SOTD: Saturday 2 December - Friday 8 December 2023.

Second go with the Rex Ambassador and another try of the 7 o'clock version of the Permasharp.
A decent shave after a bit of effort on the neckline.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Permasharp Stainless "Green"
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aqueous Cream
Lather: Lider Classic
Additional Care:
Aqueous Cream

SOTD: 7th December 2023.

12.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Bergamot & Sea Salt Energising Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Face Lather.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood & Shea Butter Shaving Soap.
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword. (D4)
Razor: King C. Gillette.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./ Proraso Sandalwood & Shea Oil ASL.

Greetings,

An invigorating early morning cold water shave to finishing my first shaving week of December off superbly.

The addition of the the Shea Butter & Oil in the Proraso Sandalwood duo is a great tonic for my mature skin which protects against the elements.

My maiden introduction to the King C. Gillette razor has been the highlight of my shaving week. I'm really impressed by it's mild yet efficient smoothness.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Proraso Sandalwood & Shea Oil ASL.

My face is feeling cool smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

PXL_20231207_073048857~3.jpg
really enjoyed this bad santa sample. scent strength wasn't quite as strong as cavendish but plenty strong enough when lathered and I liked the scent better. it's darker and more cherry wood than floral perfume.

it's just the right time of year for these tobacco based scents so keeping everything constant but the soap and next up from the Fatboy passaround box will be tobacco oud.
this is my favourite of the three unlathered and of all the samples included so excited to try it out on my next shave.

PXL_20231207_073406402~2.jpg

Razor = Karve CB ( C )
Blade =Treet Silver ( 1 )
Brush = Phantom Aerolite by PAA
Soap = Dendi Aqua sample
Splash = Saponificio Varesino
Manna Di Sicilia
Balm = Proraso
IMG_0181.jpeg
Well a totally random shave with sample’s & nothing actually matches but thoroughly enjoyable nonetheless.
The Karve pairs with the Treet Silver was first class
a 3 pass bbs shave easy peasey.
The Soap was a sample from @gile @ highlander brushes.
The performance of the soap in very goof but the scent strength for me was very poor with the scent being little to non existent.
But as i say the performance was very good.
The star of the show was the splash
i like this enough to buy it.
It’s one of the best scents iv tried in a while
i love these sample shaves i don’t need to think lol
I put my hand in a bag & pull out anything
Similar to a Shave Den Glory Hole lol
Enjoy your night

Thursday 8 December
Up at sparrows this morning to take the boss to Gatwick. So a later shave than normal for me. Time for my newly acquired DS-Mars head, it’s extremely well made and a perfect match for my titanium handle. I slotted in a half Gillette Silver Blue and was surprised at how little blade edge was on show. Never seen anything like that on any of my other razors. Maybe only half a millimeter showing? Anyway, on with the Floris and two passes later I had a very comfortable bbs finish.
So, it’s not about what’s on show it’s how you apply it that matters. And the Mars definitely delivers.
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0401.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom