SOTD: Saturday 24 June - Friday 30 June 2023.

Fri 30th June

Stirling Syn 26mm
Ach Brito Mogno
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Schick Proline ( 1 )

Sticking with The Hawk as it is working well for me, though I have a change of blade today. A very pleasant Shave and no post Shave problems which confirms my.suspicion that after shaves have caused reddening of my skin post shave.

8FC708FD-4C84-4F1B-9B84-565259B1BD85.jpeg

Yqibm2r.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Zenith 3-band Machurian Badger
Soap: Abbate y La Mantia Buttero
Razor: Wolfman WR-1
Blade: Vintage NOS German-packaged Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (13)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Vitos Tobacco Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Abbate y La Mantia Buttero Cologne

I did my first pass with yesterday's Kai DE blade but it's still rough. Binned it and went for an old Chinese knock off, the Gilere [sic].
An acceptable shave but nothing more. Binned that blade too (it wasn't as rough as the Kai but wasn't as sharp either).

Cella is probably one, maybe two, shaves from being finished. It's quite satisfying getting through stuff rather than buying them for a change!

Rating: 3 / 5

Razor: Pearl Flexi V5
Blade: Gilere Super Platinum
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Imperial Leather Shave stick, brown and gold
Aftershave: Cella Lozione Dopobarba https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/649f40f37561cd6e4045e7ba

IMG_2063.jpeg
SOTD: 30/06/2023

Razor: Wolfman WR4
Blade: Feather Pro, 4th use
Brush: Highlander Copper Colonel Plissoft Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Vetimore Shaving Butter Puck
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Tobacco Touch EdP

My last shave with the WR4 was predictably a delight. Smooth, close and efficient. My skin hasn’t reacted despite the closeness of the shave. I genuinely can’t find a fault with this razor head and would dearly like one, but at £300+ this might have to wait a few years to save or for my 50th in a few years time, or sweet talk @Scorpio93 somehow! It’s on to the next in the passaround via ATG now and will be missed but not forgotten! Many thanks for the opportunity to try this great piece of kit!

SOTN (Head & Face)

Face - Rockwell 6S (plate 6), B&M Bay Rum, Lord Platinum blade
Head - Leaf razor, Mitchell's Wool Fat, Treet Platinum saloon blades
Outlaw brush (G5D knot)
Permafrost synthetic coolant
La Roche Posay B5 Balm

Decided to try something different after having seen an interesting post elsewhere, so went with the always reliable 6S, Lord Platinum and Omnibus base to give me a solid place to start from and help minimise variables etc. Essentially it was still a 3 pass shave but instead of wtg, xtg and atg it was xtg, atg and atg.

Atmitedly with 3 days growth like tonight instead of 2, I tend to get better/smoother shaves anyway. This shave was fantastic though and one of my best ones for a while, not much feedback from the alum either - definitely warrants trying this again.

Attachments

• 1000005148.jpg
    1000005148.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom