SOTD: Saturday 20 January - Friday 26 January 2024.

SOTD Monday 23 January 2024

Pre-shave:
Hot shower - cold tar soap - followed by cold water splash, Zing Organics 'Smoothie' Facial Serum + Beard Oil in Cannabis Flower with Cedarwood and Green Mandarin.
Soap: Signature Capra.
Brush: Simpsons 2 - Best Badger.
Razor: Seygus Zepplin V2 (SS) 0.5/0.7.
Blade: Treet 7 Days platinum (1).
Post: Cold water splash, Musgo Real No.1 Orange Amber Cologne.

View attachment 116061

Belated happy new year to all, a resolution for me for 2024 is to make more time to post more regularly.

A super late evening shave; the Signature Capra was just the ticket - a day in the house with central heating - dryish skin - feels beautifully smooth after lathering up. The Treet 7 was super smooth in the Seygus Zepplin. 0.7 for the first WTG pass with the 0.5 for the second XTG pass.

No issues to report and a lovely BBS finish. Skin feels amazing; a splash of Musgo orange with a very pleasant tingle told me this was an excellent shave.

Hope everyone is well,

All the best,

Chris
Cheers Chris
Best Regards, Brian

SOTD 24-Jan
20240122_115033 (2).jpg
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: WK Italian Holiday
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: Personna Comfort

Quite liking this week long setup gig, there's something nice in actually being able to see a soap go down a notch or two rather than cycling through a myriad of gear and never seeing a difference. I mean there are other benefits as well in being able to really get to grips with a setup, so that's an added bonus.

I also picked up some of the comfort coated blades (lab blue I believe), honestly I don't know why I do this to myself. I know there are those amongst you who can tell but with the exception of feathers I don't think my face is sensitive enough to be able to tell much of a difference. Even with the feathers it's likely psychological for me and I probably wouldn't pass a blind test. It's only when a blade is on its last legs do I go 'yep that's had enough', which is the case here at 4 shaves. That being said it still did a decent enough job, just a slight bit of tingling on the neck.

Smooth sailing and smelling good, hope everyone has a grand one.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 24/01/2024

Razor: Schick Injector I2 Eversharp Hydromagic
Blade: Schick Injector, 10th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice Cream
Balm: Proraso Wood & Spice Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: cold water

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Wednesday 24th January
Ever Ready Streamline - GEM Stainless #5 - Virginia Sheng Purtech - Arran Lochranza - Brut Original AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000017287-01.jpg

20240123_184133.jpg

Shave today consisted of...

Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap GFT Eucris.
Razors Charcoal Goods Brass Stinger and Raz=r
Blade 7 o'clock Green.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Ultra Male.
Moisturiser Dove Men + Care.

Not the best shave today and it was all down to the awful blade, I have now put it in the bin as it's definitely no longer fit for purpose, I wonder if it was just a dud from the start hence why yesterday's shave was not the best either.
Not even my beloved Stinger could raise it from the dead.
Upside is I enjoyed the Eucris and the Dove is actually very good.
Have a great day ahead everyone.

24 January

Wickham 1912 Magnum
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

D960CF32-3190-4498-A860-B4B7A5FF1DB7.jpeg
Superb lather. Superb shave. I must admit that the Blackland Blackbird is pretty much a favourite razor at the moment. The shaves are consistently comfortable and close and the Treet blade compliments it well.

7FivkpY.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Kent BLK8 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Abbate y La Mantia Krokos
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Aussie Spoiler (9)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Phoenix & Beau Albion Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Abbate y La Mantia Krokos EdC

24/01/24
Pre - Shower
Brush - Vintage Culmak Junior - Pure Bristle
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Gillette Single Ring #663851 (1906)
Blade - Astra SP Green
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk 4 (5).jpg
I had a rake for my single ring(s) today and found 3, 1 does have some teeth missing and i do believe i was going to make a Half blade SE from it, still not sure.
These are cracking little razors and today i was clean and smooth from 2 passes and some touch up.
Still some Spice road left.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom