SOTD: Saturday 23 December - Friday 29 December 2023.

Friday 29th December

continuing with the slant razor approach, today, the Ikon B1. I’m not really sure that the design has worked the way it was intended in regard to setting the blade in the head. Despite several adjustments, and different blades, I noticed that the blade, exposure differed from one end of the shave head to the other, with slightly more exposure at one end, and slightly less at the other. Anyone else noticed this? I also have a Merkur slant, and when I set the blade in that head, the blade exposure is constant along its length. Bearing in mind that a slant razor twists the blade when it’s set in the head, I can only conclude that Ikon got some of their calculations wrong. Nevertheless, after lathering with the trusty Kent bristle and Tabac soap the shave went reasonably well, not bbs and I could not get a good finish around my neck area.
Have a great POETS day fellas!

IMG_0445.jpeg

And for my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I am proud to present my death defying (I detest folk who defy my past time) shave which has been certified as being themed, 'la cirque du le rasoir'

20231228_114718.jpg

The dangerous razor brothers - Stainless Mongoose
The sensational blade swallower - Kai Titan mild
The balancing brush act - Highlander LFC
The acrobatic soap - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
The magic eye balm - Tropics
Marvelous miming moisturiser - Collegen
Tightroping eau de toilette - YSL homme

'And for my next trick may I ask for a volunteer please?'

A shave based purely on items which can be stacked on top of each other. It just so happened to be a bunch of very capable accoutrements. Super, smashing, smooth and splendid.

Hooray for shaving

Have some Puffyshoes and my love at the same time because I do

And for my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I :ROFLMAO: am proud to present my death defying (I detest folk who defy my past time) shave which has been certified as being themed, 'la cirque du le rasoir'

View attachment 115047

The dangerous razor brothers - Stainless Mongoose
The sensational blade swallower - Kai Titan mild
The balancing brush act - Highlander LFC
The acrobatic soap - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
The magic eye balm - Tropics
Marvelous miming moisturiser - Collegen
Tightroping eau de toilette - YSL homme

'And for my next trick may I ask for a volunteer please?'

A shave based purely on items which can be stacked on top of each other. It just so happened to be a bunch of very capable accoutrements. Super, smashing, smooth and splendid.

Hooray for shaving

Have some Puffyshoes and my love at the same time because I do

I guess that would be one way to remove your tonsils Chris. :ROFLMAO:
Mind you, there are some Fakirs , I think I’ve spelled that right, who eat razor blades in addition to their sword swallowing antics. There’s no accounting for taste.

I guess that would be one way to remove your tonsils Chris. :ROFLMAO:
Mind you, there are some Fakirs , I think I’ve spelled that right, who eat razor blades in addition to their sword swallowing antics. There’s no accounting

Not sure.

I think it should be spelt S A T A N F R I E N D L Y

SOTD 20231229
Prep: warm shower
Brush: Bruji
Soap: Acqua di Parma Barbiere
Razor: Atelier Durdan Le Maurice SB 1.8 Bronze
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Acqua di Parma Barbiere

SOTD_20231229.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Friday 29th December

ABLVV85a7yXvrbkczrbM_oGLpf9Wjl6-XDI1ng8g1NnV9K3bWHslVJS5iS34qcJ2m8QvZbBX5S94DnNBykEoGF_l5kYi-SL_mkBLtTvPiu5hWKSxguqDWSW2bPUMWL0H0nEBU999NICSfULMP38M5R_7fY-Tdw=w800

Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood Shaving Bowl & Semogue SOC Taj Pure Bristle
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Bulldog (Stainless) Handle & Suneko Amorphous Diamond Super Stainless (2)
Coty Musk Aftershave

Second go with the Suneko blade on a more baseline face today, having come back to normality following that run-in with a Flying Eagle ... and I can say it is indeed both a very smooth and a sharp blade.

What does that mean, though?

Well, some blades have both sharpness and smoothness together plus plus plus and to me, the Personna Platinum Chrome is that blade. The Treet 7 Days Platinum came pretty close to toppling that experience but brought its longevity (six day one feeling shaves and the seventh was really damn good) to make up for that smidge it fell show of the Personna Platinum Chrome.

Some blades are smoother than they are sharp and some sharper than they are smooth. For a couple more examples, I think we can probably all agree that the Nacet Super Stainless and the Gillette Super Thin (the older Thai, rather than the new Viet) are both very sharp blades and none of that sharpness is hidden behind the smoothness. Flip that around and maybe folks who enjoy the Silver Star Super Stainless might say that also it is a very sharp blade, but it smoothness also comes into play which make it feel perhaps a little less dangerous. I think this blade is on that side of the fence, just.

So, if we were to put the Nacet at, say, 10 for sharp and 8 for smooth, the Personna Platinum Chrome at 9.75 for sharp and 9.9 for smooth, and the Silver Star Super Stainless at 8.5 for sharp and 9 for smooth ... the Suneko is probably 8.7 for sharp and 9.3 for smooth.

Bottom line is, if you're tried and enjoyed the Super Shave X and want that in an alternative blade then this is it.

@NotTheStig @donnie_arko

Friday 29th December

Soap • Noble Otter Thé Noir et Vanille
Brush • Yaqi Moka Express
Razor • Feather ACS-NB
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (1)
Post • Noble Otter Thé Noir et Vanille Splash

Having gained some experience with non folding AC razors paired with Kai guarded blades, I recently tried a couple of shaves with a Feather Pro. This really didn't work well for me. The shaves felt rough, and on both occasions I cut myself.
Back to a guarded blade, and I'm back in the game. Much smoother and no mishaps.

Enjoy the weekend everyone

SOTD Fri 29 Dec 2023

The lotions and potions replacement shave
A2CBBD0E-ADA6-40CA-80AF-3C3EF4EF8BF2.jpeg
Prep - shower, Imperial Leather face wash
Bowl - glass
Cream - GF Trumper Limes
Brush - DS Cosmetic T4 synthetic
Razor - Merkur 38c
Blade - Shark SS (1)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block, Superdrug Sierran Breeze ASL, Nivea Replenishing ASB, Milano Man Nuit EDT

Great shave with the excellent 38c, a new Shark blade, the absolutely fabulous Trumper cream and some nice new lotions - as almost everything ran out today, aftershave, balm, eau de thingy, deodorant, moisturiser, the lot! Fortunately I stocked up with smellies etc a while back so just needed to replace from cupboard! As an aside, I can’t believe this Trumpers shaving cream, here I am, some six hours after the shave and my face feels as though I have just moisturised - amazing!

A late supper for us
B9449942-E2BE-40BF-A914-BF98CCD62DDB.jpeg
And I shall have a fishy on a little dishy, when the boat comes in!
Other traditional north-east folk songs can be murdered to order!
Cheeky!

Last edited:
SOTD: 30/12/2023

Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Cream
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water