20 September

Meißner Tremonia Dark Limes
Simfix Barrule 2 band super
Rex Ambassador (2)
Feather Hi-stainless
Bart's Amber and Moroccan Jasmine asl
YSL Y

700239E6-CED9-4203-AD72-9DB5562C0C12.jpeg

It feels like a long time since my last post, or not very long at all. It depends how you look at it. Nearly missed the boat with this one too. To business. A fabulous shave with the small (22mm knot) Simfix brush creating an unbelievably good lather with the German soap. The Ambassador is a favourite adjustable and proved it's worth producing a very fine shave with a 4 shave old Feather. Finished today with the excellent Bart's Balm and the magical YSL Y. Why? Because it smells so good.

Pre-shave: Cold water
Razor: Brass Karve D Plate
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Shave-soap: Extro Fra Rinik
Brush : Simpsons T3
Post Shave : Executive Shaving Balm / Polo Green
Have a great weekend all

View attachment 59656
Excellent soap choice - I love the smell of the Fra Rinik. I also think the T3 is right up there amongst the best synthetics for ~£20

Mon 21 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen 1st use
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Parker Semi Slant
Blade Wizamet Iridium Super #10 use
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
1st use of soap. Scent off the tub was not strong but upon lathering wow!! Just a pea size in tye bowl turn into a lusciously thick, creamy and reasonably slick lather. The scent...waaaaaa! Not immediately in love...
Shave with razor paired with the well-used blade was still very nice. Smooth and comfortable 3+1 passes for between bbs to dfs result. Icy water rinse then waited to check post shave face feel....not bad. Soft and no irritation. Then apply Thayers and aftershaves. Face is nicely smooth and soft. 9.7 rating. 1st impression on the soap...hmmmm
20200920_233249.jpg
20200921_112937.jpg

Mon 21st Sept.

RR Syn.22mm
Cyril Salter Solid Soap
PAL S/S Adjustable
Schick S/S Single - Japan [ 1 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

For a long time this PAL was my favourite Injector Razor confined to use of a single blade, possibly being overtaken by my Canadian E2.
Am really noticing the longer Shave Time of these Injectors compared with the larger AC/SE razors I am using, but still a good quality Shave.

IMG_1036.jpg

Captain Fawcett's lost bag…
I picked this up at an auction recently…Captain Fawcett's field bag…yes, that Captain Fawcett! The bag marked his last known location on a mystery exploration many years ago. Sadly he was never seen again and his remains have never been found, but his bag provides a great insight to the man, the legendary explorer ...the wet shaver.

In this forum, of course, I'm concentrating on his shaving accoutrements. He wasn't short of a bob or two: note the personalised monogramed shaving soap and brush. he was also a man of great taste…the ivory and gold Edwin Jagger DE89 demonstrates this. Not shown in the photo was a small bottle of Shulton's Old Spice… ahh…what a guy!

View attachment 59668

Of course, I had to try out the shaving gear myself. It stood up remarkably well given the number of years it has been lost and festering in the dark cavern where it was discovered.

View attachment 59669

The shaving soap was excellent…lathered nicely and provided a very nice cushion for a smooth and comfortable shave...unfortunately it's fragrance (if it originally had any) while not unpleasant, was unremarkable...clean but neutral. The brush was marvellous for painting on lather precisely where I wanted it…essential for a man operating in the field...I can see why the Cap'n had it made exactly that way.

The razor? Well it's an EJDE89 for goodness sake…of course it was superb!:cool:

At the auction I also acquired Captain Fawcett's military wash bag that contained a tube of his own shaving cream and also a rather interesting after shave. Mmmmm…I'll be posting about that tomorrow.;)

Happy exploring all(y):)

This is awesome!!!! :love:

21 September

Wickham 1912 Cashmere
Razorock Bruce Plissoft
MÜHLE R41 with Ikon bulldog
Feather Hi-stainless
Bart's Amber and Moroccan Jasmine asb
Paco Rabanne 1 Million

F24BF6BE-8B53-4602-84DA-D16EE1BA5BF1.jpeg

A very good shave today with the MÜHLE R41 head and Feather. I like the extra weight and change in balance that the Ikon handle gives, and it also looks good. Two passes provided a close and comfortable shave. The newer R41 is not the ogre it is sometimes considered providing you use the correct angle and go lightly.

Monday 21st September
Semogue 620 - Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime - Yaqi Katana - Euromax Platinum #2 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
0Zzfb6e.jpg

21/09/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap: 1912 Citrus Musk
Razor: Rex Ambassador #3 / #2.5
Blade: Gillette Stainless (2)
Post shave: Cold water rinse,
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: 1912 Citrus Musk
Wk 39 (2) Mon.JPG
What more do you want?
A fantastic lather applied with a Face-full of soft Badger (no bristle loss today(y)).
A brilliant razor Paired with a very sharp and smooth blade (not sure of the model of this one, blank white wrapper as part of a Russian trial pack).
A really nice post shave leaving me BBS, soft, supple and smelling top drawer.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom