SOTD : Saturday 19th June to Friday 25th June 2021.

Oz7st6X.png
Ah! The original that inspired the PAA Peregrino! Sweet.

SOTD 19-June
20210619_094754.jpg
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: Razorock Monster
Soap: Extro O' Selvaggio
Razor: Friodur 17 7/8

It's been a while since I've held a razor in my hand and thought twice, this thing looked and felt massive. Luckily though my fears were completely unfounded, perfectly maneuverable and scythed away hairs effortlessly even under the nose (which was still a concern even though the rest of the shave was going well).

I may still have to look into the 250 and 14 just to complete the set, but that's just gluttony. I think there's only 1 more that I actually want now by a certain Austrian manufacturer who makes some crackers and I will be content (I say that but I know what most of us are like).

Have a cracking day all!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
SOTD 19-June
View attachment 71937
Prep: Warm shower and PAA Cube
Brush: Razorock Monster
Soap: Extro O' Selvaggio
Razor: Friodur 17 7/8

It's been a while since I've held a razor in my hand and thought twice, this thing looked and felt massive. Luckily though my fears were completely unfounded, perfectly maneuverable and scythed away hairs effortlessly even under the nose (which was still a concern even though the rest of the shave was going well).

I may still have to look into the 250 and 14 just to complete the set, but that's just gluttony. I think there's only 1 more that I actually want now by a certain Austrian manufacturer who has makes some crackers and I will be content (I say that but I know what most of us are like).

Have a cracking day all!

Cheers

Marc
It's a beauty Marc.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 19th June 2021

Shave Score 10.0/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ Baxter’s Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Haverford
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: FaTip Lo Storto
Blade: Derby Extra (1)
Post Shave Stirling Soap Co. Haverford
Post Shave Balm: Stirling Soap Co. Haverford
Post Shave Cologne: Stirling Soap Co. Haverford

Tested a new Derby blade in this new Lo Storto Razor today, again perfect, no complaints, a weirdly underated blade, It also took very little effort :)

Have a great Saturday all.

Joe

4011C5D8-3CD8-4312-A8DA-7ACD212E3A21.jpeg

203025462_1519895688349076_5297380187809559449_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Pinnacle God Save The Queen
Brush: Multicolour DS Cosmetics handle with 26mm Ubersoft knot
Razor: 60's Gillette Tech head on Edward X Jacob barberpole handle
Blade: Super-Max Blue Diamond(1)

The DS Cosmetics brush has been neglected in my routines as it has been appropriated by my better half (along with my Flying Eagle razor and a couple of soaps :oops: ) Today it produced a fluffy ball of slickness with the Pinnacle - so soft puts some of my other synthetics to shame! Iwas right about the Tech with a heavier handle - that's right up my street. However the Blue Diamond was too mild to pair with it, andit took numerous tidy-ups to achieve an acceptable finish. More tests will be carried out. The GSTQ ASL scent is still a little bit out there, but changes once on the face to a milder version and is rather pleasant.

Have a great weekend gents:giggle:

19/06/21
Pre: Cold water face wash
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes 26mm Silvertip- Blue Resin
Soap: OSP Tallow Cream Trial
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Vetiver & Clary Sage infused Argan Oil Balm
Aftershave: Brut Original Splash
Wk 25 (1).JPG
A very nice, albeit, a careful shave today. Only 2 passes required today, WTG and XTG/ATG mix for a BBS face feeler.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom