SOTD : Saturday 24th April to Friday 30th April 2021.

24 April

PAA Harvest Moon
Razorock 400 Noir
Rockwell 6S (R4)
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Bart’s Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine

517A05FE-7D56-41E7-9547-2133581DF45C.jpeg

This morning’s shave featured a new blade to me, the Rapira Swedish Supersteel. First impressions were distinctly underwhelming. I don’t think this blade adds anything to my current selection of blades, it did seem a little dull. I’ll try another razor tomorrow.

24 April

PAA Harvest Moon
Razorock 400 Noir
Rockwell 6S (R4)
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Bart’s Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine

View attachment 68706

This morning’s shave featured a new blade to me, the Rapira Swedish Supersteel. First impressions were distinctly underwhelming. I don’t think this blade adds anything to my current selection of blades, it did seem a little dull. I’ll try another razor tomorrow.
I agree, not my top choice of blade either.

Sat 24 SOTD
Soap Mystic Water Coconut Sandalwood New 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Gillette Super Adjustable U-1 1974 @setting 9
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum 1st + a shim
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + TGS Abysso
Good soap this. Obvious coconut scent but no sandalwood. The lather was thickly creamy and slick....very nice!
Shave with razor paired with the blade+shim was very smooth and comfortable at setting 9 for 3passes without any issues and a mostly bbs finish. Excellent aftershaves capped off an enjoyable weekend session.
20210424_113601.jpg

Sotd-24-04-21.jpg

This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso - M plate
blade - Feather - (1)
brush - Simpson P8 Phyl - best
soap - Baxter of California - Super Close Shave Formula
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol - Formula K
balm - Proraso Green pre/post
scent - Acqua di Parma - Mirto di Panarea edp.

Great - in the beginning there was a word - and that word was minty. Close, smooth and relaxing - pretty much all you could ask for. First outing of the year for the Mirto de Panarea, a scent that really doesn't work unless applied to warm skin. Enjoy the weekend and your shaves - yours - I.

Last edited:
View attachment 68723

This afternoon -

razor - ATT Calypso - M plate
blade - Feather - (1)
brush - Simpson P8 Phyl - best
soap - Baxter of California - Super Close Shave Formula
post - witch hazel
a/s - Mysol - Formula K
balm - Proraso Green pre/post
scent - Acqua de Parma - Mirto de Panarea edp.

Great - in the beginning there was a word - and that word was minty. Close, smooth and relaxing - pretty much all you could ask for. First outing of the year for the Mirto de Panarea, a scent that really doesn't work unless applied to warm skin.Enjoy the weekend and your shaves - yours - I.
Can I ask how do you find the Baxter of California shave cream ?

AF9C471F-85AA-4C99-95F7-F1339A0D27B3.jpeg
Pre: hot shower, bluebeards revenge preshave oil
Soap: boellis Panama 1924
Brush: yaqi 24mm 2band badger
Razor: Hawk v2 hulk green
Blade: feather professional ac

beautiful 3 pass shave with hawk v2. It is a brilliant razor and amazing performing soap, thank you @Satanfriendly !

3 passes left me at DFS+ level with one little weeper - seems like I’m slowly getting used to the hawk. Although as much as I love it’s colour - I think soon I’ll put it up for partial trade against hawk v3.

have a good evening gentlemen!

Back
Top Bottom