SOTD: Saturday 23 March - Friday 29 March 2024.

SOTD 24-Mar
20240323_164636.jpg
Brush: Oumo Big Hand 27mm EX ST-1
Soap: B&M Lavender
Razor: CG Lvl 3
Blade: Nacet

Later shave today with the intended setup for the next couple of days.

Just got my hands on this Oumo brush with their extra dense ST-1 synthetic knot. I ordered it in bulb but I would say this is more of a rounded fan.

I was actually very pleasantly surprised overall. The handle is so-so, it's alright but it's nothing special. That knot however, I'm deeply impressed. I've read that it shares some characteristics with the Muhle STF, though I've never tried it to be able to confirm. I can say it has nice face feel, doesn't feel springy so I'm not thrashing lather all over the bathroom, splays well and holds a ton whilst releasing very well.

I would definitely consider another one of these knots, perhaps marginally smaller and set in a more worthy handle. Perhaps I'll have to drop our resident immortal brush maker to fill that void!
1592654037251.jpeg
Hope everyone has a good one.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
24/03/24
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - P&B Trafalgar
Razor - 5/8 Thiers Issard "Evide Sonnant"
Blade - @Tony'schin
Post - Alum rub & Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk 13 (2).jpg
That was a crackin shave. I think the Alpha Ti brush is in my top 3 of my little brush collection.
The edge on the Thiers today was buttery smooth, probably down to the pre shave shower softening the beard more.
2 passes with touch up for a very easy BBS finish.
I did get some fleeting indication from the alum rub and then the splash.
Spot on that!
Enjoy your day all.

Sunday 24th March

Soap • Stirling Ozark Mountain
Brush • PAA Doppler - Perihelion Synbad
Razor • Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade • Dorco Prime (1)
Post • Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

A faultless relaxing Sunday shave.
The brush is a recent BST acquisition.
Paul, @pjgh included some extras, including these Dorco Prime blades.
They're certainly a good blade, smooth and equally sharp.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone

SOTD 24-Mar
View attachment 118594

Just got my hands on this Oumo brush with their extra dense ST-1 synthetic knot. I ordered it in bulb but I would say this is more of a rounded fan.

I was actually very pleasantly surprised overall. The handle is so-so, it's alright but it's nothing special. That knot however, I'm deeply impressed. I've read that it shares some characteristics with the Muhle STF, though I've never tried it to be able to confirm. I can say it has nice face feel, doesn't feel springy so I'm not thrashing lather all over the bathroom, splays well and holds a ton whilst releasing very well.

I would definitely consider another one of these knots, perhaps marginally smaller and set in a more worthy handle. Perhaps I'll have to drop our resident immortal brush maker to fill that void!
View attachment 118596

Cheers

Marc
If you don't mind, I have a few questions.
How soft are the tips?
Have you tried it for face lathering or touching up lather on your face?
The handle looks pretty good in the photo and reasonably ergonomic - what is it you disliked about the handle?

Thanks in advance. :)

If you don't mind, I have a few questions.
How soft are the tips?
Have you tried it for face lathering or touching up lather on your face?
The handle looks pretty good in the photo and reasonably ergonomic - what is it you disliked about the handle?

Thanks in advance. :)
I really do hope no one was looking through the window just then, as I would have looked like a right nutcase. I'm stood there brushing my face with all the synthetics I have on hand with a confused look on my face, cycling back through several times before eventually nodding and wandering off. Ah well, needs must.

Softness, difficult to put into non-subjective terms. I would say it's somewhere between the G5D (less soft) and the Blackland Signature (Softer). That's the best I could do on that as my face isn't the most sensitive so take it with a pinch of salt.

Face lathering only, I have a bowl but I never use the thing and go straight to the face every time.

On the handle itself, it's purely a superficial thing. I lean towards C&H type that are just a little different or use different materials. It's a really petty one, but for some reason I just don't like the Oumo coins. Otherwise it is a perfectly serviceable handle, it's a decent size and fits nicely in the hand. Perhaps a little more weight to it would be nice, but otherwise it's fine.

Hope that helps somewhat.

I really do hope no one was looking through the window just then, as I would have looked like a right nutcase. I'm stood there brushing my face with all the synthetics I have on hand with a confused look on my face, cycling back through several times before eventually nodding and wandering off. Ah well, needs must.
Thanks for the reply.
Sounds like Sunday. :)

Softness, difficult to put into non-subjective terms. I would say it's somewhere between the G5D (less soft) and the Blackland Signature (Softer). That's the best I could do on that as my face isn't the most sensitive so take it with a pinch of salt.

Face lathering only, I have a bowl but I never use the thing and go straight to the face every time.
Is this softness of the tips, or the feel of fibres splayed on the face?
Or does what you wrote go for both?

Cheers. :)

The description was more for the feel on the face for me, I couldn't split the difference between the G5D and the oumo to the touch. Though I realise some of that could be down to the setting as well, though this oumo does seem fairly dense so perhaps not.

:love:
SOTD 24-Mar
View attachment 118594

View attachment 118596

Cheers

Marc
Beautiful handle on the razor. Absolutely fell in love with that

Sunday 24th March

AP1GczN-zLc5IKQKLlfAwSQ_zscSGlU3Ughrmtk-UraAQ9mGELNIrvp76A6ZWbz363hvSw_oDnhlvyBELDh85-ttIcLn3aEg7JKDsNBgLkMln1KvAiJBZhDCifRi_5hbaw_bTnTJVuNMvv-xnrDpYJyvDc-Apw=w800

Taylor of Old Bond Street Traditional Shaving Bowl & Muhle Silvertip Fibre 23mm
Gillette Ranger Tech & Astra Superior Platinum (India) (4)
Ach Brito Eau de Cologne Lavanda (as Aftershave)

A new week of SOTD's and here I am to say hello and welcome you to my first entry for this week and a shave themed, 'Bad shave'

20240323_171820.jpg

Bad boy razor - 3ONE6
Bad ass blade - Wizzamet Super Iridium
Bad bad brush - Hive-2
Big bad soap - MDC Fougere
Bad and balmy - L'Occitane Cade
Bad smell - Hermes terre d'hermes

'Trials for the Olympic 100m drunken stagger. A race which usually covers several hundred metres'

Well. Since I haven't been here for sometime I felt life is ready for a return to a Karaoke shave.

Not the most difficult song to scribble some crap together, but a bit more taxing than 'Da Da Da' by the German band Trio. Anyway, you know the score, hit play and somehow contrive the words to fit. So come on give it your best Bon Jovi impersonation and pretend you have a great head of hair. Or to any of you head shavers or just bald chaps like me, just pretend you have any hair.

All cut and sliced
And you're to blame
Satan, you give shaving a bad name

Old discarded crap is what the Emporium sell
They promise you Heaven, then put you through hell
Shaving gold in exchange for a cheque
And all you get, a Pearl flexi necklace around your neck

Oh, you're a loaded brush, yah
Oh no, there's no soap in the jar
No styptic can save me
A bloody great scar

All cut and marked
And you're to blame

I shaved my parts and I did so in shame
You give shaving a bad name (bad name)
Hey, you give shaving, a bad name

Paint your lather on your rosy red cheeks
Blood runs down your face in long crimson streaks
The Emporium’s dream, your nightmare guy
Your very first shave was your first worst buy

Oh, you're a loaded brush, yah
Oh no, there's no soap in the jar
No styptic can save me
A bloody great scar

All cut and marked
And you're to blame

I shaved my parts and I did so in shame
You give shaving a bad name (bad name)
Hey, you give shaving, a bad name

All cut and marked
And you're to blame
My wife shaved her parts apparently I’m to blame
I loaned her a razor with a bad name (bad name)

All cut and marked
And you're to blame

You shaved your nads and you did so in pain
Because I gave shaving a bad name (bad name)

You give shaving
You give shaving (bad name)
You give shaving
You give shaving
You give shaving
You give shaving

Very pretty, but what was your shave like? Brilliant and happy

Instead of a journey through 'Obscure Japanese ladies', for the foreseeable I shall only end on some of my favourites down the years, which still remain obscure to most of you.....Starting with my first glimpse of beaver......

A new week should always start with telling you all, I love you :love:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom