SOTD : Saturday 23th January to Friday 29nd January 2021.

24/01/21
Vintage Month - Razor #24
Pre: Facial scrub with Whickams pre shave soap
Brush: Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo Knot
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: 6/8 H.PAASHAUS "82" Garantie SOLINGEN
Edge By: @Tony'schin
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Signature soaps Valentia (test rub) - Proraso Red

P1230003.JPG

I cannot find any real info on this razor, there is a couple of references, although non for H. Paashaus.
" C. Paashaus GmbH
. Solingen in 1932. Brand name: 'Pass'.
Max Paashaus. Solingen in 1922. Brand names: 'Doppelschmied', 'Polo'. "
It was in a sorry state when i got it and it has cleaned up pretty well, there was a nasty chip out of the toe so i rounded it off.
It has taken a pretty good edge and shaves well.
An easy face lather and a single WTG / ATG mixed pass this morning with a little bit touch up on the "Whirlpools" for a DFS result.
1st test splash of @BrianH Signature soap splashes with the Valentia, it smells quite nice and feels real nice on the skin.
So that ends my Vintage straights for the month.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
24/01/21
Vintage Month - Razor #24
Pre: Facial scrub with Whickams pre shave soap
Brush: Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo Knot
Soap: Proraso Red
Razor: 6/8 H.PAASHAUS "82" Garantie SOLINGEN
Edge By: @Tony'schin
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Red
Aftershave: Signature soaps Valentia (test rub) - Proraso Red

View attachment 63745

I cannot find any real info on this razor, there is a couple of references, although non for H. Paashaus.
" C. Paashaus GmbH
. Solingen in 1932. Brand name: 'Pass'.
Max Paashaus. Solingen in 1922. Brand names: 'Doppelschmied', 'Polo'. "
It was in a sorry state when i got it and it has cleaned up pretty well, there was a nasty chip out of the toe so i rounded it off.
It has taken a pretty good edge and shaves well.
An easy face lather and a single WTG / ATG mixed pass this morning with a little bit touch up on the "Whirlpools" for a DFS result.
1st test splash of @BrianH Signature soap splashes with the Valentia, it smells quite nice and feels real nice on the skin.
So that ends my Vintage straights for the month.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All
Nice Job Tony

SOTD 24/01: Ariana & Evans SoCal Hipster ; Simpsons Trafalgar T3 Synthetic ; Merkur Futur ; Gillette Nacet Stainless (4) ; Signature Soaps Valentia Aftershave Splash

210124-Insta-SOTD.jpg

PS-Proraso
Brush-Turkish Mop
Soap-Colonel Conk Sandalwood
Blade-Lord Platinum
Razor-Parker Slant
AS- Thayers/Lavender Dilute

Soap and blade combination my first with a Lord blade was going well but got caught out by the blade overhang on the Parker and blood was shed! I've quite a few slants and must check them for blade overhang, never had problems with 39c, Hoffritz etc.

24/1/21

Brush - Omega 10077
Soap - Vitos Red
Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette Winner Platinum (1)
Post - Benjamins Bay Rum

I'm coming to the end of my tub of Vitos Red, which has lost it's almond scent, the only scent left is a tallow funk and today it combined with the nautral pig scent of my Omega boar brush and the scent of both combined was horrible. I didn't load enough soap and the lather wasn't the best, and maybe that's why the blade felt a bit prickly on the face but the results weren't too bad.

Have a good Sunday chaps.

SOTD

my first ever straight razor shave this morning after my recent purchase from @Blademonkey arrived yesterday thank you. Wow not going to say it was easy but I certainly enjoyed it I have a very short beard but no tash, I shaved cheeks and neck with and against the grain and gave the top lip a go too I did have to do some pick ups with the asd2 after mainly on the top lip and a few on the neck but it was a very comfortable and close shave really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one. I will keep on with this method until I get a lot better and will then say goodbye to the short beard while I learn to become proficient in a full face shave

2B1BE2E0-88A5-4458-9A0E-A8A293387330.jpeg

SOTD

my first ever straight razor shave this morning after my recent purchase from @Blademonkey arrived yesterday thank you. Wow not going to say it was easy but I certainly enjoyed it I have a very short beard but no tash, I shaved cheeks and neck with and against the grain and gave the top lip a go too I did have to do some pick ups with the asd2 after mainly on the top lip and a few on the neck but it was a very comfortable and close shave really enjoyed it and looking forward to the next one. I will keep on with this method until I get a lot better and will then say goodbye to the short beard while I learn to become proficient in a full face shave

View attachment 63770
Congratulations on the first steps of your straight razor journey :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom