SOTD: Saturday 23 March - Friday 29 March 2024.

Last night's shave which arrives themed, 'The sufferance of burning shaves'

20240324_180901.jpg

A hot razor - Tatara Nodachi
Burning blades - Brazilian Wilkinson Sword
Fire fur - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Suffering soaps - Signature Condate
Melting moisturiser - Collegen
Pyrogenic perfume - Floris Elite

'The latest in shaving fads. Don appropriate fire resistant suit. Set yourself on fire and voila.......

'The best a man can get' ;)

Another karaoke shave (yes, two in one week) based on the world's shortest piece of recorded music, 'You suffer' by Napalm Death. I am actually surprised this song even has lyrics, so I will give a box of matches as a prize to anyone who can manage to get them in before the music(?) stops.

Hit play and away you go....

You shave
But why?

I'll tell you why. So that I end up smoother than a baby dolphin's bottom as provided by this happy bunch of shaving tools. Just not a bigger tool than I am.

When I first heard this song I thought 'This is the bollocks, and yes, I would'. A great introduction to Aldious and their drool worthy guitarist Yoshi. When I think about it they all have some of that drool worthiness stuff. Aldious and 'Sweet temptation'.....drool

Last edited:
Tuesday 26th March

Soap • Stirling Barbershop
Brush • Yaqi Dandelion 24mm Cashmere
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Dorco Prime (2)
Post • Blue Stratos Aftershave

This Dorco Prime blade is holding up well, two shaves in. I'll use it again this week.
Interestingly, I've noticed that they are available at Asda for £2 per tuck of 10 blades (advertised online at least)

0FqGTZy.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Special Edition 2013 Olive Wood Silvertip Badger
Cream:Antiga Barbearia de Bairro Ribeira
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (0.86mm)
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (3)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Alt Innsbruck Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Abbate y La Mantia Garibaldi EdC

IMG_0100.jpeg
  • Merkur Head on RR HD handle
  • Lord Silver Star
  • Omega 20102 Boar
  • MWF (Tallow)
  • Hotchpotch AS
The MWF of today was much superior to the last outing’s 3P. Slicker, more protective and left the old grizzled physog feeling just grand. The aftershave is a mish-mash of Freshwood remnants together with Benjamin's Bay Rum, Proraso Red, Forest Fresh, Bronnley English Fern Cologne, a few drops of extra glycerin and some West Indian Bay oil that was kicking about. Sounds mad I know but it was great.

SOTD: 27/03/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel, 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Baume.be Pre Shave Gel
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Pitralon Classic Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Again a rather disappointing shave with the Rockwell 6c, this time with plate 5. No smooth shave at all, I even had to call my Vector to the rescue to get a reasonable result. I don’t get it: how come that this classic razor that many of you use to full satisfaction doesn’t work for me. I know I have strong beard growth, but you might expect from this razor that plate 5 can handle it. Tomorrow a new try, plate 6. Curious!
Have a fine day, you all.

SOTD: 27/03/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel, 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Baume.be Pre Shave Gel
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Pitralon Classic Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Again a rather disappointing shave with the Rockwell 6c, this time with plate 5. No smooth shave at all, I even had to call my Vector to the rescue to get a reasonable result. I don’t get it: how come that this classic razor that many of you use to full satisfaction doesn’t work for me. I know I have strong beard growth, but you might expect from this razor that plate 5 can handle it. Tomorrow a new try, plate 6. Curious!
Have a fine day, you all.
We might expect a Rockwell blade would be perfect for a 6c but have you tried a different blade? I have used an Astra on plate 5 and that seems to work for me.

27/03/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - AP Shave Co UBrush 24mm Silvertip Synth
Soap - Maca Root / Palmolive stick Superlather
Razor - Gillette Tech MIE 32g
Blade - Ladas
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Williams Aqua Velva Musk
Wk 13 (5).jpg
4th shave on the Ladas, today paired with British tech. 3 passes for a very comfortable, BBS finish.
The re-knotted U-Brush handle from @Digimonkey's PIF works really well with the silvertip synth.
Enjoy your day all.

Wednesday 27 March

Used the third of my trio of Løthur soaps this one curiously called NUDE :unsure: I also have CALM and FLORIANA which is the best smelling version. All are very creamy soaps but don’t produce much of a lather. However, they don’t dry on the skin quickly so enable time to be taken to enjoy the shave which I like.
The ATT has 2016 engraved on the head. Not sure why this is and maybe blade gap would have been more useful and relevant?
The Schick Proline B-30 (4x) is still working fine and delivered bbs in 2 passes and pick ups.
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_8893.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom