SOTD: Saturday 2 March - Friday 8 March 2024.

Wednesday 6 March
Razorock Lupo with dual head oc and sb is a very nicely made razor. Maybe not everyone’s favourite but certainly one of mine and today didn’t disappoint. The Mogno Ach Brito has such a creamy smooth lather, quickly fluffed up by the synthetic and felt really comfortable on my skin.
I used the Astra for the 5th x and think it’s just past its best. I have quite a lot of these so don’t need to push for a Guinness book of records certificate of longest use of a razor blade. I also recycle my used blades.
Bbs in 1 main pass wtg and then 1 atg plus pick ups. The joys of an early morning smooth shave should not be underestimated especially after dabbing on the wonderful SV after shave.

Enjoy the day fellas!

IMG_0516.jpeg

06/03/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 Pure Bristle 1950's
Soap - Maca Root / Palmolive stick Superlather
Razor - Gillette Slimtwist (PIF)
Blade - Racer Super Class Platinum
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Avon Wild country
Wk 10  (5) pif.jpg
Thanks to Carl @NotTheStig for the pif'd Slim, it has cleaned up nicely and is now a user grade razor.
Wk 10  (5a) pif (1).jpgWk 10  (5a) pif (2).jpg
a 10 min soak in some Laundry Oxy stain remover to loosen the heavy.
Wk 10  (5a) pif (3).jpgWk 10  (5a) pif (4).jpg
A wash with soap and soft toothbrush, an oil up then a polish. spot on.
Enjoy your day all.

06/03/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Vintage Vulfix service #3 Pure Bristle 1950's
Soap - Maca Root / Palmolive stick Superlather
Razor - Gillette Slimtwist (PIF)
Blade - Racer Super Class Platinum
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Avon Wild country
View attachment 117863
Thanks to Carl @NotTheStig for the pif'd Slim, it has cleaned up nicely and is now a user grade razor.
View attachment 117864View attachment 117865
a 10 min soak in some Laundry Oxy stain remover to loosen the heavy.
View attachment 117866View attachment 117867
A wash with soap and soft toothbrush, an oil up then a polish. spot on.
Enjoy your day all.
Great shave set up Tony. :love:

Declaration Grooming ‘Massacre of the Innocents’
Neep extra dense badger
Eric Anton Berg 9/16ths hollow
SMN Dopo cream
Attar knock off of Parfum de Marley’s Herod

Slow relaxing two pass shave with the slender straight producing a smooth mush and smelling rather delightful. Got the steel engineers ruler out to measure the razor to find the odd ball width, the razor is nifty around the mouth area but I still prefer 5/8ths razors.

Wednesday 6th March

AP1GczPO0P6gfMJFYxcF3voANKLXyCG2RPvB07K7EjurTNU-_A9b7U3KcfGBmU1lIisW8rqLyuhn-PfYB79VOLGtXBB1xyl_jYfpOz2tlxiiZLqlAfSMo7MJeF1m_W_wIHAAbUzptz2Jwy8w7jyGEwxeBvRj3A=w800

Art of Shaving Sandalwood (Vintage/Tallow) Shaving Soap & Semogue SOC Butterscotch Pure Bristle
Muhle R89 w/Red Horseman Swing Handle & Astra Superior Platinum (India) (3)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion

Prima!

... again.

Wednesday 6th March

AP1GczPO0P6gfMJFYxcF3voANKLXyCG2RPvB07K7EjurTNU-_A9b7U3KcfGBmU1lIisW8rqLyuhn-PfYB79VOLGtXBB1xyl_jYfpOz2tlxiiZLqlAfSMo7MJeF1m_W_wIHAAbUzptz2Jwy8w7jyGEwxeBvRj3A=w800

Art of Shaving Sandalwood (Vintage/Tallow) Shaving Soap & Semogue SOC Butterscotch Pure Bristle
Muhle R89 w/Red Horseman Swing Handle & Astra Superior Platinum (India) (3)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion

Prima!

... again.

What's the Indian Astra SP like?

What's the Indian Astra SP like?

Smashing! I'd say sharper than the Russian, perhaps less smooth from the off but by the second shave that's moot ... still sharper. It's a blade that I immediately liked and only three shaves in would still bag a hundred tomorrow (if I didn't have a remainder of life supply of blades already). It's somewhere between the 7 O'Clock Permasharp (green) and the 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (black) for sharpness and smoother than both.

It's a four (possibly more) shave blade for me - note that I almost always ditch a blade at three with only a small handful that I can reliably use to four shaves. Third shave today and I'm certain a fourth will be as good.

Smashing! I'd say sharper than the Russian, perhaps less smooth from the off but by the second shave that's moot ... still sharper. It's a blade that I immediately liked and only three shaves in would still bag a hundred tomorrow (if I didn't have a remainder of life supply of blades already). It's somewhere between the 7 O'Clock Permasharp (green) and the 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (black) for sharpness and smoother than both.

Thanks for the reply. It seems Gillette India have done a good job.

Back
Top Bottom