SOTD: Saturday 22th to Friday 28th of 2020

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1958 Executive/Feather
BSB 400 homage synthetic (thanks to The Good Doctor)
Bvulgari Black soap
No after shave or EdT today

Been a while since last getting my favorite DE wet and this razor (like a Fatboy) really tames that sharp blade.

The soap's been used 3 times now and jeeeez, it's a great scent! The puck is quite hard and benefits loading with a stiff knotted brush with the results being wonderful looking lather. Performance is better than average, but not the best I have tried when it comes to slip and cushion. Still, when figuring the ease it lathers plus the scent I am happy with that purchase and will replace it when finished up. Gonna take a while though because of the triple mill hardness.

BBS results,

Martin

Tuesday AM 2020-02-25

Rooney 1/2 Ebony Finest (24/57)
Art of Shaving Sandalwood shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-SB Titanium/Stork Advoco Titanium
Schick Super Chromium (5)
Floris Santal aftershave
IHWTcAc.jpg

C8B76187-7CFA-4733-9692-6D7781E29493.jpeg
Prep: Bath
Pre: Proraso Red
Soap: MWF bowl lathered
Brush: Big Jock Silvertip with horn handle
Razor/Blade: Merkur Progress/Voskhod (5)
ASL: SV Cubebe SE
ASB: 1912 classic
Uneventful 3+ pass shave this morning using the Progress set at: 3.5,3.5,1 increasing it to 4 to get a BBS finish around the Adam's apple and with no feedback from the alum. The Big Jock produced too much thick- lather from the MWF and so the leftovers went down the drain.

The theme was 'The Great Magnifico'

IMG_20200224_204456.jpg

The Great Magnifico - Brass Colonial General
The Great Sharpiro - Schick Proline
The Great Brushiro - Razorock 400
The Great Cremero - L'Occitane Cade
The Great Profumo - Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

The Great Radersio

All named after famous non existent magicians from those bygone years when they knew how to put on a magnificent stage show where it was compulsory to throw fruit and vegetables at the act.

'No they are not'

Point taken

The brass General is one of those razors which does nothing else except deliver amazing shave after amazing shave and simply never steps out of line. A real gem of a razor and one to cherish. The Proline is a perfect match even if has taken me time to come around to the virtues of the Schick blade. Meraviglioso Magnificento.

This time I'd thought I'd draw a comparison between the L'Occitane Cade cream and the Cade soap. And my findings? None, except one comes in a cheap Wilkinson Sword tub and the other in a rather crumpled tube. The 400 doesn't seem to care which one and if the great Brushiro doesn't care then neither do I. And I don't

Do a bit of this, do a bit of that, a bit more of this and a little more of that. A good old Abracadabra, pull a rabbit from a hat, saw someone in half and there we have it. A most divine and wondrous shave. A toss of rotting fruit and vegetables and I stand in front of the mirror thinking 'Now that is good'. A splash of Blennheim Bouquet to sweeten up the aroma of a few rotting sprouts and 'Hey presto' a magical bathroom experience. The audience applauded a most resplendent performance.

Thank you, thank you and now for our next act. Some Japanese singing beavers

Last edited:
Tuesday

The Fat
RazoRock BC Silvertip synth 24mm
Face lather
Gillette Old (U.S.A)
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (4)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Flöid Mentally Vigorous

I submitted this just after noticing a few of us have used ye MWF today. Whilst I do like the Wool Fat, I don't think it warrants the near mythical status that it's afforded in certain quarters. A good soap, certainly, and no lathering problems; especially with the BC. But, for me, it doesn't out-perform the likes of OSP, Haslinger (the tallow version), or Phoenix and Beau. Mileage and all that, though.

That said, I had a faultless shave tonight; especially with the assertive Old; and the Gillette Wilky is still holding its own after 4 shaves. I hadn't used the Mentally Vigorous in a while, and it was characteristically bracing...

19C758E9-84A0-4BEC-9B7C-F43E5FDABACE.jpeg

Last edited:
25/02/20

Razor: iKon OSS SB
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)
Brush: Yaqi Giotto 24mm
Soap: T&H Luxury
Pre: Proraso White
ASL: Superdrug Sierran Breeze
ASB: Proraso Blue

IMG_20200225_190044.jpg

A tiny weeper on the chin from lack of concentration but a super smooth finish all over. The iKon has proven herself to be a great razor and one I'm sure I'll frequently reach for.

Tabac Tuesday 25th February

Soap - Tabac
Brush - RazoRock 400 Plissoft Noir
Razor - Rockwell 6C R4
Blade - Vintage English Wilkinson Sword (1)
Post - Tabac Aftershave

One of those shaves that occur only when all the stars are aligned . . .
Excellent Tabac lather and a silky smooth razor/blade pairing - little to no blade feel
BBS and no mistake

Wednesday‌ ‌02.26.20‌ ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0013 - Edited.jpg

RazoRock‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Barba‌ ‌Pre‌ ‌Shave‌ ‌Gel‌ ‌
Pal‌ ‌Personna‌ ‌Super‌ ‌Stainless‌ ‌“Star‌ ‌Trek‌ ‌Razor”‌ ‌
NOS‌ ‌Pal‌ ‌Hollow‌ ‌Ground‌ ‌Injector‌ ‌Blade‌ ‌(3)‌ ‌
Yaqi‌ ‌Ruby‌ ‌Handle‌ ‌24mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger‌ ‌
RazoRock‌ ‌XXX‌ ‌Italian‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌ ‌
Old‌ ‌Spice‌ ‌Cologne‌ ‌Original‌

DSCF0014 - Edited.jpg

Back
Top Bottom