SOTD: Saturday 23 December - Friday 29 December 2023.

Thursday 28th December

ABLVV86VdSLv9X1O_mlAHQ8L5TAGrjpTgWLQk_n7ljaG0-xIdm_bH3JHtTSWLw6g9lyjaIy7r24LSL7PgtP_YKAQGpRTBwR3BqImVtY30MTkSyJI9pYmQBdv4UpycV7L6AKGgsith5lKNXa0JKgNDxz-26Qizg=w800

Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Shaving Bowl & Semogue SOC Taj Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca (Polished) w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & Suneko Amorphous Diamond Super Stainless (1)
Pashana Original Aftershave

First go for me with the Suneko and from the off ... smooth!

I don't think it's as sharp as some reviewers are suggesting, but it is certainly smooth. I'm perhaps not starting from the best place today what with being assaulted yesterday by a Flying Eagle, so I think that's all I'm inclined to say at the moment. More shaves will fill out the picture for me but today, I think I'm more inclined to say "VOSKHOD" than "Personna Platinum Chrome".

@NotTheStig @donnie_arko

Thursday 28th December

ABLVV86VdSLv9X1O_mlAHQ8L5TAGrjpTgWLQk_n7ljaG0-xIdm_bH3JHtTSWLw6g9lyjaIy7r24LSL7PgtP_YKAQGpRTBwR3BqImVtY30MTkSyJI9pYmQBdv4UpycV7L6AKGgsith5lKNXa0JKgNDxz-26Qizg=w800

Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood Shaving Bowl & Semogue SOC Taj Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca (Polished) w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & Suneko Amorphous Diamond Super Stainless (1)
Pashana Original Aftershave

First go for me with the Suneko and from the off ... smooth!

I don't think it's as sharp as some reviewers are suggesting, but it is certainly smooth. I'm perhaps not starting from the best place today what with being assaulted yesterday by a Flying Eagle, so I think that's all I'm inclined to say at the moment. More shaves will fill out the picture for me but today, I think I'm more inclined to say "VOSKHOD" than "Personna Platinum Chrome".

@NotTheStig @donnie_arko

Thanks for the tag Paul. I've been following the thread for this blade at B&B and some to seem to be losing their minds over this blade, but I've come to appreciate this could be a B&B thing!

Good to hear it was a better shave than the Flying Eagle though!

Thanks for the tag Paul. I've been following the thread for this blade at B&B and some to seem to be losing their minds over this blade, but I've come to appreciate this could be a B&B thing!

Good to hear it was a better shave than the Flying Eagle though!

I think I recall even the hateful Tiger was a better shave than the Flying Eagle!

It must be pretty special, coz it was 7 pages before the first person chimed in about Astras. Haha! Perhaps I was expecting to be wowwed but wasn't, dunno? I think "that" Lancet was spectacular and I think the Statum Platinum Chrome is spectacular. This Suneko was just very good. Sharpness was tough to gauge but I did need the two passes and touch-ups. Again, I'll know more maybe tomorrow ...

I think I recall even the hateful Tiger was a better shave than the Flying Eagle!

Perhaps I was expecting to be wowwed but wasn't, dunno? I think "that" Lancet was spectacular and I think the Statum Platinum Chrome is spectacular. This Suneko was just very good. Sharpness was tough to gauge but I did need the two passes and touch-ups. Again, I'll know more maybe tomorrow ...

IMO the good Indian blades seem to go under the radar, not entirely sure why tbh.

Btw, I know you're a fan of GEM SE razors, I finally got around to using a 1912. I've only used a few times but it really does produce a delightful shave. It kind of reminded me of a more refined experience of using a Yaqi Katana.

SOTD Thu 28 Dec 2023

Sort of got used to a daily shave, might as well carry on until New Year
CA4263BE-CDE4-46BE-ADB1-862271DF6B7A.jpeg
Prep - Imperial Leather face wash
Bowl - glass
Cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush - DS Cosmetic T4 26mm synthetic
Razor - Merkur 34c
Blade - Personna Platinum (5)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block,
Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea ASB, Mastermind EDT

Great 2 pass shave with a familiar and well loved razor, a nice blade (on it’s last outing), a new and excellent brush and a new and wonderful cream. Hang on, I think I just described a happy shave and shaver.

7912823C-50CF-4EA1-B744-1B10F786D197.jpeg
You know, actually these Christmas biscuits aren’t half bad!
Good.

Last edited:
Thur 28th December

Aleppo soap - Shave pre wash
RR 400 - SE Plissoft noir
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Schick Proline ( 2 )

Have decided to stick with the AC/SE over the festive period as away for a couple of nights. A bit of a wasted day as time spent arranging Med Review cancelled by the Surgery- have to wait 4 weeks !!
So had an early afternoon Shave, which was extremely pleasant as blade on its second outing really worked well - a great finish all round.

IMG_0283.jpeg

SOTD: 29/12/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 3rd use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Taylor Of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Collection Cream
Aftershave: Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Wish you all a nice day!