SOTD : Saturday 20th February to Friday 26th February 2021

krwzEI0.jpg

I gotta stop using all this British crap as I am starting to crave spotted dick as a result. o_O

:ROFLMAO:
Don't forget to "light up a fag" when you're done. :oops:

Thu 25th SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor Fatip OC Slant on Yaqi Handle
Blade KAI 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Gatsby Splash
Excellent soap! Nice leathery tobacco scent and creamy slick lather! Love this (5.5/10 strength) masculine scent!
FOCS razor on the Yaqi handle feels better and paired with the blade gives a fantastic shave!! Crisply smooth and so comfortable for 3passes for a mostly bbs result. Good blade + good razor = Great combo!
20210224_225739.jpg
20210225_072746.jpg

SOTD : 25th February 2021.

52.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Anbbas Boar.
Face Lather.
Frankensoap : Pears Transparent bar Soap + Wilkinson Sword Soap bowl.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (3)
Razor: Ever-Ready 1912. (UK)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ASL./Baylis & Harding ~ Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

Greetings,

Finishing my shaving week off in style with my much loved ER 1912 (UK) which performed wonderfully cutting through my stubble effortlessly...This is the most visually attractive in my small Ever-Ready SE razor collection, The Art Deco style handle is Stunning.

What more can I say about these remarkable razors. The shave was fantastic...When ever i use my vintage razors I feel as though I'am using a proper shaving tool when shaving with them. I have such love and respect for these wonderful vintage shaving tools.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Baylis & Harding ~ Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
154292218_3482702778523930_8106830573945526963_n.jpg

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno
Brush: Shaving Factory Bristle xs
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Perma Sharp (3)

Well, I thought I'd better get a Mogno SOTD picture out of the way before all the late-to-the-party goalhangers turn this page into the shaving equivalent of Facebook on the kids' first day back in school ;)
As the Parker's become my regular driver it made sense to give the Perma Sharp a try with it. The blade definitely performs well with it, but I did get a little neck nick as it wasn't as smooth as yesterday. Alum soon sorted that, and the Brut was a bracing finish. Time to go and have a play and select another new blade to try, and retire the Perma Sharp - the rest of the tuck will remain the "keep" box though :giggle:

View attachment 65418

Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno
Brush: Shaving Factory Bristle xs
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Perma Sharp (3)

Well, I thought I'd better get a Mogno SOTD picture out of the way before all the late-to-the-party goalhangers turn this page into the shaving equivalent of Facebook on the kids' first day back in school ;)
As the Parker's become my regular driver it made sense to give the Perma Sharp a try with it. The blade definitely performs well with it, but I did get a little neck nick as it wasn't as smooth as yesterday. Alum soon sorted that, and the Brut was a bracing finish. Time to go and have a play and select another new blade to try, and retire the Perma Sharp - the rest of the tuck will remain the "keep" box though :giggle:
So, what's your feedback on the Ach Britto soap?

So, what's your feedback on the Ach Britto soap?
@Blademonkey , Hi Paul. Love it, love it, love it :love: I've pasted my review from when I first bought it below:
What is there to say about the Mogno? It's bath-soap sized, rectangular and comes in a cardboard box. @Paul L 's description of "pleasantly masculine" is apt -it's very pleasant and it is as basic as it comes.
I've tried it out both in an Arko "rub it on the face" way, and a lather off the puck method. I've come to the conclusion I'm not a bowl fan, and the Yaqi worked perfectly for both methods I used. This is without doubt one of the nicest face-feels I've had from a lather (albeit in my limited experience) and the ease with which this lathered up was incredible. Smooth as anything, great post-shave feel - incredible.
Without wishing to exaggerate or resort to hyperbole (oh, who am I kidding ;)), if it were not for the fact that we are all Design Divas and Scent Whores, the Mogno should be the best-selling soap out there. A soap that does the job this well, smells this good and costs under a fiver? No-brainer. It's now firmly in my rotation.

@Blademonkey , Hi Paul. Love it, love it, love it :love: I've pasted my review from when I first bought it below:
What is there to say about the Mogno? It's bath-soap sized, rectangular and comes in a cardboard box. @Paul L 's description of "pleasantly masculine" is apt -it's very pleasant and it is as basic as it comes.
I've tried it out both in an Arko "rub it on the face" way, and a lather off the puck method. I've come to the conclusion I'm not a bowl fan, and the Yaqi worked perfectly for both methods I used. This is without doubt one of the nicest face-feels I've had from a lather (albeit in my limited experience) and the ease with which this lathered up was incredible. Smooth as anything, great post-shave feel - incredible.
Without wishing to exaggerate or resort to hyperbole (oh, who am I kidding ;)), if it were not for the fact that we are all Design Divas and Scent Whores, the Mogno should be the best-selling soap out there. A soap that does the job this well, smells this good and costs under a fiver? No-brainer. It's now firmly in my rotation.
Nice one!
I should be receiving mine in the post today, tomorrow latest! :)

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom