SOTD : Saturday 21st August to Friday 27th August 2021

Saturday 21st August

AM-JKLV5lT79IEBVx9EWVR_kddCd7B1dtbW6OwFjBFX1RaCZLaFmoW23zbXO64szUBjQoWWgYwYHpq2ES7YbMi3XfycSjlbJ2NTMJSGuED1ZcIRXo7jiIgFyW-QWnpvm9wGWgSWANRWC6Ji8LKfYXQg5EiV8qQ=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
OSP Sandalwood Shaving Soap
RazoRock 400 Butterscotch w/Omega Boar 28mm
Gillette Single Ring (1906)
Treet Falcon (Carbon) (1)
Floid (Black) Aftershave

Switching out the last week of lathering with OSP Sandalwood Shaving Cream for the Shaving Soap, frothed up with a massive boar and enjoying my maiden voyage with the Gillette Single Ring.

Yeah, I've owned Gillette Old Type razors in the past, but they've either been the thicker capped single ring from the 1910s or the Brownie from the 1920s, unless they're the same. I like Gillette New Types and I like Gillette Techs. I let my Gillette Old Types go ... but this single ring caught my eye and I'm glad I bought it.

I wanted the shave to have an old-fashioned feeling and so went for a carbon steel blade. As it happens, the razor did come with a vintage Gillette Blue, date coded P4 which is 1946 which looks to be in good enough condition to use, but I chickened out and went with a Treet. I picked the Falcon, largely because it has retro-graphics and kinda feels like a 1940s or 1950s blade. Sure, several decades after the razor was made, but given that Gillette Blue was in the case, I think then that it was last used in the 1940s and that felt quite nice.

The Falcon is not up there with the DuraSharp; more akin to the Classic. In fact, the Classic could well be the Falcon with refreshed packaging. It's a simple, no-frills carbon steel blade which shaves and lets the character of the razor let itself be known. I clicked with the razor quite happily and with no score lines in the lather knew I had the angle just right. Single pass with a handful of slides against the grain to pick up some difficult areas.

mkovb.jpg

Last edited:
Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Timor
Brush = The Darn Robb 24mm Boar
Soap = Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille with matching splash
Balm = Australian Bodycare Tea Tree

Loved everything about this shave except the blade,
not my favourite in fact not that good at all.
I last used it around 12 months ago and thought i would have another go but not for me.
Normally for me i would rate a blade by the way it cuts on the nape of the neck when shaving XTG.
Mind you it wasn’t the best blade in the world
so i’ll give it another go before i decide it’s fatal future lol.
The Brush still not fully broken in but getting there nicely,
i’m in no hurry to stick it in the fridge with cold water & all that carry on,
I’m happy plodding along using it until it’s ready.
Stay Safe Boys this Delta variant is a bu33er

C284AF45-5855-491A-930A-D398117F8ADC.jpeg

7F24B3B5-B253-43CA-8590-78740BCB2F1A.jpeg
Prep: Shower.

Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 3.

Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia.

Razor: Homelike Start

Blade: Astra SP

I was away again for the night, so kept it simple and was rewarded with a lovely smooth shave. I am becoming more dubious about the PAA cubes benefits with my better soaps and this is still one of the best I have found. The Homelike Start despite being a candidate for selling on, has on my last few shaves just performed brilliantly! Hence refusing to allow me to let it leave the den!

Sun 22 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Pumpkin Spice
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Henckel Friodur 472
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Clubman Brandy Spice
Nice, creamy, slick & delicious scented lather from the soap.
This shave with the razor after a 2nd full-pasted balsa progression was better. The edge was still smooth, comfortable, and woooo, sharper! I really like this razor edge material...feels and sounds great! Managed a ccs to sas finish in 3+passes.
20210822_100230.jpg

SOTD : 22nd August 2021.

10.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap. (no.2)
Blade: Mers SuperShave X Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 34c.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils +3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling PSB./Denim Original EdT.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Second outing of the HWF lanolin shaving soap (no.2) with Tea Tree & Lavender essential oils which created a excellent lather leaving my face feeling wonderfully smooth with the aid from the lanolin of which my mature rhino skin loves.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfort shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Denim Original EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

22/08/21
Going to run with a few adjustable's to finish off the Month
I will be using a new Timor blade in each of them. The Proraso Red is also going to be used throughout.

Wk34 (1).JPG

1st up the wonderful Rex
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best
Soap - Proraso Red
Razor - Rex Ambassador Adjustable
Blade - Timor Stainless (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - BartsBalm Tester B
A/S - Proraso Red

Wk34 (2).JPG
Stay safe and enjoy your Day All.

Oh! The Fatboy pass-around is still looking for its next trip, read the rules and add your name to the list.
https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/pass-around-fatboy.690/

Last edited:
22/08/21
Going to run with a few adjustable's to finish off the Month
I will be using a new Timor blade in each of them. The Proraso Red is also going to be used throughout.

View attachment 75754

1st up the wonderful Rex
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water Face wash
Brush - Simpson Duke 3 Best
Soap - Proraso Red
Razor - Rex Ambassador Adjustable
Blade - Timor Stainless (1)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - BartsBalm Tester B
A/S - Proraso Red

View attachment 75753
Stay safe and enjoy your Day All.

Oh! The Fatboy pass-around is still looking for its next trip, read the rules and add your name to the list.
https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/pass-around-fatboy.690/
Is your brush OK Tony - it looks a bit stiff??

SOTD 22-Aug
DSC02131 (1).jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H Fanchurian
Soap: (DG, Mammoth, Noble Otter) Cerberus
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Minora (2)

Ignore the pic of the EDP, decided to skip it but I had already snapped it. It was quite strong just from the soap and splash and wanted to test the waters with the Mrs just in case it set off her hay-fever.

I love the DG soap base, lathers up easily and performs well. The scent is tricky for me, even more so because I have nothing like it for comparison. I got a heavy fruit type scent off the soap, odd way to describe it but I would call it thick. Pleasant but I was a little concerned as it was very strong, it mellowed a lot when it went on, which I was grateful for, and in the end is very nice. I think I could get sandalwood at the back end, but I wasn't totally sure. The shave was a couple of hours ago and I can still smell it, so longevity is good even though I didn't use the EDP this time around.

I wouldn't use it daily, but for going out on an evening or occasional trips to work it will definitely be put to use.

Haven't had the time to get proper feedback from the other half but she said she liked it. I'll actually give her the soap later and she can tell me what she gets from it.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom