SOTD : Saturday 19th June to Friday 25th June 2021.

Some small razor love today. This Lund is Saturday of a four day set. They are what I call midi in size - 9/16 and 2.75” in length instead of the standard 3”. But an edge is an edge regardless of how much steel is behind it and Saturday provided a very efficient and smooth shave :love:

Hot water preparation
Argan Oil PSO
Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Badger
Castle Forbes 1445 Shaving Cream
Lund “midi” 9/16 - Saturday
Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel

FD85D1CF-2AA4-4B70-9384-3218A717C3D1.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Brush: BSB-1 TI HMW
Soap: Eufros TSN 2018 LE
Razor: Seygus Zeppelin V2 0,9 TI
Blade: Voskhod
AS: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

SOTD_20210619.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

How do you find the .9 Zeppelin baseplate Marco?
Hi Mark,
My 0.7 Zeppelin is a nice razor, smooth and efficent. The bent head design Seygus has introduced gives a kind of slant effect to the razor.
The 0.9 gap brings the razor to the next level. I had 5 days if growth and was considering a OC shave but the 0.9 Seygus just did the job. 3 pass routine and the 0.9 baseplate was a winner all the way. Some extra blade feel compared to the 0.7 but still smooth and pleasant. For me it seems that the effect of the bent head and blade give a tad more efficency at higher gaps.

Regards Marco

Pre = Fitjar islands Charcoal Bar
Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Gillette Silver Blue
Brush = Yaqi 24mm Aqua Synthetic
Soap = The Merchant by Zingari Man with matching splash & balm.

Quite possibly one of my best shaves in a month or so .
not that iv had many bad shaves but this one was class.
Just finished a 14 hour shift in Norway and couldn’t be bothered with shaving but once i seen the gear sitting there i couldn’t help myself.
No Rush just nice & easy
took me ages to lather up,
not because i was having difficulty but i was enjoying it so much i just layered layer upon layer
A 10/10 shave :love:
4A5F5E6E-A3D7-40AE-98A3-02C89716272C.png

Saturday 19th June

ACtC-3deyuBlLEkrpXsXjZXn1W_vBf5MHTPC0YWzNhxdbJ9Cc2RZlznCkdfeV8f1zwWav2kFkgLq2F6PU_9eBAxiwgwmK5OTHHB1Y04RLhi6vVFMhj9qyYAFhW2Xdeli2bOkNbU9yl4uWyJ4TgHNMFMD5A6nkQ=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Wickham 1912 Apricus Shaving Soap
Semogue SOC Butterscotch 24mm Boar
Muhle Rocca R96
SuperMax Platinum+ (1)
Floid (Black) Aftershave

I had to ditch the last blade (the Dorco Prime STP300/301) after a couple of shaves as it really wasn't cutting it ...

I've had these SuperMax Platinum+ blades on the slate for a good while now, but having gone through a glut of SuperMax not so long back (see: https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/community/threads/six-weeks-in-supermax.53997) they've rather taken a lower place.

I like SuperMax. I have something good to say about most things from SuperMax. Yes, they're not all great, not all good and some downright poor, but there is a purpose to each and every one. Personally, I find maybe three or four from a line-up of over 20 to be acceptable to me ... and I think this (albeit discontinued) could have joined them.

Sharp and smooth, super-forgiving. What more could you want?

PS-Turkish Bar Soap
Soap-Nivea
Brush-Razorock Bristle
Blade-Gillette Super Thin
Razor-Merkur Futur(3)
AS-Lavender Oil Dilute

Odds and sods shave with a Futur I haven’t used for years. Worked well with the blade but a fiercer setting next time. I was surprised at the quality of the Nivea tube cream which I picked up at an Italian petrol station a few years ago and had been hiding in a travel bag.

Back
Top Bottom