SOTD : Saturday 20th February to Friday 26th February 2021

Hahahaha....many thanks for your compliments!:LOL: It's a trade secret... ;)
Nah...it's just for the sake of fun and enjoyment...:):)
It's this stuff isn't it? :p

1985980f-548c-37d7-4e9b-f4d64c5a930c.jpg

20210202_112150.jpg
SOTW - 4 for Feb
Brush - The Mop - Razorock Monster 26mm Plissoft - won't be using this again.
Soap - PAA John Frum - in my Top 3. Super slick, easy to obtain a lather and a complex but great scent.
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H1 - ascending, descending settings then 3 then 4. Smooth, solid, nimble and dependable and 60 years old to boot.
Blade - Gillette London Bridge - first shave was weepers galore, but subsequent 3 shaves smoothed out. Very sharp but more forgiving than the Gillette Super Blue I feel. I'll revisit both however.
Post - Boots Freshwood ASL and balm. Great scent, compliments soap and luxurious post shave feel.
Stay safe people and enjoy your shaves

B3BB7119-A9FD-48F8-BA8F-43C58AA2D786.jpeg
Pre; hot towel to the face, bluebeards revenge preshave oil
Brush; Wilkinson sword classic (fits better in tiny bowl I was using)
Soap: wickham soap co 1912 magnum
Razor: ever ready
Blade: Gem

what a shave! DFS guaranteed without much effort.
Soap has amazing smell and definitely performs well. But the star of the show was the razor and blade! Im very positively impressed, such an effortless shave and oh so audible! Loved it!
Couple days worth of stubble taken without much effort, sound of hair getting cut was so loud , and just insanely effortless shave!
I definitely want one of those razors for myself! Should manage to get 2 more shaves with it before it has to be passed on to the next person!

Slight feedback from alum in places, and finished off with nice smelling brut - feels like it does compliment the magnum well to my nose at least!

definitely was one of my best shaves up to date, and guaranteed most effortless

Wednesday 24th February

ACtC-3fvD_PRoMyqkwocU6aLRzTafFZTv4c8bX7xsp1PAuunfjQGRJepDxK0E__UDeqm1YU93reQZi5s4UDalbdAp2WAZphINnQ9VfG0xaBfp3maPswGFt35ISYDi5bEH8ls1eg5v7MQsCm6NzMRcN6uEU8CIw=s800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Wickham 1912 Frankincense Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Butterscotch (Boar)
Muhle Rocca R96
Zorrik Supreme (2)
Aramis Aramis

ACtC-3cuLho_q_g_Vhcmny8I5KDzFxcy-AExMOOGy2f9MZgWBY9wAj6TuDOjRCAd0SsEtlb5bzd3uizR1VKo2ZfY3mw9bcCmTgj53GtQK-fRWGxpYK_LYDjr95jqBXaw63gmXc2ljtE9MNs8eRkSDqx0W11cnw=w300

I tend to find Chromium blades to be very neutral, by which I mean they're sharp, keen and smooth but utterly forgettable otherwise ... pure vanilla! Another such shave from this blade this evening, clean-shaven in one pass, no irritation, no issues.

Last edited:
Wednesday AM 2021-02-24
National Inconvenience Yourself Day
TJiNzZC.jpg

Rooney 3/2 Ebony Finest (24/54)
Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood shaving cream (vintage)
Schick Krona
Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Ethos Grooming Mysore Santal aftershave

I really love the Mysore fragrance. The lather was wonderful, thick, rich, and slick, and the aftershave splash was very soothing.
fI1vREe.jpg

L1030573s.JPG

I’ve just enjoyed my first shave with the Weishi 3609-C, the gun metal variant. While shaving I was mentally comparing it to my Gillette Super Speed, upon which it’s based and the Baili BD-179, its slightly larger, chunkier cousin.

Paired with a Feather, the Weishi, is noticeably more efficient than either. I was able to obtain a BBS shave after three passes and the results were very good, no pick ups needed. It worked a treat close under the nose and in my philtrum. While it wasn’t necessarily the smoothest ever shave, it was efficient and I suffered no irritation afterwards. I needn't have reached for the Lucky Tiger but it's a joy in itself.

It's still astonishing to realise that this cost me less than £6, including postage, to have this shipped to the UK from an AliExpress seller in Singapore. It's simply outstanding that such a well built and perfectly functioning razor can be sold for that little.

The other thing I learnt during this shave is that the Chubby 3 demands a lot of soap, a lot! I didn’t give it nearly enough Iced Pineapple until half way through, when insipid lather meant I had to revisit the puck. After that we had lather lift off. I’d forgotten that the Iced Pineapple contains menthol. I remembered when rinsing with cold water. Oh yes, I remembered.

Razors: Weishi 3609-C
Blade: Feather (2)
Soap: Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush: Simpson’s Chubby 3 BB
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Lucky Tiger Tonic
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves.

Wednesday 24th Feb

• RazoRock Caribbean Holiday
• Simpson Trafalgar T3
• RazoRock Hawk V3-A
• Kai Pink
• Lynx Dark Temptation

My tub of Caribbean Holiday soap has been in a drawer unused for well over a year, maybe two. The scent seems to have diminished a little, but performance was excellent. The Simpson synthetic whipped it up a treat.
I'm still enjoying using the Hawk - the A plate holds no fear for me in the slightest - paired with a Kai Pink blade it's silky smooth, and gets the job done with very minimal blade feel.
BBS result with zero irritation - this is by far the best razor I've owned . . . . Would I sell my Timeless razors in favour of the Hawk? . . . I don't think so - they all have their merits.
Finished with Dark Temptation Aftershave - it compliments the soap very nicely

Now there's a bunch of blokes who know naff all about having a decent shave

Ahem. This evening's presentation from SOTD productions featured a shave themed 'Hocus Krokos'

IMG_20210224_204902.jpg

By slight of hand - Brass Colonial General
Magical illusion - Schick Proline
Hocus - Wee whisky barrel
Pocus - Krokos Abbate y La Mantia
Pocahontas - Krokos Abbate y La Mantia aftershave

Please note this shave contained no Teddy bears

A first time out with the new Krokos which arrived on the doorstep this morning. Firstly the packaging oozes quality in itself and one hopes that the contents are very much the equal. Certainly the lovely glass jar adds to the inquisitiveness.

The soap itself is not quite hard and yet not quite a croap. A kind of soft but hard. A bit like brewers droop. Easily picked up by the super Groom Room brush and I soon learnt I'd overdone the quantity and a bowl of lather I could bathe in. An odd sort of gold colour which on the face looks like one has just received the midas touch. Which is more than I can ever get from Mrs Satanfriendly, although she does a good line in extracting gold.

But shit, this is one super soap. Glide, hydration, great residual qualities and a wonderful oriental scent with organic overtones. Add to that the scent goes well beyond the shave itself and things are looking (and smelling) good.

It isn't particularly cheap but much in the mould of MdC it starts to become good value when you realise how a little goes a long way. It is very much a pamper item, but one I am extremely happy to have in the collection. A top drawer soap together with the likes of MdC, Signature Soaps, Extro and other quality shaving mediums.

Highly recommended from this end for something different.

The aftershave splash just throws me in to a heady dream. So impressed by the scent I know what my next EDC is.

The razor just adds to the whole quality experience and @Paul L if you are wondering where after the Hawk then the brass General is a good starting point. Honestly, it just gets better.

A real bit of me time thoroughly enjoyed at the end of a busy kind of day.

By the time I get this developed and printed I should have you on Facebook within, say, the next three months.

What the fuck is Facebook?

So from oriental scents and over to some oriental girls and the wonderful Trident. Enjoy as much as I have this evening's shave

Now there's a bunch of blokes who know naff all about having a decent shave

Ahem. This evening's presentation from SOTD productions featured a shave themed 'Hocus Krokos'

View attachment 65384

By slight of hand - Brass Colonial General
Magical illusion - Schick Proline
Hocus - Wee whisky barrel
Pocus - Krokos Abbate y La Mantia
Pocahontas - Krokos Abbate y La Mantia aftershave

Please note this shave contained no Teddy bears

A first time out with the new Krokos which arrived on the doorstep this morning. Firstly the packaging oozes quality in itself and one hopes that the contents are very much the equal. Certainly the lovely glass jar adds to the inquisitiveness.

The soap itself is not quite hard and yet not quite a croap. A kind of soft but hard. A bit like brewers droop. Easily picked up by the super Groom Room brush and I soon learnt I'd overdone the quantity and a bowl of lather I could bathe in. An odd sort of gold colour which on the face looks like one has just received the midas touch. Which is more than I can ever get from Mrs Satanfriendly, although she does a good line in extracting gold.

But shit, this is one super soap. Glide, hydration, great residual qualities and a wonderful oriental scent with organic overtones. Add to that the scent goes well beyond the shave itself and things are looking (and smelling) good.

It isn't particularly cheap but much in the mould of MdC it starts to become good value when you realise how a little goes a long way. It is very much a pamper item, but one I am extremely happy to have in the collection. A top drawer soap together with the likes of MdC, Signature Soaps, Extro and other quality shaving mediums.

Highly recommended from this end for something different.

The aftershave splash just throws me in to a heady dream. So impressed by the scent I know what my next EDC is.

The razor just adds to the whole quality experience and @Paul L if you are wondering where after the Hawk then the brass General is a good starting point. Honestly, it just gets better.

A real bit of me time thoroughly enjoyed at the end of a busy kind of day.

By the time I get this developed and printed I should have you on Facebook within, say, the next three months.

So from oriental scents and over to some oriental girls and the wonderful Trident. Enjoy as much as I have this evening's shave

I'm pleased you enjoyed the soap as much as I do, I should have said a little goes a long way, my bad! :)

Paul

Back
Top Bottom