SOTD : Saturday 20 August - Friday 26 August 2022.

SOTD : 21st August 2022.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap
Brush: Semogue 1305.
Palm Lather.
Lather: Palmolive Soap Bar.
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Parker 22R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut ASL + Splash-On Lotion./Aloe Vera Gel.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

After seeing the recent post by @BillTse using the Palmolive Soap Bar to shave which made me curious to give it a try so i ventured into the town centre and got a multi pack x 4 from Home Bargains for the grand total of £1!.

Once in a while i use my Pears transparent soap & WS soap bowl Franken-soap which produces a great lather and i have the tried Dove Men care + soap and few other hand/bath bar soaps which all have worked with acceptable results with no risk of irritation or drying out my skin.

Regardless to the shaving soap or cream i use for my shaves i always use post shave applications which are a tonic for my mature rhino skin type.

I have a fondness for both the Palmolive classic Shave stick & shaving cream, hence my forum name and was also curious as to how close the Palmolive bar soap scent was to the Palmolive stick & cream.

The scent is completely different but the bar soap still has a mild pleasant clean scent.

I wet the soap and rubbed it directly into my face stubble then with the damp not wet brush i started to lather keeping it a bit dry at first then gradually adding a small amount of water to the tips of the brush. It lathers up fairly well, and is really slick but because it's a bath/hand soap it did start to dissipate quicker than a shaving soap which i expected but no quicker than other hand/bath bar soaps i have shaved with in the past....The Semogue 1305 held the lather wonderfully....My boar brushes are something i should add more often to my brush rotation.

All in all, it' provides a slick lather which carried the shave.

Would i use it again? yes, as it gave me an acceptable irritation-free shave...What more can i ask for....As always YMMV.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine from the brut duo.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD 21-Aug
20220816_091757.jpg
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: Blackland Tradere
Blade: 7 O'Clock SP

Good shave this morning, nice relaxing one after the chaos of yesterday. Very smooth finish, not my favourite blade but got the job done and I have a few laying around that need using!

Managed to survive the little terrors party, to be fair it was more painful herding the parents. But animals, tractors, then feed their faces...job done then beer time!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Wald Shaving J3 Nimbus Raven
Soap: Nuavia nera
Razor: Wolfman WR-1 0,67 SB Darwin
Blade: Gillette Nacet
AS: Santa Maria Novella Tabacco toscano

SOTD_20220820.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

Sun 21st August

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
L’Occitane Cade soap
RR Hawk V3 OCplate
Feather Proguard ( 4 )
Myrsol Antesol A/S Lotion

Had an odd Shave on Friday in Hotel, great lighting / mirror etc but no hot water. Had a rather quick tidy up Shave, nice today to be using my own facilities. Am beginning to like the Hawk OC a lot more with the guarded blade, and had no problems getting a rather super close finish.
To round off the Shave I dug out the remains of an old favourite- Myrsol Antesol , was nice especially the post Shave feel.

90AA9F00-4C54-412F-A65F-E59131AA050A.jpeg

Sun 21 - Last day at New Plymouth...Beautiful Pukekura Park, even with the rain!
Soap Ariana & Evans So Cal Hipster
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 3rd
Aftershave Yaqi Malibu Splash
Very nicesoap. The scent is awesome and the lather is richly creamy and slick...the splash matched nicely!
This blade seems to pair perfectly with the vintage razor. So smooth and efficient. 3passes for a bbs finish...
20220821_081812.jpg

SOTD: 21/08/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s #3
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Semogue 620 Excelsior Boar Brush
Bowl: Lickimat Wobble Green Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Necromantic Croap
Aftershave: Southern Witchcrafts Necromantic Aftershave
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of An Easy Sunday Classical Playlist
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Kiss Me Right Now

Easy Sunday shave, best shave of the week, it's the only one that's not under a watched clock. It demands all my favourite tackle. It's the wife's favourite scent as well (you can't say I don't spoil her).

A804D605-0465-49F7-81F4-D5B2680D0904.jpeg

Happy Belated Birthday wishes!
Only 4...and there is a story to tell and a lesson to learn.
Met 14 years ago. Moved to wales 13 years ago. Marriage was not on the cards. We had both been married and had the tee shirt....though I think I lost that during my divorce. We both just wanted someone to grow old with. Almost 5 years ago I was 60 and we went away for the weekend. I remember I was single when I got into the hot tub and I don't remember popping the question but apparently I was engaged when I got out. She had me bagged and tagged by the following August. STAY AWAY FROM HOT TUBS!!!!
Happy Belated Anniversary wishes!

Sunday August 21, 2022
Razor: Yaqi The Final Cut Brass Handle
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Wolf Whisker Beehive/Badger
Soap: Penhaligon's Endymion Shave Cream
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Nivea 2 into 1
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Endymion
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,384

Sunday 21st August

Wild Hog Boar - Hampshire Woof Fat #2 - Blackland Era (OC 4)/Gillette Winner Platinum - Aramis 900 EDT

Despite the reservations expressed with my previous use....this was actually a very good shave! Good enough to see me through the wedding party I will be attending later.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Back
Top Bottom