SOTD : Saturday 20 August - Friday 26 August 2022.

And so a shave with the theme, 'To all you TSR folk'

20220821_203319.jpg

You shavers - Tatara Nodachi
You ravers - Gillette Nacet
You TSR folk - Hive-2
Shaving stroke - Murdock's Avalon
SOTD scrawl - Colegen moisturiser
And just remember
I love you all - ADP Assoluta

'Have a cuppa. Enjoy'

Certainly a shave enjoyed immensely. My day started all shite, but by the end everything seems to have sorted itself out and the shave just rounded it all off nicely. And the six monthly adventure with the Avalon just added to the experience.

Have some Beaver to end on. In fact all 18 minutes of them

Monday 22nd August

Soap • Ach Brito Mogno
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Kai Captain Protouch MG (2)
Post • Insignia Zero Aftershave Splash

Seeing as the weather here had been rather wet this afternoon, I went with an aquatic themed shave.
Mogno soap really has been quite a bargain for around £4 per bar, and it seems to last a long time too.
Always provides ample slick, protective lather with lots of glide.
This Insignia aftershave was a chance purchase at the chemist shop this afternoon while I was having a prescription filled.
It's a blue 'aquatic' type splash, very much akin to Arctic Kinesia - @Digimonkey
For the princely sum of £1 @100ml bottle.
I can feel it hydrating my skin - not at all sticky feeling. A real bargain!
If only the 1986 Insignia aftershaves were still available have you seen how much it fetches on Ebay?

@Burnsy , very best wishes and good luck for Thursday.

@Boycie83 , I have been un-fussed about adding photos of my SOTD's for a long time.
Perhaps 'real life' hinders the enthusiasm sometimes.

I am sure it will return.

I don't feel compelled to post every single shave. Some take me a number of days to complete for a starter. I start writing one up, get detracted, dream up some other shit, do some other shit and before I know it it's a few days old. All more SOSDOA. Shave Of Some Day Or Another.

But still love this place and the folk who frequent it. Including you Mr Boycie
Your posts certainly make my day
i genuinely love reading them.
sometimes the wife will say what are you laughing at
she just wouldn’t understand lol
keep up the great work

346B7096-74DA-401A-84D3-164314F3D888.jpeg
SOTD: 22/08/2022

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur
Blade: Feather Pro, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Stirling Shadow Orchid
Aftershave: Tom Ford Black Orchid EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

First shave while away in the caravan, and it was great. I was worried having sold my Hawk the Excalibur would be a constant disappointment but in actual fact it was a super shave from start to finish, smooth and effortless. The Yaqi boar is slowly breaking in and the firm bristles made a nice change while away in the caravan, it’s a firm bristle but never uncomfortable, just a rub yourself awake brush!
The Stirling was brilliant as ever, and I was able to get a super lather with the brush as I’m off and had the pleasure of that little bit more time.
Enjoy the day/night guys!

dTHlCH2.png

Tuesday 08.23.22
Razor: Yates 921-H Brushed Brass
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super
Brush: Ever-Ready Faux Ivory 18mm Silvertip Badger
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap

SOTD : 23rd August 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap
Brush: Omega 10077.
Face Lather.
Lather: Boots Original Shave Stick.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D3)
Razor: Parker 92R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Boots Freshwood ASL + ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave.

I can't remember the last time i used the Parker 92R, paired together with the Feather Hi Stainless made a smooth, sharp, & efficient duo.

Another shave where everything worked together wonderfully....As always the inexpensive Boots Trio was a joy to use making my early morning shave a pleasurable experience.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
22/08/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1 Best Badger
Soap - Ariana & Evans L'Orange Verte
Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable H3
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 34 (3).JPG
Yesterdays shave, had a bit of an upset stomach yesterday so couldn't be bothered to post.
Anyway a Grande shave was had and it cheered me up a bit.
I hope you all stayed safe and enjoyed yourselves.

SOTD 23-Aug
20220823_072908 (1).jpg
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth'
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: 7 O'Clock SP (3)

Decent enough shave this morning. The blade is dead though, wasn't able to cope as well with the ATG pass, wasn't particularly smooth towards the back end, very slight irritation on the neck. Calmed down nicely enough with the post though.

Well it's the little ones actual birthday today so it was an earlyish rise, nothing so nuts as a party today thankfully so should be chilled enough.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

I'll join those who cba with a photo today, the setup combination not being particularly photogenic as a whole and we all know what they look like individually.

The shave itself was as good as you would expect from these elements though. For a cheap cream, Palmolive punches well above its weight with great slickness, ease of use and pleasant scent.

Wash with LT Magno.
Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Gillette Slim on #5
Phantom Aerolite with the abovementioned Palmolive classic. 3 passes for nearly BBS except under the chin.
Bio oil and Álvarez Gómez AdC concentrada.

Hope your day goes as smooth as my phisog now is.

Back
Top Bottom