SOTD: Saturday 22th to Friday 28th of 2020

Mon 25th Feb.

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
Arko Stick- grated
Occams-Enoch
Schick Proline [ 3 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

I have definitely rushed my last two Shaves with this combo, so the results have been a bit off the mark. Today, I made a conscious effort not too rush, and worked on each area until satisfied before moving on. The choice of soap was good as the copious lather from the Arko made it easy to work away merrily without causing any irritation. Am quite pleased to say that my efforts today were rewarded with a rather ultra close all round finish.

IMG_0561.jpg

Last edited:
Monday 24th February
Vig Shaving Synth - OSP No.8 Test Soap - Pal Injectomatic - Schick Proline B #4 - OSP No.8 Test A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
Ujx5FVu.jpg

D122D5A6-3383-4CB7-9CB8-6A3F3F51C3B5.jpeg

SOTD 02/24/20

Another great 2 pass BBS with a minor weeper to the left of my Adam's Apple. The shave would have been bloodless, if I'd just left the hint of roughness around my Adam's Apple alone. The result would have been a bloodless DFS and near BBS. Live and learn. The tool of choice today was my 2011 R41 loaded with a Feather blade. I'm always amazed at the efficiency and blade feel with this razor. Five more days with MWF before I switch to a half month with PannaCrema Nuavia Blu and the other half with Imperial soap. In any case, I feel clean, smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Muhle 2011 R41 head w/ RR Barber Pole handle
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell's Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Old Spice Fresh Lime AS Splash

24/02/2020
Pre: Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: OSP Spice Road
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Rapira Supersteel (1)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum Astringent
Balm: Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP Spice Road

Wk9 (11).JPG

Next up on the Blackland week is a Nemesis of mine, The Dart.
Fitted with a Rapira to try to calm it down, in the past it has been a daunting task.
Anyway, a great lather from the OSP which was going to help the shave along.
From the off i decided to "ride the cap" and started with an angle just off the 90* (as with a 1912), slowly changing angle until the razor started cutting, taking note of the angle, i carried on using short strokes, as with the Blackbird i basically just held the weight of the razor and guided it, letting it do the work.
The 1st pass went really well, this razor is very efficient and the finish with 1 pass was very good , i completed an XTG pass and finished off with a bit buffing/touch up.
Not a mark on me.
I did get a bit indication from the Alum block and this was expected, it was not too bad.
A very nice post shave and i will see how it goes.
I am BBS, refreshed and clean and ready for the rest of the day feeling as if i have accomplished something?
Enjoy your day All

This particular shave was given the theme '(Finbarr Saunders) Donkeys and Beavers'

View attachment 51688

Woodsman - Blacklands Black Blackbird
Edging - Gillette 7 O'Clock
Fluffer - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Donkey lubricant - La Savonniere du Moulin
Beavecreek (delivering fresh flowers and gifts) - Ermenegildo Zegna Acqua Di Bergamotto
Facial cream - L'Occitane Cade aftershave looking rather sad and in a depleneshed state. Needs a good squeeze to extract the last of the contents

View attachment 51683

I see quite a few Blackbirds making the SOTD's recently, new and old users and so I thought time to drag the Blacklands out and give it a whirl over the old face. I thought it was sporting a Polsilver Lodz, but not the case and a 7 O'Clock it was to be. I don't know how many times this one has been used now but doing a damn fine job whatever the case. I find these Blackbirds to be the kind of razor which if you don't get the angle correct it will happily punish and deliver a shave rougher than a beavers badgers bottom. Get it right and it will reward with perfection. I think I have got the hang of it by now as they can be quite assertive and nasty little buggers. The 7 O'Clock is right on song. In this case short strokes are more effective.

Donkey soap. This La Savonniere fluffs up to one excellent lather and I find it hard to believe it contains 30% donkey milk. Provided it is the milk from a Jenny then I am happy. Quite a thirsty soap and requires quite a bit of water to keep it going as otherwise I do find it goes off a little prematurely. A perfect soap for the Cadman to weave its magic and despite having to prevent it from drying it does work wonders.

Ten minutes later and perfectly shaven. A shave maid in heaven and a heavenly shave. Right on the money

And now for a short beaver video. Of course I am talking about those screaming oriental ladies 'Otoboke Beaver'

I was quite surprised to find out this particular track made it in to the UK singles chart. I can't be the only one with odd Japanese metal taste

Have yourselves a most bodacious and wonderful week ahead
Yoinks!

Monday

Cyril R. Salter
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
PAL Injectomatic
Schick Proline
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Proraso M&E after shave

All round good stuff. I apologise for the (oo-er) bulbous attachment to the Proraso. Dropped the original cap on a slate floor and it fragmented; hence this rather fetching joie lady replacement. It does give a Blanche Dubois element to the proceedings.

On the plus side, it doesn't waste any splash, and I have seen barbershops in Florence with the same spray set-up. At least it doesn't have tassles...

94BC3BF7-A21D-4FD5-8B6C-705D0C68322D.jpeg

Last edited:
Valobra stick
Muhle STF V3
Gillette Mid Tech
Gillette Silver Blue #4
MFK APOM homme

Easy shave the blade probably has just one more shave in it then I'm switching to a Personna Lab Blue. The cologne is nice and not overpowering. Been window shopping locally in Maloneras on Gran Canaria for Lea or La Toja shave sticks but can only find cream or foam in the Lea brand.

Valobra stick
Muhle STF V3
Gillette Mid Tech
Gillette Silver Blue #4
MFK APOM homme

Easy shave the blade probably has just one more shave in it then I'm switching to a Personna Lab Blue. The cologne is nice and not overpowering. Been window shopping locally in Maloneras on Gran Canaria for Lea or La Toja shave sticks but can only find cream or foam in the Lea brand.

Can you actually see anything through the windows? We are getting reports of severe sandstorms

Back
Top Bottom