SOTD : Saturday 23 July - Friday 29 July. 2022.

And this Tuesday morning brought with it the themed shave, 'Ikihakabruslasha-no-dinkabastad (The legendary sword of the God of plastic bags)'

20220725_204613.jpg

Tescobaginik - Razorock Hawk V3
MandSplastikibaga - Schick Proline
BagawagaAsda - Razorock 400
Bodyshoppapabaga-no-plastika(?) - Menrock Scicilian Lime
Sexshoppvcbaganwear-no-batterieska - ADP Colonia Club

'Tootleooooo. Her majesty the Queen of rubber'

A total polar opposite of yesterday's hack show. This was just what the world needed and from substandard to sublime. I know from my past this particular band of shaving accoutrements work extremely well and my oh my did they deliver. Perfection for a day at the races. A whiff of Colonia Club to bring out the best in a white shirt and a wonderful start to a lovely day out.

Unfortunately Balderdash the Norsk God of betting slips went wayward and a very poor showing at the end of the race day. But a grand day out with Mrs Satanfriendly and always great to be a part of the whole horse racing scene.

A super shave to match a super day.

And to end on Shonen Knife and 'I am a supergirl'. Because may be I am

37303FBC-8B26-4DCB-90EF-4A5A2D4FD555.jpeg
SOTD: 26/07/2022

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 3rd use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: PAA Future Fiction Croap
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne and EDP
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

The Future Fiction EDP is exactly what I hoped for, a stronger, brighter and longer lasting version of the aftershave. I love this scent it’s amazing, I could happily use this everyday!

Now Guys iv had a thought
yea very unusual i know but is there any Occam’s owners here ?
Perhaps i need to change the plate out to plate 1 for the Feather Light to work
Any thoughts ?
Plate 3 is good for me but I've been using 2 with a Feather Pro and get great shaves. There's always the Feather Supers which will get you more exposure over the Pro also as another option.

Last edited:
Tuesday 26th July

AM-JKLWiShrlbxX-RwTt-JPDhpcblwC-Yrgo3tX8Uwhk7aEJT95SOGezbAvHnvkGgm_hi77aSFzhpSV_Q7k_qHwYM4OcsB1w2lEyNbG5lse3s6r28LJFip7HejN-jpP6vWX3rrJ0zqaAK-tdJIfo8Wl-g3VhMg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Cella Crema da Barba Shaving Croap
Yaqi Mokasoft w/Synbad Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Fusion Flexball Limited Edition & Gillette Fusion ProGlide Cartridge (2)
Rose of Bulgaria Aftershave

Tabac Tuesday 26th July

Soap • Tabac
Brush • Yaqi Rocks 30mm Synthetic
Razor • Pearl Flexi
Blade • Derby Extra (3)
Post • Tabac Aftershave
Scent • Aramis Tobacco Reserve EdP

That's three shaves with the Pearl Flexi & somewhat maligned Derby Extra blade.
All three shaves were perfectly good - no dragging, keen cutting edge and very comfortable.
Do these blades deserve such bad press?
I think not, and I suspect they have got a bad reputation from those new to DE shaving who had not perfected their technique?
A bad workman, and all that . . . .

Plate 3 is good for me but I've been using 2 with a Feather Pro and get great shaves. There's always the Feather Supers which will get you more exposure over the Pro also as another option.
Good to see you back Dave. Yes thanks mate i have the super & pro’s i was just trying something different but didn’t work out lol

27/07/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Culmak Junior
Soap - Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - Ever Ready HFT Natural Angle
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
Wk 30 (5).JPG
I am smooth, clean, refreshed and ready for the Gym.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Most wonderful indeed to see you back. I missed you and your amazing razor collection. And of course your knowledge

SOTD 27-July
20220725_134949.jpg
Brush: Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: CB Karve (E)
Blade: Nacet (2)

Close but far too rushed shave this morning, led to a catch under the chin, very rare especially for this razor really mustn't have been paying attention. I actually quite like this chubby, it's a little unforgiving if you want to mash but as a painter it works well, not a touch on the Cadman Tuxedo though.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Ah ok Thanks Tony
it’s an issue for sure :ROFLMAO:
But there is 3 different heads you get with the Occam’s i’m just wondering if the smallest would be best
i’ll steal sorry i mean borrow a screwdriver from work tonight & give it a go.
i do have the Kai’s also
it’s an expensive mistake if it doesn’t work
I like the Occams best with a No 3 plate, you can then use a blade that suits you best.

Back
Top Bottom