SOTD : Saturday 23th January to Friday 29nd January 2021.

Sunday 24th January

ACtC-3cTqEgfSehhUc681hsIX9eHxD45acuFr1QQ5vd3yADsH_T8cdKo6rhZXZy2_FjxX1cUC78NPPujwPZbQT2ibvJ3E3fHU4cTm0ZZlPShFmxtP-m3RfpIpwOdlm0u8AMSaveCQ3mtI9rvXVsati1kl5Vwjg=s800

Wash with French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Lather up with Derby Shaving Stick (Grated) & Semogue SOC Taj (Boar) AKA Klaus
Single pass shave with RazoRock German Slant & SuperMax Super Platinum (3)
Hot rinse, Cold rinse, Alum wash & Pinaud Clubman Vanilla Aftershave Cologne​

Good blade test, that ... very similar soaps, same brush and then a modern Muhle Rocca, vintage Tech and RazoRock slant. Three different shaves, all achieving the same thing, which was a smooth, comfortable and efficient single pass shave. Enjoyed!

I think I could have pushed that blade to four shaves on my face, but there's lots more time (and blades) to do that ... as I bought 50.

That's the SuperMax Super Platinum, which gets spoken about in the same sort of terms as the SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium. The latter is a blade I fell for quite early on when I came to traditional shaving, one which I really clicked with as a "go to" for use with all the weird and wacky shaving contraptions I was buying at the time. I've not used one for years ... and so, next shave, for the purposes of comparison I will be using the SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium.

SOTD

my first ever straight razor shave this morning after my recent purchase from @Blademonkey arrived yesterday thank you. Wow not going to say it was easy but I certainly enjoyed it I have a very short beard but no tash, I shaved cheeks and neck with and against the grain and gave the top lip a go too I did have to do some pick ups with the asd2 after mainly on the top lip and a few on the neck but it was a very comfortable and close shave really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one. I will keep on with this method until I get a lot better and will then say goodbye to the short beard while I learn to become proficient in a full face shave

View attachment 63770
Well done Jay , good work.

Good afternoon everyone. I hope you're all well.

Soap - Extro Cos Egyptian Oud
Razor - Progress 3 then 2 and 2
Brush - Maseto Badger
Blade - Sputnik #2
Post - TOBS Sandalwood AS gel

I had a slight reaction after yesterday's shave, not sure what it was so (that's) going to have to be a process of elimination in the future.
Took it easy tonight so instead of starting low and then dialling up for 2nd and 3rd passes I went the other way.

A very smooth shave though this evening, boss lady is impressed with the resulting smoothness so I guess something worked.

Stay safe fellas. Enjoy your evenings.

482DF3AA-9A05-46F1-9792-12AFF485C6A3.jpeg

Micromatic Mon 25th WAFH SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM Stainless 9th use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Excellent lather from the soap! A nice cooling orangy scent, creamy and slick too...love this soap!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very good! Unimaginably smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a bbs/dfs/ccs result! Excellent post & aftershaves too.
Wow indeed for this blade... today's lead is the razor/blade pairing...so enjoyable. Rating 9.8/10
20210125_095047.jpg

Prep: Shower, followed by Proraso Green pre-shave
Soap: Mastro Miche Artiglio
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Razor: Lord L6
Blade: Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile (1)

"A gruffalo! Why, didn't you know? He has terrible tusks, and terrible claws, And terrible teeth in his terrible jaws."

So was this a Gruffalo shave? Terrible claws? I'm rather enjoying the Artiglio - especially for the price. Nice floral scent, and a decent lather. Paired well with the Duru cologne. Terrible teeth? My first time using a Bolzano blade, and I broke my own rule of running any newbie through the SF289. Close finish, but quite a lot of irritation on the neck. I'll put that down to driver error, and give it another go tomorrow.
141733275_413326473251530_8821213869521734085_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom