SOTD: Saturday 23 March - Friday 29 March 2024.

Wednesday 27 March

Used the third of my trio of Løthur soaps this one curiously called NUDE :unsure: I also have CALM and FLORIANA which is the best smelling version. All are very creamy soaps but don’t produce much of a lather. However, they don’t dry on the skin quickly so enable time to be taken to enjoy the shave which I like.
The ATT has 2016 engraved on the head. Not sure why this is and maybe blade gap would have been more useful and relevant?
The Schick Proline B-30 (4x) is still working fine and delivered bbs in 2 passes and pick ups.
Have a fine day fellas!

View attachment 118692
Beauty / is that the single edge? Always been a fan of the bamboo handle. I sold mine with the dart handle to a great guy in here. Looks the business with the dart handle… and also the bamboo. Lovely and slender (y)

E1FA477E-6C87-42B3-878B-CD290E866ADF.JPG

March 27, 2024
  • Prep: Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave soap
  • Brush: Omega 11137
  • Razor: Gillette Tech ( 1964 )
  • Blade: Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (8)
  • Lather: Stirling Soap Glacial Peach
  • Post Shave: Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel
  • Post Shave: Lime Green Freeze AS
I had a lovely and refreshing shave this morning. It is just my second shave with this particular Tech, and at least with the Light Brigade blade, it is proving to be highly comfortable and efficient.

Beauty / is that the single edge? Always been a fan of the bamboo handle. I sold mine with the dart handle to a great guy in here. Looks the business with the dart handle… and also the bamboo. Lovely and slender (y)
Yes single edge and it’s a brilliant razor. Seems to have a wide angle of attack compared to some other razors so it’s very easy to use and get excellent results without fear of weepers.

SOTD: 27/03/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Rockwell Razors Swedish Stainless Steel, 2nd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Baume.be Pre Shave Gel
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Pitralon Classic Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Again a rather disappointing shave with the Rockwell 6c, this time with plate 5. No smooth shave at all, I even had to call my Vector to the rescue to get a reasonable result. I don’t get it: how come that this classic razor that many of you use to full satisfaction doesn’t work for me. I know I have strong beard growth, but you might expect from this razor that plate 5 can handle it. Tomorrow a new try, plate 6. Curious!
Have a fine day, you all.
Bin the Rockwell blade that came with the razor. They are crap, rough and tuggy. Go with a blade you like. The Rockwell is an incredibly smooth razor on all plates. I’m sure you’ll find a big difference with a good blade.

Wed 27th March

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Omega 11126 boar
Monsavon au lait
Occams Oren- 3dot plate
Schick Proline ( 2 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

A late morning Shave today , as I went to do a quick essentials shop before it got too busy.Always try to avoid shops in build up to a Bank Holiday as panic buying seems the norm if Shops are closed for a day.

IMG_0311.jpeg

Brush - ES synthetic
Soap - Cella
Razor - Rockwell S (R3)
Blade - Rapira Swedish Supersteel

Terrible shave. I made the mistake of using all my B team stuff all at once. Nothing beats the dream team of Timor/Personna. Much as I like Cella, it doesn’t do the job quite like MWF or Trumpers creams… or even my Arko sticks TBH. The brush is not as good as the Simpsons Captain.
The Rapira used to be my fave blade ten years ago, used in my Merkur adjustable. I’ll use it again with a better lather. I only have five Rapira blades left, so no biggie if I give up on them. I’ll use the Cella again, but whip it up to buggery with the Simpson brush.

Onwards and upwards.

IMG_0114.jpeg

A Karaoke free shave with the theme, 'Shaving with the Beaver'

20240326_191325.jpg

Otoboke razor - Occams Enoch
Beaver blade - Schick Proline
Not a badger brush - PAA Peregrino
Castor cream - Bath House Cuban Cedar
Beaver balm - T&H Grafton

'Son, we are not the only Beavers around these parts'

'Oh. I know about those fantastic gusset flashing girls from Otoboke'

Otoboke beaver. Named after a 'love hotel' in Otoboke. It could only be Japan.

An absolute magnificent shave with the Enoch being at the heart of it all. First time I can recall using a Schick with it, but what one damn fine pairing. The face feel, the delivery and one effing brilliant finish. Sod Shave Of The Day, this was Shave Of The Year material.

Satan rarely smiles, but this shave raised a small grin, and Accorinrin agreed completely. Shaving her under arms with the same set up, then putting them on full public view being so delighted.

20230504_213349.jpg

But, I'm not going to finish with those girls from Otoboke as they are pushed aside by a bunch of pretty ladies from Tokyo. When I first heard this song I just fell in love with their sound and their very talented musical side. The guitarist being very natural as against to the usual formulated Japanese school of music sound. Any way, here they are with 'Thrill'. And yes I am, thrilled.....

Wednesday 26th March

AP1GczNzRmZz65VLBSQtFfb_4diICxNnVyJ7M-4IkvIbgxxKDLcSa-W4Tem2sme1u2kAsaHBe8YhhdYMIfI0WnbeCBJ8S1V_n55Uc8MEyLGTfwwxVAjq756n8WdGJKjY2LxOs5D_FwFU3UivBSlnRHx6yVdCeQ=w800

Penhaligon's Bayolea Shaving Bowl & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Razorock Hawk A w/Razorock HD Handle & Feather Professional (10)
Hai Karate Aftershave

Back
Top Bottom