind of right when he described the soaps scent - "like the bloke on the labels jacket" - but, in a funny way, I quite liked it once lathered.
First class lather and performance - once hydrated enough, (it's quite thirsty this one)

The only aftrrshave I could think to use was Quorum, which kind of matched quite well.
For an hour or two after my shave, I was still able to detect a faint whiff of the soap - such is it's strength

IMG_20210424_205104_428.jpg
Sotn
Blackland Blackbird SS
Gillette wilkinson sword sallon pack
Zenith Manchurian badger
Wholly kaw vor v
Clinique for men souther

Greetings shavers,
I hope you are well and enjoy the release of covid-19 measurement and outdoor hospitality.
IMHO wholly kaw siero base is one of top 3 artisans by USA out there.
Have a great night

Can I ask how do you find the Baxter of California shave cream ?
J. - for what it is and claims to be, it is pretty good at it. I was minded to bring it out because of another thread asking for suggested brushless creams for travel and I'd nominated this one. I did use a brush but that was more for massaging it into my beard before shaving - it doesn't lather in any normal sense. The scent is fresh, minty with a wee bit of menthol - not much. The manufacturer claims that it is 'chock full of menthol and tea tree,' - it isn't. Whoever wrote that has never used Denali or Mint Ice Menthol. The slickness is very good and the post feel - for me, is excellent. My skin really likes it. I think it was a gift from my partner - to be honest, it is not the sort of thing I would ever have bought for myself - I'm deeply suspicious of 'big name' male grooming brands - there is always the whiff of hipster about them - overpriced products that come with free lifestyle aspirations but this does work for me - I enjoyed using it today. This is what is in it -

PROPYLENE GLYCOL, AQUA / WATER, SODIUM STEARATE, PROPANEDIOL, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, SORBITAN STEARATE, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, ALLANTOIN, GLYCERIN, METHYLPROPANEDIOL, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL, CITRAL, COUMARIN, EUGENOL, HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA LEAF EXTRACT / WITCH HAZEL LEAF EXTRACT, ACHILLEA MILLEFOLIUM EXTRACT, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, FARNESOL, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, PRUNUS DOMESTICA EXTRACT / PRUNUS DOMESTICA FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, CITRIC ACID, EUTERPE OLERACEA FRUIT EXTRACT, LYCIUM BARBARUM FRUIT EXTRACT, PUNICA GRANATUM EXTRACT, HIPPOPHAE RHAMNOIDES FRUIT EXTRACT

There's plenty to like in that list - it is what it is - cheers - I.

J. - for what it is and claims to be, it is pretty good at it. I was minded to bring it out because of another thread asking for suggested brushless creams for travel and I'd nominated this one. I did use a brush but that was more for massaging it into my beard before shaving - it doesn't lather in any normal sense. The scent is fresh, minty with a wee bit of menthol - not much. The manufacturer claims that it is 'chock full of menthol and tea tree,' - it isn't. Whoever wrote that has never used Denali or Mint Ice Menthol. The slickness is very good and the post feel - for me, is excellent. My skin really likes it. I think it was a gift from my partner - to be honest, it is not the sort of thing I would ever have bought for myself - I'm deeply suspicious of 'big name' male grooming brands - there is always the whiff of hipster about them - overpriced products that come with free lifestyle aspirations but this does work for me - I enjoyed using it today. This is what is in it -

PROPYLENE GLYCOL, AQUA / WATER, SODIUM STEARATE, PROPANEDIOL, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, SORBITAN STEARATE, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, ALLANTOIN, GLYCERIN, METHYLPROPANEDIOL, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL, CITRAL, COUMARIN, EUGENOL, HAMAMELIS VIRGINIANA LEAF EXTRACT / WITCH HAZEL LEAF EXTRACT, ACHILLEA MILLEFOLIUM EXTRACT, CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT, FARNESOL, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, PRUNUS DOMESTICA EXTRACT / PRUNUS DOMESTICA FRUIT EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, CITRIC ACID, EUTERPE OLERACEA FRUIT EXTRACT, LYCIUM BARBARUM FRUIT EXTRACT, PUNICA GRANATUM EXTRACT, HIPPOPHAE RHAMNOIDES FRUIT EXTRACT

Hi Ian thanks for that I found that very helpful it’s one I’ve looked at for a long time just to use in a pinch sort of thing but have not seen many favourable reviews because of it not lathering but if you’re buying it knowing it doesn’t lather and it still does as it is supposed to then that sounds good to me, I like the idea of still being able to use a brush even though it doesn’t lather without the product disappearing as some products would..like you say massaging it in to the face is great and still helps with preparation if you chose to and also the slickness is a bonus. Not a big fan of menthol so something very mild also sounds good to me. Really appreciate that as I haven’t been able to find anything really that gives a decent evaluation. Will go with it and pick some up at some point just to have in for those times when the usual isn’t possible. Thank you

I brought some of this company's aftershave balm and upon delivery I noticed it contained menthol......shit, I thought, I hate menthol but to my relief it's such a small amount I could hardly detect it, good news for me!
As it turns out it's a very good aftershave balm and does everything it says on the tube and I picked it up at a very good price so I'm happy with it.
I may try the shave cream should I find it at a similar knock down price after hearing what you've had to say about it.

Thanks,

Paul.

Sun 25 SOTD
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + PAA Cavendish
My undisputed number 1 shave soap! Super aromatic sweet pipe scent...good strength too. The lather was very creamy and slick too...awesome!
The shave with razor paired with the blade was very good. Previous initial use with this blade was not so good but this time it was crisply sharp, very smooth, and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly bbs finish. Superb aftershaves especially with the matching Cavendish.
20210424_202158.jpg20210425_105201.jpg

Back
Top Bottom