SOTD: Saturday 22th to Friday 28th of 2020

Sunday 23rd February

Kent 'Infinity' - Natural Ireland Seaweed Shaving Soap - GEM Contour/SS Blade - Lacura L'Eau EDT

My planned shave disappeared as I was just too busy. Evening shaves may become the norm. The recent storms caused a landslide on my route to work. It is expected to take at least a year to repair. my commute to work has almost doubled.....so no more time to pamper myself in the morning:(

The Contour is quite mild but 3 passes still gave a great shave.

This particular shave was given the theme '(Finbarr Saunders) Donkeys and Beavers'

IMG_20200222_190238.jpg

Woodsman - Blacklands Black Blackbird
Edging - Gillette 7 O'Clock
Fluffer - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Donkey lubricant - La Savonniere du Moulin
Beavecreek (delivering fresh flowers and gifts) - Ermenegildo Zegna Acqua Di Bergamotto
Facial cream - L'Occitane Cade aftershave looking rather sad and in a depleneshed state. Needs a good squeeze to extract the last of the contents

tumblr_n066emlTKm1s8su8go1_1280.jpg

I see quite a few Blackbirds making the SOTD's recently, new and old users and so I thought time to drag the Blacklands out and give it a whirl over the old face. I thought it was sporting a Polsilver Lodz, but not the case and a 7 O'Clock it was to be. I don't know how many times this one has been used now but doing a damn fine job whatever the case. I find these Blackbirds to be the kind of razor which if you don't get the angle correct it will happily punish and deliver a shave rougher than a beavers badgers bottom. Get it right and it will reward with perfection. I think I have got the hang of it by now as they can be quite assertive and nasty little buggers. The 7 O'Clock is right on song. In this case short strokes are more effective.

Donkey soap. This La Savonniere fluffs up to one excellent lather and I find it hard to believe it contains 30% donkey milk. Provided it is the milk from a Jenny then I am happy. Quite a thirsty soap and requires quite a bit of water to keep it going as otherwise I do find it goes off a little prematurely. A perfect soap for the Cadman to weave its magic and despite having to prevent it from drying it does work wonders.

Ten minutes later and perfectly shaven. A shave maid in heaven and a heavenly shave. Right on the money

And now for a short beaver video. Of course I am talking about those screaming oriental ladies 'Otoboke Beaver'

I was quite surprised to find out this particular track made it in to the UK singles chart. I can't be the only one with odd Japanese metal taste

Have yourselves a most bodacious and wonderful week ahead

This particular shave was given the theme '(Finbarr Saunders) Donkeys and Beavers'

View attachment 51688

Woodsman - Blacklands Black Blackbird
Edging - Gillette 7 O'Clock
Fluffer - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Donkey lubricant - La Savonniere du Moulin
Beavecreek (delivering fresh flowers and gifts) - Ermenegildo Zegna Acqua Di Bergamotto
Facial cream - L'Occitane Cade aftershave looking rather sad and in a depleneshed state. Needs a good squeeze to extract the last of the contents

View attachment 51683

I see quite a few Blackbirds making the SOTD's recently, new and old users and so I thought time to drag the Blacklands out and give it a whirl over the old face. I thought it was sporting a Polsilver Lodz, but not the case and a 7 O'Clock it was to be. I don't know how many times this one has been used now but doing a damn fine job whatever the case. I find these Blackbirds to be the kind of razor which if you don't get the angle correct it will happily punish and deliver a shave rougher than a beavers badgers bottom. Get it right and it will reward with perfection. I think I have got the hang of it by now as they can be quite assertive and nasty little buggers. The 7 O'Clock is right on song. In this case short strokes are more effective.

Donkey soap. This La Savonniere fluffs up to one excellent lather and I find it hard to believe it contains 30% donkey milk. Provided it is the milk from a Jenny then I am happy. Quite a thirsty soap and requires quite a bit of water to keep it going as otherwise I do find it goes off a little prematurely. A perfect soap for the Cadman to weave its magic and despite having to prevent it from drying it does work wonders.

Ten minutes later and perfectly shaven. A shave maid in heaven and a heavenly shave. Right on the money

And now for a short beaver video. Of course I am talking about those screaming oriental ladies 'Otoboke Beaver'

I was quite surprised to find out this particular track made it in to the UK singles chart. I can't be the only one with odd Japanese metal taste

Have yourselves a most bodacious and wonderful week ahead
Ha ha - quality filth - years ago I was taken up the Khyber Pass by the Red Cross - true story. I'll never forget the experience. Ha ha - I.

Mon-On the road Green Themed SOTD,
Cream Proraso Green
Bowl Green Nubs
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette Rocket HD
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock SS 1st use
Postshave Alum + Thayers Lemon
Aftershave Clubman GentsGin

Excellent lather...nice scent. So easy to lather in the nubs bowl.
Shave with razor and blade really smooth and sharp. Good pairing.
3+1pass. Wtg followed by xtg/atg and atg. Last is pickup xtg/atg at under jawline area. Result was BBS but 1 minor weeper, stopped by alum. Shave rating 9.5/10
20200224_070418.jpg
20200224_072406.jpg

Pre-shave: Cold Derbyshire Tap Water, Proraso White Pre Shave Cream
Brush: Razorock Bruce Synthetic
Cream: Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe
Razor: Merkur Progress. Set to 3, then 1.
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Post/After-shave: Shower, Cold Water Splash, Floid Black, some random Avon aftershave balm

Thoroughly miserable morning of wind and rain but at least the shave was enjoyable.

Soundtrack to the shave a cover version of Rush 'Time Stand Still' which was surprisingly brilliant albeit a bit sombre for such a grey morning.

Monday‌ ‌02.24.20‌ ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0029 - Edited.jpg

Shugar‌ ‌Soapworks‌ ‌Oatmeal‌ ‌&‌ ‌Verbena‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌lather‌ ‌and‌ ‌rinse‌ ‌

Schick‌ ‌Type‌ ‌E‌ ‌6th‌ ‌variant‌ ‌Injector‌ ‌Razor‌ ‌
NOS‌ ‌Schick‌ ‌Eversharp‌ ‌Injector‌ ‌Blade‌ ‌USA‌ ‌(2)‌ ‌
Semogue‌ ‌Owners‌ ‌Club‌ ‌Cherry‌ ‌Wood‌ ‌Boar‌ ‌
Fine‌ ‌Fresh‌ ‌Vetiver‌ ‌in‌ ‌a‌ ‌vintage‌ ‌mug‌ ‌

Fine‌ ‌Fresh‌ ‌Vetiver‌ ‌aftershave‌ ‌

DSCF0032 - Edited.jpg

Date:- 24 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Lime
Razor/Blade:- Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic / Personna PTFE Coated Injector #12
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Back
Top Bottom