SOTD: Saturday 20 January - Friday 26 January 2024.

22 January

PAA Future Fiction
Blackland Signature
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Treet Platinum
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

65AB058B-EF2F-4B57-9337-7CF67394EB45.jpeg
A top class shave on a dull and rainy day in between storms. The Blackbird is fabulous with the Treet blade and the PAA CK-6 formula never fails to perform. Good stuff.

20240122_194652.jpg
Shave today consisted of...

Prep Hot shower with Signature soaps shower scrub.
Brush Highlander LE2023 Boar.
Soap Once upon a time.
Razors 7 o'clock open comb.
Blade 7 o'clock Green.
Aftershave Once upon a time.
Moisturiser Dove Men + Care.

After reading the interesting post on the forum about the 7 o'clock razors I thought I would shave today with a 7 o'clock theme using my razor that's been taken back to it's brass layer.
An interesting shave and I had a nice close shave today but also kniw why it doesn't make a mire regular appearance in my rotation.
It just feels a little too mild for me and I just enjoy shaving with some of my other razors more. This does not mean it's a bad razor, just not my favourite.
The Dove I brought for 99p and I am after a fast drying moisturiser, early days yet to tell if it's any good but can keep you updated.
As per I am so good looking now, I leave my own reflection in awe of me.

Have an amazing day ahead everyone.
Sexy Sizzle GIF by Philips Norelco

Tuesday 23 January
Just got hold of a LEAF Thorn after reading @LeeMaz recent glowing report. I have had a Twig for a while but but it is too mild for me so gets little use and it will be moved on. It would make a great head or body shaver though I guess.
The Thorn impressed me as a very fine razor indeed. Not too aggressive but still needs a light touch for best results and it can bite if care isn’t taken. However, it easily delivered a close to bbs finish in one pass. A little bit of pick up and job done. Definitely a keeper Lee!

Have an enjoyable day fellas!

View attachment 116033
Yep I loved the original it was just a tad too mild for me. The Thorn just seemed just right and less souless it had slightly more feedback and skill required. Glad you like it!

23/01/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Erasmic 26mm Shavers delight Tuxedo knot
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Karve Stainless C - SB
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk 4 (4).jpg
A new blade today and a better performance.
Enjoy your day all.

Tues 23rd January
Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
OSP Bay Rum
Claymore Evolution original
Feather Pro ( 4 )
Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

This early production Claymation Evo may be restricted to using Feather blades, but it does deliver an excellent Shave. The OSP soap is rather ancient but still lathers well and retains its scent. Dug this old school A/S lotion out, maybe not as scented as more expensive
offerings, but I enjoyed a light splash to freshen up the skin after the Shave.

IMG_0920.jpeg

Razor = Gillette Slim Twist ( Knack )
Blade = Gillette Nacet ( 3 )
Brush = Unknown Pewter & Blue Glass 22mm Best
Soap = Mike’s Natural Soap
Splash = Myrsol Don Carlos
Balm = Loccitane Cade.
IMG_0596.jpeg
Another brilliant shave by an underrated razor.
Again it’s plastic so no one wants them.
This one was a NOS and it’s a pleasure to use,
Paired with a Nacet it was top class.
I think you could put a nacet in anything with zero issues.
A top top blade & up there with the best.
The brush is a bit of an unknown,
I found it on ebay a couple of years ago.
iv seen plenty since so it’s not rare.
The picture doesn’t really do it justice,
if you get the light right the blue glass behind the pewter looks class.
Mind you after my shave i had to sit down with a coffee & put my arm in a sling it’s that heavy.
something i can see Jeff capes or bear grills using lol
Honestly what a weight,
certainly not an everyday brush.
The soap i hadn’t used in a while.
Rose, Patchouli & Cederwood,
The scent is subtle but the scents all came through,
i’m unsure if these soaps are still obtainable but i could do with a few more if they are.
Onwards & Upwards.
Stay Safe

SOTD Tuesday 23 January 2024

Pre-shave:
Hot shower - cold tar soap - followed by cold water splash, Zing Organics 'Smoothie' Facial Serum + Beard Oil in Cannabis Flower with Cedarwood and Green Mandarin.
Soap: Signature Capra.
Brush: Simpsons 2 - Best Badger.
Razor: Seygus Zepplin V2 (SS) 0.5/0.7.
Blade: Treet 7 Days platinum (1).
Post: Cold water splash, Musgo Real No.1 Orange Amber Cologne.

IMG_0165.jpg

Belated happy new year to all, a resolution for me for 2024 is to make more time to post more regularly.

A super late evening shave; the Signature Capra was just the ticket - a day in the house with central heating - dryish skin - feels beautifully smooth after lathering up. The Treet 7 was super smooth in the Seygus Zepplin. 0.7 for the first WTG pass with the 0.5 for the second XTG pass.

No issues to report and a lovely BBS finish. Skin feels amazing; a splash of Musgo orange with a very pleasant tingle told me this was an excellent shave.

Hope everyone is well,

All the best,

Chris

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom