SOTD : Saturday 19th March - Friday 25th March 2022.

SOTD : 19th March 2022.

9.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Simple Pure Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: MWF.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Parker Variant. (Settings) 2.5-wtg,3.5-atg, + Pick ups.
Cold water Face Wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Original ASL./Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend. When i first started to use MWF i struggled to get a good lather. However, once i realised you just load it up with a damp brush, add water to the tips of the brush in between each pass and hey presto it creates an acceptable slick lather....."Being on a over zealous quest to achieve perfection from any shaving soap or any shaving item as a matter of fact is pointless IMHO".. Some shaving soaps and creams work better than others but all create an acceptable lather with a little effort & patience...Now i absolutely love MWF.

The Dorco Prime Platinum paired together with the Parker Variant wonderfully making a smooth efficient duo.

A enjoyable close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 19 SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Clubman Whiskey Woods
A wonderfully aromatic cigarish scented soap! Today's lather was creamy and slick enough...very enjoyable!
Today's shave with this excellent antique razor was good enough in 3passes for a dfs/ccs result. I like the hefty and solid feel with a smooth and comfortable edge. The aftershaves were just as good.
20220319_115030.jpg

Today's shave:

rdt2203198ejqr.jpg

- Meštar Bagulina
- Yaqi "Robin" Synthetic
- Mühle CC/Noname handle with ASP blade
- CHH Tobacco aftershave

:)

Saturday 19th March

Wild Hog Boar - Cella Bio - Wilkinson Sword Classic/Treet New Steel - Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

This was the first DE I ever owned. I used it before I discovered the Internet and 'fell down the rabbit hole'. It's cheap....doesn't look like much....but it gives a great shave.
3 passes for an excellent result :)

19/03/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap - OSP Dark Matter
Razor - 6/8 Koraat B-II Near wedge - Cocobolo
Blade - @Ulrik
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
P3190004.JPG
Still got it!
My lather was not as loose as i normally like when using a straight, however, it did its jobs.(y)
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

A Saturday morning shave and so themed 'A Saturday morning shave'. Because I am damn original

20220318_152812.jpg

Saturday's razor - Stainless Colonial General
Saturday's blade - Feather Super Professional
Saturday's brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Saturday's soap - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos
Saturday's scent - Abbate Y Mantia Krokos splash

You are saved this morning as I am extremely hung over and can't be bothered to say too much. All I can Waffle is, what a super shave, have a smashing weekend and I love you all.

Have some Japanese ladies with the Radicals

SOTD 19-Mar
20220316_102034.jpg
Brush: PAA Phantom
Soap: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: Blackland Era (5)
Blade: GSB (1)

Travel shave this morning, back over home way (Yorkshire), better than my last attempt over here. Nice smooth running, lather could do with a little more work but at least my face wasn't on fire afterwards!

Out and about in York for the day/night with the Mrs, the little one palmed off on the grandma, should be a grand day.

Hope everyone has a good kick off to the weekend!

Cheers

Marc

0A16CBBB-F50A-45F4-81C0-5EC6C165EA0F.jpeg
SOTD: 19/03/2022

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Wickham’s 1912 Citrus Musk Puck
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Closest shave in weeks! Everything was spot on from the razor to the soap. I’m not normally a fan of lightly scented soaps but this just works perfectly for the Wickhams. A great start to the weekend and I can’t wait for the arrival of the Bandit pass around to run through its paces. Add to that I’m not getting a mattress now it means I can get a Hone or Vector as a belated pressie to me.

View attachment 85779
SOTD: 19/03/2022

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Wickham’s 1912 Citrus Musk Puck
Aftershave: PAA Future Fiction Cologne
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Closest shave in weeks! Everything was spot on from the razor to the soap. I’m not normally a fan of lightly scented soaps but this just works perfectly for the Wickhams. A great start to the weekend and I can’t wait for the arrival of the Bandit pass around to run through its paces. Add to that I’m not getting a mattress now it means I can get a Hone or Vector as a belated pressie to me.

Has to be the Hone

Back
Top Bottom