SOTD: Saturday 2 March - Friday 8 March 2024.

Monday 4th March

AP1GczPWMkENYrJkf7pJ10b80A65-I7b-7ne6MDb2bcS_C3QSg7aRrBxByoaEtGfGG7hElkndpQ-PU1s_UqFXrAh5PZ5RcQuT_ED7mO6PJwuL54xpyyMaDL9PPzE8gIv04VWpC7QrBkyustRgfcZmsOwxx9RRg=w800

Art of Shaving Sandalwood (Vintage/Tallow) Shaving Soap & Semogue SOC Butterscotch Pure Bristle
Muhle Rocca (Polished) w/Souplex Bakelite Handle & Astra Superior Platinum (India) (1)
Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla Aftershave Lotion

Super-excited to use my recently acquired vintage Art of Shaving soap. When I first came to traditional shaving in 2013, I had little appreciation for the drama that the shaving soap world had just been through with one, the move from tallowate to palmate and two, the unfolding Soapworks disaster - Art of Shaving was a soap spoken about very highly, particularly the older tallowate formulation.

... and they weren't wrong! What a phenomenal soap! Luxuriously thick and creamy, sensationally smooth and salaciously slick!

Excited, too, to try the Indian-made Astra Superior Platinum. Granted, I'm late to the party so don't really have a great deal to add to the debate, but my two penneth-worth is that these are sharper than the Russian, less smooth but that's no bad thing. Even after only the first few strokes, I noted that I would be happy to buy a hundred ... but to be fair, I was already sold what with it being an Indian-made blade. I like Indian blades and coming out of the P&G plant (or to Gillette's specifications) like the 7 O'Clock Black (and Green) this does not disappoint.

Swish!

So, that'll be my setup for the week. I'll rotate razors, keeping the rest the same.
Nice pickup with the AOS Sandalwood. (y) I am lucky enough to have a couple of these. Wonderful Valobra lather, and a very natural dry sandalwwod scent.

5/3/24

Soap - Tabac Tallow Stick
Brush -Yaqi Cashmere 20mm
Razor - Gillette Red Tip
Blade - Gillette London Bridge (4)
Post - Alum
AS - Old Spice

I'd not had a horror shave for a while, and I think I was overdue one. The blade felt really smooth for the last few shaves but in the Red Tip it was sharp and harsh, then I went over a minor bump by the top of mouth and I knew the blade had bit me. It took a number of swipes with the alum block to get it to stop bleeding. A few minor weepers on my neck as well. Great lather, good blade but I'd clearly overestimated the Red Tip, I should have paired the blade with a less assertive razor, especially considering I had less than 24 hours worth of growth (I shave at about 6pm yesterday, and shaved in the morning today).

Time to give the face a few days break to let it recover from today's shave!

IMG_20240305_112859.jpg

Two SOTD's in one day? What on earth (and Hell) is satanfriendly's shaving world coming to?

And so the theme is, 'This is the way we shave our face, shave our face, shave our face, this is the way we shave our face, etc etc etc'

And just in case you are in two minds here, it has naff all to do with brushing teeth.

20240305_171808.jpg

Razor etc etc etc - Stainless Mongoose
Etc etc it's a blade - Kai Titan mild
Electric tooth brush - Hive-2
I am the one and only - Signature Coconut
This is the way we moisturise - Simple
Etc etc etc - Laboratory Perfumes Gorse

'That man? Handsome? Don't make me laugh'

A terrific shave for the ugliest man on TSR.

And from that popular show over in the land of the rising sun 'Japan doesn't have talent', someone I wouldn't have a clue about. And I don't think she does either......

Nice pickup with the AOS Sandalwood. (y) I am lucky enough to have a couple of these. Wonderful Valobra lather, and a very natural dry sandalwwod scent.
Absolutely lovin' it! As I said, I missed out when I first came to traditional shaving but I did get certainly one if not two Valobra hard soaps and a C&S No.88 when the going was good. Yes, the scent is clean and pure - I have a very low brow Sandalwood from India which isn't very good as a shaving soap but the scent is pure.

SOTD Tue 5 Mar 2024

Gone to the dogs, shave
778686B9-5EAA-4A03-98A0-093B6F13691F.jpeg
Prep - hot shower
Bowl - silicone dog bowl
Cream - Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm synthetic
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Astra SP (2)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Splash - Sierran Breeze ASL
Balm - Nivea Sensitive Cool PSB
Fragrance - CK IN2U for men EDT

Okay shave for a Tuesday I suppose. Why did I try that blade again, don’t know but won’t happen again, it’s gone! Apart from the scrape on my neck and a fair bit of irritation, the shave was good (enough)!

BAB9B634-FC46-4050-93ED-390DCF99763B.jpeg
So, that Satanfriendly - is he though?
It’s okay, people think you’re just a dog.
Are you sure they don’t know that Beelzedog (also known as Lucifur) is my second cousin, once removed, on my mother’s side?
I’m sure they don’t.
So I can just carry on being the unknown daemon?
As you wish.
Good!

Last edited:
Wed 6th March

Aleppo soap - Shave pre wash
Jayaruh Syn No67
Cyril Salter Solid soap
Yaqi Raster V1
Feather Pro [ 1 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Not getting much use with The Raster as I prefer other Razors. Struggled a bit on clearance of 4 days growth, but eventually got reasonable good finish.I did purchase another one, but disappointed as Yaqi did not improve the blade lug design.

IMG_0303.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom