SOTD: Saturday 23 December - Friday 29 December 2023.

20231225_154734.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Brush Highlander LE TSR 2023 Badger.
Soap Geo F Trumpers Limes. (Xmas gift)
Razor Razorock Hawk V3 A plate.
Blade Feather Pro.
Bowl Obsidian Copper.
Aftershave Jimmy Choo Man.

A lovely Christmas shave today using my new Limes cream and excellent Highlander brush.
The Hawk doesn't get used as much since becoming a lucky owner of the Mongoose but it's still an excellent razor that can be more versatile with, just a quick plate change.
The open comb plate with a Feather blade is always fun ha ha.
A nice finish and a blast of the new aftershave the wife brought me for Christmas and I am good to go.
Enjoy the season everyone, I am off to eat too much and drink my body weight in Kraken rum
Excited The Child GIF by Disney+

Tuesday 26th December

ABLVV85vAXgJ9GPS3FLxGEM5I3tZ3_rXwcNYFLza_MJjoJ064XWjOW9s8t7dtLVVape8l8jmd3k_49Op-A4FHN4bX2jbnXfoWSwtcQ4e1ArIuTqiaTGx7RS-UN2wCAsEOLZNHpC8qCIEMetLjR-LVNe6kAcmsg=w800

Haslinger Honig & Semogue SOC Butterscotch Pure Bristle
Gem Damaskeene No25 Combination Set & Gem Damaskeene (Vintage)
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal (Vintage) as Aftershave

Some years ago, I was very lucky indeed to come across an unopened box of Damaskeene blades which, upon opening, were quite apparent as "good to shave with" ... yes, good to shave with some 100 years on! I cannot recall how many shaves I've had off this blade (the first in a pack of 7), but it keeps on coming back with little more than a damn good stropping.

My No.25 Combination Set did not come with a strop, but I have a good strop in my Sun Ray set and that's a good one to use. Although pictured in the Damaskeene stropper, I actually used a slightly later model stropper (the one over on the left hand side in the picture below).

ABLVV87eA7bvsAPzYeP4693uqg7ylKTkoW4oOxHJjpxaiaydnOABiPNG_GYUskKtHw62unUMR9aQisr21gp-pvenr53jfkkDgMVmFUzTX3crdEI8PdqNXUxWGEEi4U-GEOTpIhjloCmOvpG2WXwEj92KGtNM7w=w600

Immediately smooth and so very comfortable, the blade just glided. Two pass with the grain and I was happy enough to call that a good shave.

SOTD Tue 26 Dec 2023

Boxing Day not really needed shave
4A4EA3CD-5F8F-45B3-A4D5-CE6D7262DEED.jpeg
Pre - Imperial Leather face wash
Bowl - glass
Cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush- DS Cosmetic T4
Razor - Qshave futur clone
Blade - Personna Platinum (3)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea ASB, Mastermind EDT

Didn’t really need one but couldn’t wait to try more Christmas presents. The brush is great, the Body Shop cream is really nice, a good midweek cream (with the Trumper Limes for weekends!) The Qshave razor and DS Cosmetics brush I theoretically got from Woofles but not surprisingly they were actually purchased from AliExpress by me and wrapped up by my daughter to be given as a ‘surprise’ from the dog (£6 including tax and delivery from China - that dog is an impressive shopper).
The razor however I am not sure about! I had one pass at setting one and a half and found it uncomfortable. So I had a tidy up at setting one that was better but a bit ‘scrapey’, it felt not unlike my Wilkinson Sword metal TTO, which I do not really get on with. I’ll give it another try when I have some longer stubble. I also found it a bit unwieldy, but that is probably practice, like the shaving angle!
Apart from that, not a bad shave.
0C9C8FEA-2299-4DE3-9E19-FD6DE2D616B5.jpeg
Off topic but I would like to join others in extending best belated birthday wishes to @Satanfriendly - I have been unsure if it was a wind up of some kind and was half expecting a punchline, but none came so it must really have been his birthday! Congratulations young man in surviving another year in these trying times! Everyone who posts on here is brilliant, I love all the photos, experiences and enablement’s shared, but I must confess that yourself and @Palmolive fox were my main inspirations for the nonsense I perpetrate on here. Happy birthday from me and sleepy dog!
Cheers, Ken and Bella

A brief visitation as so much to do today. Including be an idle arsed bugger. So this shave arrives in pixilated format and the theme, 'The curse appears to be lifted'

20231226_173824.jpg

Curse free razor - 3ONE6
Anti-curse blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
What, no curse? - Highlander LFC brush
Uncursed soap - Alvarez Gomez
Safe to use moisturiser - Simple moisturiser
Savioured scent - Floris Elite

'And the department for theming things celebrated the lifting of the curse by the Montenegro witching society'

Finally used the LFC brush at the same time as the match and we actually managed to win. There is no curse. Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah.

And the 3ONE6? Perfection after yesterday's hack fest.

Happy? All the way

Hurrah, hurrah, hurrah. And hurrah for Japanese girlies......and hurrah for Midori? Mmmmm, may be not

I love you all

SOTD Tue 26 Dec 2023

Boxing Day not really needed shave
View attachment 114977
Pre - Imperial Leather face wash
Bowl - glass
Cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush- DS Cosmetic T4
Razor - Qshave futur clone
Blade - Personna Platinum (3)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block, Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea ASB, Mastermind EDT

Didn’t really need one but couldn’t wait to try more Christmas presents. The brush is great, the Body Shop cream is really nice, a good midweek cream (with the Trumper Limes for weekends!) The Qshave razor and DS Cosmetics brush I theoretically got from Woofles but not surprisingly they were actually purchased from AliExpress by me and wrapped up by my daughter to be given as a ‘surprise’ from the dog (£6 including tax and delivery from China - that dog is an impressive shopper).
The razor however I am not sure about! I had one pass at setting one and a half and found it uncomfortable. So I had a tidy up at setting one that was better but a bit ‘scrapey’, it felt not unlike my Wilkinson Sword metal TTO, which I do not really get on with. I’ll give it another try when I have some longer stubble. I also found it a bit unwieldy, but that is probably practice, like the shaving angle!
Apart from that, not a bad shave.
View attachment 114978
Off topic but I would like to join others in extending best belated birthday wishes to @Satanfriendly - I have been unsure if it was a wind up of some kind and was half expecting a punchline, but none came so it must really have been his birthday! Congratulations young man in surviving another year in these trying times! Everyone who posts on here is brilliant, I love all the photos, experiences and enablement’s shared, but I must confess that yourself and @Palmolive fox were my main inspirations for the nonsense I perpetrate on here. Happy birthday from me and sleepy dog!
Cheers, Ken and Bella
Thanks for the Shout & bark from your goodself & the wonderful Bella, aka Woofles !..Glad my eclectic gibberish gives you inspiration with this shaving hobby/pastime of ours.

Last edited:
27 December

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Rockwell 6S R4
Feather Hi-Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

8A1C5ADB-CC17-4957-A68A-8D9C7012A70E.jpeg
Yesterday’s lacklustre shave was made worse afterwards by dropping my R41 head in the sink whilst cleaning it and damaging. I’m left with a damaged R41 head, a duff R89 head (both heading to the bin) and a new Mühle chromed handle, orphaned.
Another day and another razor. The Rockwell 6S has always been good for me. The R4 plate having just the right mix of efficiency and comfort. A top shave this morning and a magnificent lather to go with it. All of yesterday’s woes are forgotten…almost.

Back
Top Bottom