SOTD : Saturday 18th June - Friday 24th June. 2022.

21/06/22
Pre - Pears Transparent Face Wash
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise
Soap - 1912 Irish Fern
Razor - Blackland Dart
Blade - Voskhod Teflon coated
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 25 (4).JPG
It is always an "event" when i pull out the Dart, for me, he surely is my most aggressive razor, using good, mindful technique it can be used without issue.
Today a careful 2 pass shave has left me with a very close finish with a little indication from the splash, all in all a very good shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Tue 21 SOTD
Cream TBS MacaRoot & Aloe
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DLC
Blade Shick Super Stainless 7th
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + TBS MacaRoot & Aloe Gel
Awesome qualities from the cream! Super nice scent with a rich creamy and slick lather...love this!!
Another wonderful shave with this excellent blade paired with one of my top razors. Very smooth and efficient in 3passes for a bbs finish..and no issues! The matching aftershave was just great...smell so good!
20220621_134456.jpg

Sotd-21-06-22.png

Karve Overlander alu (on loan)
Treet Platinum (4)
Simpson Special best
Capra unscented
warm water
Vitos Tobbaco.

First impressions of the Overlander were very positive. The usual quality from Karve - this is a beautifully designed and manufactured razor. Blade alignment is not going to be an issue - it snaps in place and isn't going to move, ever. Weight-wise it's a bit goldilocks for me - not too light and not too heavy. The handle - despite being ugly as sin - is very grippy but a shade too long for me. Not the end of the world obviously. It shaves with an assurance all of its own - a beautiful 'crisp' sound as it cuts away. A degree of blade feel but not in an unpleasant way. I'm a fan of modern designs that result in a low profile head - easier under the nose. It delivered a very good result indeed - it coped with my problem areas with aplomb. Very close and mild - which is what you want in an everyday razor. The real test will be using it for a few days in a row. Thanks @Boycie83

Shave well all - yours - I.

Last edited:
Tue 21st June

Alpha Syn 28mm
MWF
Claymore Evolution
Feather Proguard ( 2 )
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

Am afraid another former Club member and official has passed, so today needed to be smart and dressed up.
The guarded blade works so well in this Razor for me, even the most troublesome areas of stubble removed with ease.

2E4C762D-2FEA-4BB1-BA22-EDC5799A235E.jpeg

Earlier today (Tues):

I think this blade is most likely spent, I probably could get at least another shave, but why have a rough one just for the sake of another!

The Apogee was a very apt random selection seeing as I am delving through spacecraft requirements much of the afternoon. This brush feels like a bit of a suction cup on the mush when lathering, it seems massive compared to the other brushes that I have.

Attachments

• IMG_20220621_114244__01.jpg
    IMG_20220621_114244__01.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 7
43856544fn.jpg

43856545cp.jpg

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Lord Platinum ( 3 )
Brush = Simpsons T3
Soap = The Rambler By Zingari Man with matching splash & balm
7A5A112E-84A1-4C6C-AA69-9B776C7C4C83.jpegAnother top drawer shave for me today.
The Feather is possibly one of if not thee mildest razor i own but it still doesn’t fail to impress.
Mild but very efficient.
Can’t wait to get home & a change of gear
never mind onwards & upwards
Stay Safe

Back
Top Bottom