SOTD: Saturday 23 March - Friday 29 March 2024.

R3mB2oe.jpg

9562EFF4-96A1-41E9-A1FD-F89A882E8A75.jpeg
Simpson Chubby 1 SiLVERTiP
Rockwell 6C
Polsilver Łódź (5)
OSP Old Gold
Thayer’s Lavender witch hazel
Shulton Old Spice a/s

After using Proraso Red exclusively for a few weeks, I craved a bit of tallow & lanolin. Step forward OSP.
Finished off with a liberal splash of Shulton. Wonderful.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend gents.

SOTD Sat 23 Mar 2024

Saturday night is for…
…shaving, shave33D638F9-6030-4E9A-9B5F-DDA6BAE283B4.jpeg
Pre - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic PP shaving bowl
Soap - Wilkinson Sword Shaving Soap Bowl
Brush - Clubman Pinaud synthetic
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Rainbow Super Class (2)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - CL IN2U for men EDT

The Wilko soap worked much better with a synthetic brush (or I worked it better) whatever, there still wasn’t much slickness to help the razor glide, so the experience still wasn’t that comfortable, but with enough tidying up the end result was very smooth although with some alum sting. Face left feeling and smelling fine.

072FBC70-7389-4C76-B3D8-2E3E8BD4A5D1.jpeg
No, no, Saturday night is for…
…sleeping!

SOTD 20240323
Prep: Warm shower
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Thirsty Badger
Brush: Morris & Forndran Heritage II L7
Soap: Antica Barbearia Mondial Bergamotto Neroli
Razor: Wolfman WR2 1,15 SB TI on UFO gran Titan
Blade: Giklette Nacet
AS Antica Barbearia Mondial Original Citrus

SOTD-20240323.jpg

SOTD-20240323-1.jpg

SOTD-20240323-2.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

SOTD: 24th March 2024.

22.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Vetiver & Black Pepper Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Face Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Haslinger Schafmilch & Lanolin Shaving Soap.
Blade: Treet Classic. (D2)
Razor: Parker Razor Head w/Muhle R89 Handle.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Oceans ASL./Wilko Men's ASB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning Shave.

I have said this in many of my posting that the Haslinger Schafmilch & Lanolin soap is an incredible shaving soap. like all of the Haslinger soaps I've tried it doesn't get top marks for it's fragrance but My skin type really likes shaving soaps with lanolin added to the ingredients, the post shave feeling from it is absolutely superb.

A close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Wilko Men's ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD: 24/03/2024

Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 4th use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Soap: Body Shop Maca Root Croap
Balm: Harry's Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Italian Opera Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now
Fragrance: Invictus Platinum EdP

I don't normally shave two days on the trot but Sunday lunch out with jacket and tie function demanded it.

Have been loving the custom aluminium overlander, looks great and shaves easily. A bit lighter than I would prefer so I can see the brass version in my future as well. My beloved Rockwell 6s has been despatched to the dusty shelf of shame and hasn't seen any action in 3 months.

IMG_0565.jpeg

Sunday 24 March

Super Shave Sunday! The Shield coupled with a Schick Proline-30 was perfect. The Henri et Victoria has settled down now after initially feeling quite rough but this is probably due to my more gentle touch now when creating a lather. I’ve forgotten which soap is in the pewter bowl. It might be ToBS Sandalwood but it does the job really well.
Whilst the Shield is slim, elegant and light and is a delight to use the unusual but necessary design of the screw connection between handle and head is a fiddle during assembly in order not to cross the thread. The blade locating studs in the head were also a tight fit on the Schick blade, so inserting/removing the blade can be a fiddle. All this is manageable of course but it’s still an excellent se ac razor to use.
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0535.jpeg

20240324_111910.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Proraso preshave
Brush Highlander LE2023 Badger.
Soap Zingari Man Mousse Iluminee Rogue.
Razor Stando Rod.
Blade Feather Pro Super (6)
Aftershave Mousse Iluminee Rogue edt.

Another top drawer shave for me today Topped off with my favourite scent at the moment.
The Stando rod struggled a little with the headshave as I had left it a couple of days but we did get there in the end with a cut free finish.
I am now ready to spoil my eldest son as it's his birthday today, I really have now idea where the time has gone even though he is 29 today I still see him as a 12 year old boy if that makes any sense at all.
Have a great day ahead everyone woohoo.

Back
Top Bottom