SOTD Saturday 19th Sept to Friday 25th Sept 2020

I have to agree with you Barry, they do look a bit vicious, although i also find mine a very mild & efficient shaver, i think they are overlooked because of its looks and the blade modification which i find really easy to do. Its a shame not more are used.
T
It is a shame that other traditional wet shaving enthusiasts don't use or at least try these wonderful vintage razors more..'Fear and ignorance' i suppose, your correct the blade modification is easy to do a quick tug with a pair of pliers removes the blade spine effortlessly.

Last edited:
Sun 20 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor Gillette Slim N4
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Nivea Sensitive Balm
Starting to appreciate this soap. Surprisingly nice and lasting scent well past 3hrs. Creamy and slick too.
Shave with razor paired with blade was smooth & comfortable at setting 9 & 7. 3+1 passes for a bbs to dfs result.
Post & aftershave was soothing.
Good, clean shave 9.5/10
20200920_010643.jpg
20200920_114826.jpg

Pils 101NE : Super Shave X Platinum : Moon Soaps Havana : Alpha Shaving Outlaw 28mm 2 band Badger​

200920-SOTD.jpg

Captain Fawcett's lost bag…
I picked this up at an auction recently…Captain Fawcett's field bag…yes, that Captain Fawcett! The bag marked his last known location on a mystery exploration many years ago. Sadly he was never seen again and his remains have never been found, but his bag provides a great insight to the man, the legendary explorer ...the wet shaver.

In this forum, of course, I'm concentrating on his shaving accoutrements. He wasn't short of a bob or two: note the personalised monogramed shaving soap and brush. he was also a man of great taste…the ivory and gold Edwin Jagger DE89 demonstrates this. Not shown in the photo was a small bottle of Shulton's Old Spice… ahh…what a guy!

CF1.jpg

Of course, I had to try out the shaving gear myself. It stood up remarkably well given the number of years it has been lost and festering in the dark cavern where it was discovered.

DSC_1473.jpg

The shaving soap was excellent…lathered nicely and provided a very nice cushion for a smooth and comfortable shave...unfortunately it's fragrance (if it originally had any) while not unpleasant, was unremarkable...clean but neutral. The brush was marvellous for painting on lather precisely where I wanted it…essential for a man operating in the field...I can see why the Cap'n had it made exactly that way.

The razor? Well it's an EJDE89 for goodness sake…of course it was superb!:cool:

At the auction I also acquired Captain Fawcett's military wash bag that contained a tube of his own shaving cream and also a rather interesting after shave. Mmmmm…I'll be posting about that tomorrow.;)

Happy exploring all(y):)

Sat 19th Sept and Sun 20th Sept
Prep: Hot face wash Pears Lemon Flower
Soap: Signature Hibernia
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Timberwolf
Bowl: Timeless Travel
Razor: Henson Black Rocket Red Aluminium
Blade: PolSilver Super Iridium (2)
AS: Superdrug Sierran Breeze
ASB: Body Shop Kistna
First couple of shaves with the Henson and all i can say its bloody brilli

Sunday 20th September

Brush - YaqI 24mm Tuxedo Marble Handle
Cream - Creightons
Razor - Timeless 0.68 SS Scalloped
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (3)?
Post - 4711 Aftershave

Creightons shave cream is one of those very inexpensive items that seems to go under the radar, but it does a good job.
It has quite a nice scent too, very clean and pleasant. Post Shave is good too.
For sub £2 a tube, I recommend the inquisitive to give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom