SOTD : Saturday 19th March - Friday 25th March 2022.

My shave themed, 'Today I pulled a Queen'

20220323_174254.jpg

And tugged in front of her

20220324_142259.jpg

Queen Anne - General V2
Queen Boudicca - Feather Professional
Queen Victoria - Yaqi Dandelion
Queen Isabella of Bolton - Signature Soaps Wicstun
RuPaul - Signature Soaps Londinium splash

Bloody big ship - HMS Queen Elizabeth

'Nice bit of pulling matey'

A very welcome shave with the General V2 and as I mentioned elsewhere, in my experience of slimline AC razors the Colonial leads the pack. Wonderfully comfortable with the Feather Professional and superbly accurate, smooth and close. I don't know how many others out there see accuracy as being an important factor in a razor, but I do like sharp precise edges to my sidies. And elsewhere for that matter.

The Signature Soaps and a 24mm Cashmere? There was only ever going to be perfection. The Wictsun is everything I could wish for in scent, Lather quality and the name for good reasons. The Wicstun being very Lime based to me has the Londinium splash working very nicely with it. The software side was well covered.

I am sure I was so perfectly finished there must have been quite a number of crew thinking 'Now that is the man I would like to give me a pull'

And I did

And I know someone on here who has this evening's choice of Japanese ladies good reason to enjoy what I do in the name of a job.

I do like sharp precise edges to my sidies.
Amen bro. A sharply defined bottom to one's sideys is of the utmost importance. You might think a straight razor would automatically achieve this, but you only have to get the stretching of the skin wrong and facial wobbliness ensues. In fact I am surprised nobody really ever mentions this aspect. I mean, even if you don't have bona fide Trojan sideys, that bit of hair still has to stop somewhere and it ought to be neat and straight right?

My shave themed, 'Today I pulled a Queen'

View attachment 85959

And tugged in front of her

View attachment 86001

Queen Anne - General V2
Queen Boudicca - Feather Professional
Queen Victoria - Yaqi Dandelion
Queen Isabella of Bolton - Signature Soaps Wicstun
RuPaul - Signature Soaps Londinium splash

Bloody big ship - HMS Queen Elizabeth

'Nice bit of pulling matey'

A very welcome shave with the General V2 and as I mentioned elsewhere, in my experience of slimline AC razors the Colonial leads the pack. Wonderfully comfortable with the Feather Professional and superbly accurate, smooth and close. I don't know how many others out there see accuracy as being an important factor in a razor, but I do like sharp precise edges to my sidies. And elsewhere for that matter.

The Signature Soaps and a 24mm Cashmere? There was only ever going to be perfection. The Wictsun is everything I could wish for in scent, Lather quality and the name for good reasons. The Wicstun being very Lime based to me has the Londinium splash working very nicely with it. The software side was well covered.

I am sure I was so perfectly finished there must have been quite a number of crew thinking 'Now that is the man I would like to give me a pull'

And I did

And I know someone on here who has this evening's choice of Japanese ladies good reason to enjoy what I do in the name of a job.

What pub were you in when you pulled the queen
oh & what’s his name ;)

Fri 25 SOTD
Soap PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade SilverStar Super Stainless 5th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + PAA Cavendish Splash
My 1st & very best tobacco pipe-scented soap started my tobacco collections. This soap remains number 1 for scent, thickly rich creamy, and very slick lather...love it!
Today's shave with this razor paired with the blade was amazing! The blade made a huge difference...super smooth, effortlessly comfortable, and surprisingly efficient. 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Sooo good! The matching aftershave was so good too, truly cementing this Soap & AS combo as my number 1.
20220325_110926.jpg

SOTD 25-Mar
20220323_144228.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: B&M Passiflora
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE

Excellent shave this morning, very smooth finish. Fancied something a little different today so went with the passiflora, heavy on the passion fruit which is saying something if even my nose can pick it up, but very pleasant.

Hope everyone has a cracking Friday and good kick off to the weekend!

Cheers

Marc

Another new brush - couldn’t resist the bargain! Thanks @SS2013

Pre-shave: Splash of warm water
Bowl: Captains choice copper
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger
Razor: Rockwell 6c
Blade: 7 O’Clock Green (2)
Soap: Stirling Duke
Post-shave: Pinaud Clubman

The Duke brush is definitely a massive step up from the cheap badger brush I got at the beginning of the rabbit hole.

Stirling Duke is a pleasant mild scent but not particularly memorable. Good shave overall.
79D2E13C-D657-4C2E-B697-617B9FB08E6A.jpeg

Friday:
Nice start to the day. It's a lovely sunny day with a gentle breeze, so I went for something a little lighter.
Cost to weight ratio, I reckon the Cella is up there. Provided a good lather for a good shave. My only criticism is that the tub is a tad small for my brushes, even a 19mm splays over the edge and drops lather out. I should have thought of that when picking up the Zenith boar as it's got a fair bit of loft and plenty of splay.
I dunno why I didn't just buy the full bottle of a/s splash. Like a plonker, I got a tester!

2 pass DFS. Work beckons now that my morning brief is over.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_20220325_090917__01.jpg
    IMG_20220325_090917__01.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 4
Friday SOTD

mjHIlJs.png

Gillette ‘46-’47 Aristocrat / Nacet
Cremo Original Shave Cream
Aqua Velva Aftershave
Super quick, but enjoyable shave. Love the Crat with a Nacet.
First accident for Rosie so far. My fault, I should have braved the rain and taken her out as soon as I woke up.

i7J7qV3.png

Last edited:
Good morning all,

Prep, hot water and flannel and a touch of Magno Soap to the face
Music, PreFab Sprout
Brush, Razorock Beehive
Cream, Simpsons Bay Rum
Razor, Karve Brass
Blade, Silver Star Super Stainless, Lords
ASB, Simpsons Bay Rum

A lot bolder and richer scent than the other creams, especially the Sandalwood. Very similar performance to the other Simpsons creams. Nice and rich and creamy, a great surface to work on.

My usual 3 grain pass. Absolutely zero issues and very pleased with the results. A nice clean and close shave and the balm was good too.

Have a good day all.

Best,

Ben

Last edited:
25 March

PAA Dapper Doc’s
Simpson Chubby 2 Manchurian
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-Stainless
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis

5AA0E3A7-C201-47DE-9F92-AC2CC4CAB70E.jpeg
I had a superb shave this morning. The correct angle on the AS-D1, and a super slick lather from the PAA soap, led to a wonderful two pass shave. Possibly the closest shave that I have ever had with my Feather razor, smooth.

Back
Top Bottom