SOTD: Saturday 20 January - Friday 26 January 2024.

This shave arrives in singular form and hence themed, 'Half a pair'

I was tempted to go down the Abstract artist route, but I am sure I have been there before. Oh, The persistence of memory.

20240125_173836.jpg

A singular melting razor - Ikon B1
The invisible only blade - Wizzamet Super Iridium
Metamorphosis of single brushes - Highlander big Cashmere
The one great moistubator - Pure
The one scent of Saint Anthony - Bath House Cuban Cedar
'Oh. Oooops. Play with your heart strings'

'Your banjo string? Like this?'

A cracking shave over in Yorkshire and always great to use the Signature Wicstun in Wicstun. If only to be rather twee about it all. Fortunately it gets a little bit further than just 'twee' as it happens to be a super soap.

Stick the Ikon in the mix and Thursday evening's shave went the way of the term 'Smashing'. So happy I picked up the guitar, played a few chords and then went to tighten up the banjo string.

Have a most bodacious of days folk

And I do need to finish in the usual manner otherwise this SOTD ain't worth the pixels it utilises.....and a bunch of Japanese girlies also playing with some strings

Friday 26th January
GEM Micromatic OC - GEM Stainless #6 - Highlander TSR LE 2023 - Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime - Williams Aqua Velva AS - Aloe Vera Gel
1000017307-01.jpg

SOTD: 26/01/2024

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Martin De Candre Original Puck
Aftershave: Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Have an enjoyable day!

Friday 26 January

Rotbart Mond Extra oc is a lighter version of the Gillette Single ring I used yesterday. Performs about the same so a nice razor to use with good results, even on a 5th use London Bridge.
Soap was RazoRock Stallion, distinctive attractive scent without a whiff of horses. Brush is hand made spalted beech with synthetic knot.

POETS day, so enjoy fellas!

IMG_0474.jpeg

26 January

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Rockwell 6S (R4)
Feather Hi-Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Kilbreck

BBF17BA1-87A1-4B50-922B-D93F59FC6ED5.jpeg
A excellent, completely comfortable and close two pass shave. Sadly today saw the end of the Ben Kilbreck aftershave balm, but fortunately I have a new glass bottled Ben Nevis ready to take its place :).

Razor = Muhle Rocca
Blade = Suler Iridium ( 1 )
Brush = C&H Cigar V20
Soap = MDC Rose
Splash = Declaration Grooming Mayflower
Balm = Loccitane Cade
IMG_0629.jpegI just checked back & it’s been 2 and a half years since i last used mdc why iv no idea but i have to say im unsure if it’s all that.
The Shave was spot on / first class but that was down to the Rocca & the blade.
I like this mdc but i don’t love it.
if i didn’t use it again it wouldn’t bother me.
Is it all that ????
i don’t know.
Iv had great performing soaps at a third of the price.
Yes this last for 100 years but i’m just not a lover
Perhaps it’s just the Rose i’m not keen on i genuinely don’t know.
All the mdc lovers can’t be wrong.
Anyway French Soap, French Balm & i was going to use my Travel Gibbs then i thought no that ain’t happening my face couldn’t take it.
Never Mind
Onwards & Uowards.

20240126_180223.jpg

Preshave - Pears Transparent Soap
Razor - Karve CB (OC -D)
Blade - Wilkinson Sword
Brush - Highlander TSR LE Walnut and Boar
Lather - Proraso Red
Splash - Superdrug Forest Fresh

Shaves have been a bit rough this week. Odd as this razor is usually very smooth. Could be me (been feeling a bit off) or the blade.

Going to continue with this razor and a Big Ben blade for the rest of the month to see how it goes.

Then I'm going to do a "Fatip February"

Friday 26th January

ABLVV86nZlajwsNElvGZZ9by10gPRG_WwPk9EmeBbcKpH3j4WFvLi-xKXqUE8To347Eu0fMQnbpEZPDMLbpu6Of5woJbM7mmSdEHZYHPzdH209655jB4qb0JOzu3B0rHOUKFi0ac77FhE7dOyzFNJutEzMjc4Q=w800

Captain Fawcett Scapicchio & Yaqi Bali Synthetic 24mm
Gillette Hybrid Tech w/Weber Stainless Handle & London Bridge (1)
Akcay Tobacco Cologne

Highly enjoyable week lathering up with the Seaman Sink Scapicchio which is a somewhat uncoventional Bay Rum scent ... or rather, every other Bay Rum scent is a tad overdone with clove and this one is quite the genuine article. Damn good!

Back
Top Bottom