SOTD : Saturday 24th April to Friday 30th April 2021.

Tuesday 27th April
Yaqi Heavy Metal - OSP Urban Viking - Raptor 3D SE - GEM Stainless Coated #2 - Quorum A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
hxyw0yL.jpg
The Raptor works out as a very efficient lather catcher. Very impressed with the result today. Lovely shave.

IMG_20210426_114329-ss.jpeg

It’s not my favourite razor, as I don’t like the feel of the angled blade on my face, especially when I ride the cap to clean up around my mouth, but it was next up in my wander through my collection.

I had a not bad shave with the 37C. The third use Voskhod and the excellent MWF helped ameliorate the blade feel, although I had an ingrown hair on the jaw and neck to content with. Still, I'd give it an 8.25 / 10.

But I have a special razor lined up for the next shave and a new brush, one Jimi would have enjoyed.

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Voskhod (3)
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Brush: Stirling Butterscotch BB
Pre-shave: Proraso White
Post-shave: Aqua Velva Musk
Bowl: Face Lather

SOTD 27-Apr
20210427_173608.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Razorock Monster
Razor: Razorock Hawk SS V3 'A'
Blade: Kai 'Pink'
Soap: Mitchells Wool Fat

My old favourite, MWF, still a good performer even if it doesn't make it into my rotation as often as the 'fancier' efforts.

Well I gave up on the Proguard blades, just could not get on with them. So next up are the Kai Pinks, have to say a lot better but again I think I might dial it up a bit after I've given these a chance.

First outing with the Baxter Balm, the number of times I've seen these mentioned I think we as a forum are taking all of Amazon's stock. Not bad at all though, calmed down a tiny bit of irritation after I got a bit heavy handed on my neck.

Have good one all!

Cheers

Marc

Tue 27th April

Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Supply V1/ V2- 3dot
Personna S/S ( 3 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

The last 3 Shaves with The Supply has proved to me that The Personna Blade works well in it. With other blades I find it’s performance a bit lacklustre, with The Personna very good.

1661F19C-CE53-4241-845C-20D3BD331710.jpeg

Last edited:
nbkCokB.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2020 Matilda Rhodium 2-band Silvertip Badger;
Soap: Phoenix and Beau Citra Royale
Razor: Wolfman WR2
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's Arctic Lime Aftershave

A refreshing, close and comfortable shave with this lineup.

Tuesday 27th April

• TDS Menthol
•3D Printed Bowl
• Zenith Synthetic
• Timeless Aluminium
• GSB (1)
• Floid Mentolado Vigoroso

Second sample donated by @Boycie83 - TDS Menthol.
Same excellent performance as Semyonich and Lavender & Resin.
I wouldn't ordinarily use a menthol soap unless the weather was a fair bit warmer than today, but I was inquisitive.
Post shave feel is good too.

Have some Roger Waters on me . . .

SoTd
Wonderful shave this evening..every time I get my Thiers Issard Evide Sonnant 6/8 out I fall in love with it all over again..it’s an excellent little shaver and nicely accompanied by some of the more basic products, it’s nice to go back to these sometimes just makes you realise what a lovely finish can be achieved without the need for expensive products. Feeling super smooth and refreshed !
F5971069-992C-47AB-8403-A06E6ABB8681.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom