SOTD : Saturday 19th March - Friday 25th March 2022.

SOTD 24-Mar
20220315_130445.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Braizier' Gealousy SHD
Soap: WK Cuero Oscuro
Razor: Gillette Old
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SP

I wish I could say I get on with this WK, but it's really not to my taste. Don't get me wrong it performs well but the scent is just not for me. Think I'll stick with the Vor V or Double Agent, definitely more to my tastes.

Despite that still a good shave, nice smooth running razor and good finish.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Thursday:
Thanks for the messages of support, fostering is our choice and everything is good, even though we do miss the little ones, but they are settling in well in their new family.

I didn't shave yesterday to give the cold sore and nick a day off! Today I went with my current favourite razor and blade combo. A '48 Brit Tech with a Nacet.

Got an excellent lather which facilitated a super shave. I only did 2 passes, but am BBS everywhere but the cold sore area and my face feels soft and smooth.

Got to go and deliver my 'baby' brother's 50th present this afternoon. A birth year razor, all of the accoutrements to start DE shaving and a card with 10 top tips that I've put together, using my vast 11 months worth of DE experience along with some links to instructions such as Mantic 59, etc.

Have a good day!

Attachments

• IMG_20220324_090256__01.jpg
    IMG_20220324_090256__01.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 6
20220324_123220.jpg
SOTD 24th Mar
Brush - PAA Starcraft
Soap - TDS Kosmetika Lilac notes
Razor - Muhle Rocca R94
Blade - Astra SP #3
Post - TDS Kosmetika balm
If this shave had a theme- think it would be "Beauty and the Beast".
I desperately want to love this razor - its stunning to look at, feels solid and is beautifully balanced.
But it's got too much blade feel for me. I received 6 weepers and a fair bit of skin irritation for my efforts here. Never had a problem with an Astra SP on it's 3rd use. Sometimes, perhaps, it's just not meant to be.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves.

Thursday AM 2022-03-24
World's longest goldfish measured at 18.7 inches on this date in 2003
WT4zs3m.jpg

Rooney 3/1 Ivory Finest (22/50)
Ethos Grooming Succès shaving soap
Carbon Adamas
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (15)
Dopo Barba di Camaldoli

A very nice mix of pineapple scent followed by melon.
nIhlY1D.jpg

E42C37B4-6B74-4201-B693-A124F4BCFA8E.jpeg
SOTD: 24/03/2022

Razor: Alpha Shaving Works The Bandit
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 2nd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Tabac Original Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Third shave in and as has become a quick habit no issues and a super, close and smooth shave, just enough blade feel but mild enough not to have to have a break in shaving the following day. The feather was arguably better on the second use and hence I managed a very good DFS which was BBS in most places in two passes. I decided to reluctantly leave it there as I want to try and use the open comb tomorrow, but I’m unsure I’ll have enough growth to get a good shave if I went for a full three passes.
For a weighty razor it’s very nimble and I wonder if they medium to thin, thick head is the reason for this? All I know is I have a new razor on my wish list to save for!

Back
Top Bottom