SOTD: Saturday 22th to Friday 28th of 2020

22/02/2020
Pre: Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush: Vintage Vulfix Service #3 1950's
Soap: OSP Neroli
Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Tony'schin's Neroli & Orange infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Tony'schin's Neroli & Orange infused Argan Oil
Aftershave: OSP Neroli / Copycat Just Neroli

View attachment 51629

Thanks to @Burgundy i have adopted a Blackland Blackbird SB & OC for what i thought was a very reasonable fee. I always fancied one but was put off because i found the "Dart" a bit wild.
1st up for the Blackland family Party is the Blackbird SB fitted with a 3 shave Astra SP. I had a really slick lather from the OSP so was feeling pretty confident.
The first couple of strokes i could tell there was some blade feel, however, this is very manageable, i found a comfortable angle almost immediately.
Yes, i gave the razor the respect it deserved and held it very gently actually just supporting its weight, the 1st pass was very good, probably DFS standard.
I completed a 2nd pass and used XTG & ATG where required, Finished, what a close comfortable shave. Happy Bunny.
View attachment 51631WARNING - @RussellR5555View attachment 51631
Close your nose

My post shave routine was all Neroli, Starting with my infused witch hazel, then Argan oil rub, then OSP Splash, then Copycat Just Neroli, if i could have put a bit more Neroli on i would have. Get it on.

I enjoyed that, Sorry Russ

Enjoy your shaves All.
Ha Ha , you can add some Macca Root and really stink the place up :)

Saturday, 22 February 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water, most from the boiled kettle some from the tap
Cream: OSP Vintage
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Astra Platinum (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: GFT Eucris

A fine three-pass shave. Eucris seems to be becoming my Saturday fragrance of choice—could be worse, I suppose. Have a good remainder of weekend, folks.

Nice,simple,clean, efficient shave. The Fat, a proper badger brush, OC razor, good show!
RR Hawk V2
Proline P-30
Omega boar
Clubman Shave Cream
Nivea post shave balm
Clubman Lilac Vegetal aftershave
View attachment 51632
The Veg. Possibly, my favorite aftershave. Here in the states, every shave site I joined (and ultimately quit) would
say this a/s smelled like cat pee or urinal pucks or incontinent old people. People said ‘I put a drop on my wrist
and stunk up my house for days!' That was usually followed by a pic of a cat or the bottle in kitty litter.
Grown men making pee jokes.
Just another example of our razor sharp, rapier wit. People were not always like this.
I don't know what the hell happened to this country. Maybe it was the fluoride in the water.
I got lucky, I only drink coffee, tea, beer, or whiskey.

The Veg. Possibly, my favorite aftershave. Here in the states, every shave site I joined (and ultimately quit) would
say this a/s smelled like cat pee or urinal pucks or incontinent old people. People said ‘I put a drop on my wrist
and stunk up my house for days!' That was usually followed by a pic of a cat or the bottle in kitty litter.
Grown men making pee jokes.
Just another example of our razor sharp, rapier wit. People were not always like this.
I don't know what the hell happened to this country. Maybe it was the fluoride in the water.
I got lucky, I only drink coffee, tea, beer, or whiskey.
Now gents, I don't want to sound like I'm bashing my country.
We actually have a lot of fine, decent, intelligent people here.
We call them foreigners .

Prep: Myrsol Masaje Antesol
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Brush: Leonidam Venator
Soap: SÄ“'bÅ­m Gold
Razor: Paradigm 17-4
Blade: Kai
AS: SÄ“'bÅ­m Gold

AAFD6-DFD-3-EA6-4342-8-CD4-A64-CAB02-BF22.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Sat 22 on the road SOTD
Soap Suezbana Aloe & Lavender
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake Badger
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Gillette Nacet 5th use
Postshave Alum + Thayers Lemon
Aftershave Clubman GentsGin
Face lather...excellent result! Rich thick and slick lather enough for 4pass.
Razor and blade pairing was excellent!! Sharp but nicely smooth. Really comfortable manoeuvring the razor around.
3+1pass. Wtg then xtg/atg then xtg/atg and last an angle xtg pickup underjawline. BBS result and no weepers!
Rating today 10/10 enjoyable workday shave! Vintage razor is fantastic!
20200222_070019.jpg
20200222_073059.jpg

Date:- 23 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

SOTD : 23rd February 2020.

n.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush: Omega 10051.

Bowl Lather.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Uber/Frankensoap/Superlather : Scottish Fine + Williams Mug Shaving Soap + 3P Croap. (Sample)

Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (2)

Razor: Weishi 2.0 adjustable TTO. (Settings) wtg 5, xtg 6, atg + pick ups 7.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Williams ~ Aqua velva ASL. (Spanish Version)

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday morning shave..

I only added two almond size scoops of the 3P Croap Sample to the mixing bowl mixed together with the Frankensoap created an another wonderful cushioned protective slick superlather in a short space of time leaving a superb post shave feel.

The Weishi Adjustable paired together excellently with the dorco P.P. Blade making a efficient duo.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Sun On the road SOTD....
Soap Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay + Red Nubs Bowl
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor 1 Gillette New LC with Nacet Super Stainless
Razor 2 Gillette Rocket HD with Gillette Super Nacet Platinum
Post shave Alum+Thayers Lemon
Aftershave Clubman GentsGin

Found old looking but interesting Gillette Nacet blades locally after during my usual blade hunts after work...
New LC for left side of my face while Rocket will go on my right
Want to try both as I just bought 1 tuck each and not sure if it's genuine. Since I have limited time...I try both so can go back and get more.
Lather was excellent...always from this nubs bowl
Both Razors and Blades pairing was good!! Sharpish with nice smoothness . 3+1pass. Wtg then xtg/atg then xtg/atg and last an angle xtg pickup underjawline. BBS result and no weepers...or so I thought...until 5mins later some bleeding. Very strange.
Rating today 9/10 enjoyable experimental shave! Vintage razor is fantastic! The blades are good. Went and bought more.
20200223_113229.jpg
20200223_143929.jpg

Back
Top Bottom