Best Regards
Marco

Sat 21st August

Stirling Syn. 26mm
MWF
Occams Oren - 3dot plate
Feather Proguard [ 4 ]
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Perhaps I am lucky but I have never had a problem lathering MWF, a dampened brush whips up a lather in no time. A very pleasant trouble free Shave, with an excellent close all round finish.

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_20210821_114503.jpg

21/8/21

Soap - Eco Warrior Shaving Bar
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 24mm
Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Polish Polsilver Stainless (12)
Post - Superdrug Sierran Breeze

First time using the ECO shaving bar, and it produces a delightful lather for sure, in terms of performance it might be one of the better vegan shaving soap lathers I have come across, it's got a fairly decent amount of cushion, but it's a very slick one, it can take a lot of water without falling apart as well. For the price it costs, I genuinely can't think of a better bargain in wet shaving.
One small downside though, I picked up a little irritation during the shave from the lather, which I think is down to the fragrance oil used, I seem to have a had a few problems with citrus scented shaving soaps/creams before. I've had occasions when it's taken my skin a few uses to acclimatize to particular new soaps (shaving soap or bath) so I will give this particular shaving soap another go to see if it's one I can use on a regular basis, otherwise it will go into the PIF pile.

Onto the shave, really impressed with the Gillette Rocket, it's incredibly smooth and comfortable, seemed to give new life to the Polsilver, and the blade was gliding across my face, maybe that was down to the great lather as well. One of the best 2 and a half pass shave I've had for a while, really superb.

Finished the shave with the Superdrug Sierran Breeze splash, in keeping with the citrus theme.

Have a good Saturday chaps.

View attachment 75700

21/8/21

Soap - Eco Warrior Shaving Bar
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 24mm
Razor - Gillette Rocket
Blade - Polish Polsilver Stainless (12)
Post - Superdrug Sierran Breeze

First time using the ECO shaving bar, and it produces a delightful lather for sure, in terms of performance it might be one of the better vegan shaving soap lathers I have come across, it's got a fairly decent amount of cushion, but it's a very slick one, it can take a lot of water without falling apart as well. For the price it costs, I genuinely can't think of a better bargain in wet shaving.
One small downside though, I picked up a little irritation during the shave from the lather, which I think is down to the fragrance oil used, I seem to have a had a few problems with citrus scented shaving soaps/creams before. I've had occasions when it's taken my skin a few uses to acclimatize to particular new soaps (shaving soap or bath) so I will give this particular shaving soap another go to see if it's one I can use on a regular basis, otherwise it will go into the PIF pile.

Onto the shave, really impressed with the Gillette Rocket, it's incredibly smooth and comfortable, seemed to give new life to the Polsilver, and the blade was gliding across my face, maybe that was down to the great lather as well. One of the best 2 and a half pass shave I've had for a while, really superb.

Finished the shave with the Superdrug Sierran Breeze splash, in keeping with the citrus theme.

Have a good Saturday chaps.
Agree on the performance @donnie_arko . I discontinued use of this after getting some irritation too - odd as I normally like a bit of citrus. And value-wise, I'll stick with my Mogno as the leader in that field.

Saturday AM 2021-08-21
World Fashion Day
q7EfQza.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XL Porcelain Finest (30/52)
Penhaligon's Castile shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm 17-4/Triad Aristocrat Black
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (7)
Penhaligon's Castile aftershave (vintage)

What a wonderful shave. The brush is one of my favorites, the cream made perfect lather, and the Paradigm brought out the best in the Personna blade. The aftershave finished everything beautifully. I just wish Penhaligon's had made a tallow soap with the same scent.
CKjdEYW.jpg

Back
Top Bottom